What's the reason of the not to have been removed Adblock by the Google?

likeaboozy

Aug 13, 2017
As you know Adblock is blocking the ads which is the Google's important source of income. Adblock is in the Google's itself extensions market.

So why they don't just remove it?

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Because it's technically a useful tool for protecting computers from malware attack as long as it isn't abused. I don't use it on my home computer, but we've got it installed in the workplace for that reason.

Also, pretty sure it collects all kinds of useful information.

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
Your thread title is painful to read, but if I'm understanding your question correctly, you're asking why Google doesn't remove adblockers from the Google store. Correct?

Try to visualize a world in which they did so. Try to imagine the outrage there would be if Google manipulated the content of their extensions store for revenue-gathering purposes. It just wouldn't be worth the bad PR.

In addition, most of the popular adblockers in the store have a 'safe/trusted ads' mode - which Google encourages people to use - whereby ads are still displayed but the harmful and untrustworthy ones are blocked. I imagine Google sees that as a decent enough compromise.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Because if google did that then every single person who used adblock on chrome would immediately switch to firefox.

Google chrome is good, but not good enough to justify constantly seeing ads when using it when there are other services available.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Dirty Hipsters said:
Because if google did that then every single person who used adblock on chrome would immediately switch to firefox.

Google chrome is good, but not good enough to justify constantly seeing ads when using it when there are other services available.
I have to agree here. Chrome is a light-weight Ferrari. It performs swiftly...so long as it isn't bogged down. If they bog it down, people will jump ship for the muscle car.

likeaboozy

Aug 13, 2017
IceForce said:
Your thread title is painful to read, but if I'm understanding your question correctly, you're asking why Google doesn't remove adblockers from the Google store. Correct?

Try to visualize a world in which they did so. Try to imagine the outrage there would be if Google manipulated the content of their extensions store for revenue-gathering purposes. It just wouldn't be worth the bad PR.

In addition, most of the popular adblockers in the store have a 'safe/trusted ads' mode - which Google encourages people to use - whereby ads are still displayed but the harmful and untrustworthy ones are blocked. I imagine Google sees that as a decent enough compromise.
Thanks for the all answers. I'm new learning, but can you tell me the mistake in the title? And the correct way. I can't see it. With this way i can learn:)

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
likeaboozy said:
IceForce said:

Thanks for the all answers. I'm new learning, but can you tell me the mistake in the title? And the correct way. I can't see it. With this way i can learn:)
Prepositions, prepositions. And also adverbs. You use adverbs as descriptors when presenting actions, events. "I'm just learning". "New" is an adjective. Though it can be used as an adverb, you're doing it wrong. Use it to describe objects, not to add a timestamp to an action.

Bad:

Fixed:
Why hasn't Google removed Adblock from Google's app store?

To answer your question, we're big believers in the free market. Every Walmart sells guns and condoms. It does not matter if the market owners do not approve of an item's purpose. If it is not illegal then the market will provide. To remove it would be subversive, manipulative, which is frowned upon by users as well as law enthusiasts, I.E. lawyers and judges. Google could very well get sued for having restrictive marketplace standards. They could lawyer up but again this would cost money, more than they would lose in ad revenue by simply providing the app in the first place.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Remus said:
likeaboozy said:
IceForce said:

Prepositions, prepositions. And also adverbs. You use adverbs as descriptors when presenting actions, events. "I'm just learning". "New" is an adjective. Though it can be used as an adverb, you're doing it wrong. Use it to describe objects, not to add a timestamp to an action.

Bad:

Fixed:

To answer your question, we're big believers in the free market. Every Walmart sells guns and condoms. It does not matter if the market owners do not approve of an item's purpose. If it is not illegal then the market will provide. To remove it would be subversive, manipulative, which is frowned upon by users as well as law enthusiasts, I.E. lawyers and judges. Google could very well get sued for having restrictive marketplace standards. They could lawyer up but again this would cost money, more than they would lose in ad revenue by simply providing the app in the first place.
Wait, but doesn't walmart only sell censored music cds?

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
Worgen said:
Ya got me there. I'll never understand that one. I understand censoring the occasional F bomb but the CDs from Walmart go well beyond that. Basic radio is less censored and everyone listens to that.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Worgen said:
Remus said:
Every Walmart sells guns and condoms.
Eeyup...

Welcome to the United States of America, friend. It is a bizarre, nonsensical, morally and ethically confounding place filled with greed, obesity, consumerism, bigotry-fueled equality, and bullheaded patriots who frown upon patriotism.

Enjoy your stay.[footnote]If they even let you in.[/footnote]

likeaboozy

Aug 13, 2017
Worgen said:
Remus said:
likeaboozy said:
IceForce said:

Bad:

Fixed:

Worgen said:
Remus said:
likeaboozy said:
IceForce said:

Bad:

Fixed:

Remus said:
likeaboozy said:
IceForce said:

Bad:

Fixed:

Thanks for the answers. You're guys are awesome, thank you.

Lambert1

Nov 3, 2017
Remus said:
likeaboozy said:
IceForce said:

Title can be : why don't google just remove adblock?

If Google blocks the AdBlock Chrome Extension, the users of these extensions would probably stop using Google Chrome and go to Firefox. Pushing people away from the Chrome browser for an arguably small amount of revenue will cause their "use us for everything" product strategy to fail.

Fallow

NSFB
Oct 29, 2014
IceForce said:

Google has done this. They removed AdNauseam because it interfered with their revenue model.

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
Fallow said:
Google has done this. They removed AdNauseam because it interfered with their revenue model.
From their site: "AdNauseam quietly clicks on every blocked ad, registering a visit on ad networks' databases. As the collected data gathered shows an omnivorous click-stream, user tracking, targeting and surveillance become futile." No wonder why. This completely undermines CPC advertising.