whats the most pointless holiday?

Ago Iterum

Dec 31, 2007
Agayek said:
Valentine's Day

I would say St. Patrick's Day too, but any day you're actively encouraged to go out and get drunk can't be bad.
Uh, that's not the idea of st. Patricks day. It's to celebrate the patron saint of Ireland (much like Englands st. Georges day, which is tomorrow) and getting drunk is just the way to celebrate it, it's not official tradition at all.

It's a pretty important holiday to the Irish, and it's big nearly everywhere.

imacharginmehlaz0r said:
qwanza.whats the point of it?
It's an African American holiday to celebrate their heritage and their ancestry.

Mozillo

Apr 22, 2009
St. George's Day... Because we don't get a day off school for it like the Irish... and most of America (apparently) do for St. Paddy's day.
England sucks! ^.^

crazywaffles

Apr 22, 2009
Christmas has become just another commercial holiday no better then Valentines day :(

But I find the most pointless groundhog day.

crazywaffles

Apr 22, 2009
link670 said:
World Rat Day. I am not making this up, http://www.worldratday.com/WhatIs.html
I have a fancy rat. Her name is Boo. But it'll be a cold day in hell before I celebrate a holiday for her.

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
National pumpkin pie day.

Why you ask?

Because last I heard It was on the same day as CHRISTMAS.

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
Man, people here don't like holidays. What's wrong with a themed day? Imagine if every day had a theme, even if it was something as lame as 'pat your cat day!' You're never obliged to worship the queen on her birthday (which I don't think is her actual birthday) but there's nothing wrong with a day off thanks for some international theme running around.

Glerken

Dec 18, 2008
Zombie_Fish said:
Well, there's an official 'Talk Like A Pirate Day' and also an official 'Weed Day', so take your pick.
Those are very important.
And 4:20 isn't an official holiday.
But Talk Like A Pirate Day spreads the joy that Pastafarian's hear every day.

Lucia di Lammermore

Feb 8, 2009
Tomorrow is "talk like Shakespeare day" Really, it's true! [http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/04/21/talk.like.shakespeare/index.html?eref=rss_topstories]

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
slevin8989 said:
Halloween is pretty useless but it's still a hell of a lot of fun when you're young and hell mostly every holiday is useless which holiday is actually helpful
What are you talking about? I hire two kids to play dead till there's no more kids trying to get candy.

EDIT: Oh, sometimes, it's a maniac.

It's hilarious to see those kiddies running away. (Joke).

In all seriousness, I turn down all the lights and I play some Silent Hill. It makes your Halloween worth something.

trollboy

Feb 26, 2009
Personally I don't think Earth day is that useless of a holiday. Sure 'tis just a day for people to run around and hug trees, but the earth 'tis kinda going to the shit right now, so 'tis not useless. I believe Valentines day is the most useless holiday, cause 'tis just a Hallmark holiday.

toapat

Mar 28, 2009
only ones that dont really suck are Halloween, christmas, and your country's independence day if you have one

sneakypenguin

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 31, 2008
Country
usa
dwightsteel said:
sneakypenguin said:
MLK, really I understand he as important and all that but honestly why does he get his own day(national holiday) when others who did just as much(if not more) get nadda.
Oh, this is gonna be fun. And who are you referring too that has done more but doesn't have their own holiday?
Lets see there are great founders of this nation that could deserve it, some scientist, some generals.(as far as sheer accomplishment)

As for civil rights leaders, why not a day for some of the people who started the inroads to progress in civil rights. Yes MLK was a leader, but just because he was killed and gave a (IMO generic) speech doesn't imho deserve a federal holiday.