What's the most exotic meat you've eaten?

jakeblues1295

Jun 6, 2011
I've literally had almost every type of animal you can find here in the south. Gator, frog, squirrel, coon, rabbit. The only ones I can say I really enjoyed were the gator and the rabbit.

Sterling|D-Reaver

Jun 14, 2010
alligator, snake and shark for me. . . all were quite tasty.
of course I've also had various seafoods but except for the shark non were exotic.

Dasrufken

Dec 1, 2010
I've actually eaten some of my own muscle mass.

It wasn't much and it did kinda get accidently cut off due to a mishap with a pair of scissors...

tasted like iron.

Legendsmith

Mar 9, 2010

Chevy235

Jun 8, 2010
Ostrich, Kangaroo, Reindeer, Alligator (not that uncommon where I'm at), wild boar (also not too uncommon), snake, venison, and I'm pretty sure that Cornish hen I had at my bro's wedding was in fact a pigeon, but I can't prove it.

Amethyst Wind

Apr 1, 2009
Scorpion or Seahorse or Cockroach or unspecified testicle. Also snake.

All in the space of about an hour.

Wangfujing's food street in Beijing, in case anybody's wondering.

redfistmg

Jun 14, 2011
Jellied, Eels, jellied eels, wogglin' about like wonky wheels, why'd ya frown and look so sickly? slide them down your throat so quickly...
Has anybody heard that song?
...They are pretty gross though. I don't mind plain eel in sushi!

DMac the Knife

Mar 24, 2010
Meat: Kangaroo, ostrich, antelope, balut, wild boar, alligator, bear, rocky mountain oysters (as previously noted, these are not exactly exotic,but...), frog, bison, llama, guinea pig, snake, turtle, elk, moose, and horse

Fish/sea creatures: Sea cucumber, anemones, sea slug, crab fat, fugu, and shark.

I have also eaten scorpions,tarantulas, crickets, grasshoppers, and ants.

I travel on business a lot and my local hosts tend to want me to eat what I would normally consider to be "dare" foods. As in "Yes, I will have some of that sauteed liver in brain sauce..."

Zaverexus

Jul 5, 2010
Um, alligator tail. So, yeah, not very interesting.

Unless crickets count, but I don't think so.