What's the most expensive thing you've bought?

TechNoFear

Mar 22, 2009
I have a collection of guitars, they cover the walls in one room. I did not buy them all at once though, it has taken over 25 years.

The most expensive was Au$2,000 and I insure the collection for Au$15K.

sheWhoMustBeObeyed has banned me from ever buying another guitar, but I have seen a Maton 12 string (handmade in Australia) that has my name on it...

I spend more on computers, but anything computer related is bought by my company, as my work is my also hobby (I design IT and OT systems).

maveric112

Mar 11, 2014
Pity I can't say my car, spent many years not buying stuff so I could save up for my first car. I guess that the second most expensive thing I have purchased was the £700 I spent building my custom gaming rig.

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
Most expensive thing that isn't considered a necessity....hhmmmmm? I'm tempted to say my PC. It was around $1800 3 - 4 years ago. However, I guess I'd have to say my motorcycle. That thing set me back $18,000. I recently paid it off and am now debt free. It's a good feeling. Now to save up for a house.......also, time to look for a different job as this one is getting on my nerves.

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
My vacation trip to Krakow last summer, though it wasn't a single purchase; the plane tickets were 200?. PC upgrades it is then! About 650? if I recall correctly, though my dad paid 400? for my old stuff so it didn't really cost me that much. I live a simple life, and I dislike spending money, though "good deals" make me happy, and thus my appreciation for online auction sites. In the rare case I happen to make any money I simply save it.

As a kid I managed to make one abysmal purchase: a 56? Super Soaker (a big one) that I barely used at all before it got frozen solid one winter and I accidentally broke it. You could probably count with your fingers the number of times I filled the water tank. Back then it was practically all of my money.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
The watch I bought for my mother for her 50th birthday, I am not going to give you the exact figure, but it took me three months to pay for it, but it was the watch she has always wanted, and she absolutely adores it. The look on her face when she went with me to pick it up was absolutely priceless, I thought she was going to collapse from shock in the middle of the jewelers, do I regret it? Not for one second. I only have one mum and I love her to bits. She is worth every penny.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Ok, if we take out the usual stuff like houses, cars etc and talking just stuff you like.

Replica Freddy Glove (metal and leather) £130
Replica Hellraiser puzzle boxes £100
Artistic Hellraiser scrolls of box design framed £330
Samurai sword £230
Kill Bill 1 uncut (no black and white scenes)£50

Some of these are from 2002 and are movie quality in construction. The kill Bill 1 was from Japan with a copy of the tshirt and sword. Im sure some would see that as a waste of money but I think if you want something, then the cost doesnt matter so much.

Adeptus Aspartem

Jul 25, 2011
2000 bucks for a diamond ring for my ex-fianceé. Well that was a whole of money down the drain, i tell you that.
Other than that probably my computer + screen for ~1.3k.