What's the story of your avatar?

garjian

Mar 25, 2009
Back in college, I searched for "happy" on Google.jp images many, many years ago. I found this on page 3 or so... I liked it so I thought I'd hang on to it.
It's the only image I have that I have any kind of attachment to that I find acceptable to use as an avatar. Also, I like the juxtaposition of how happy it is compared to how I normally act... Though, that's less true these days... I'm a much less bitter person than I was a few years ago...

Mr.Squishy

Apr 14, 2009
was reading vgcats back when updates weren't scarce as hen's teeth, and really enjoyed the joke about how Red XIII's dad could've been fixed with a simple Soft Potion.
Also I guess I find joy/humor in the suffering of fictional characters, and...well.

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
Well I'm a huge Batman fan and Harley Quinn is my favourite villain so yeah there's that but I'm also studying to be a psychologist so Harley's kinda my inspiration to not take it too seriously and go bat shit insane.

mastermerrick

Bored. That is all.
Jul 7, 2010
I'm a huge fan of Abney Park, and I found this promo of Captain Robert. Honestly, how can a pipe-smoking steampunk airship pirate NOT be awesome?

Grach

Aug 31, 2012
My username in Steam has almost always been something along the lines of Satan, because it comes from the word "Shaitan" meaning "the opponent", which is quite fitting considering I played mostly TF2 on that era. The name eventually stuck.

I got the avatar from the interwebs. I know, I'm really boring.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
It's Shenron from Dragon Ball. I like Dragon Ball a lot, that's pretty much the story. I used to have this
[http://s410.photobucket.com/user/canadiansaiyan/media/aDB_GokuSuper2_zps21396a33.jpg.html]
Goku avatar, but felt I was not worthy to wear it.

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
Mine's a turian who shows off his cool moves on the dance floor during Thane's loyalty mission. I had a better version but I lost it during The Great Accidental Hard Drive Formatting of 2013; I was using another avatar at the time.

Just watch him dance his turian heart out!

[small]PS. If anyone knows how to lighten multiple layers at once in GIMP 2.0 or Adobe ImageReady 3.0 please let me know.[/small]

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
I reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaally like Mako from Kill la Kill

Such a bubbly girl. She's never one to get overly-serious and she always manages to make the best out of any situation, even if it means getting the shit kicked out of her.

Plus, she's just one hell of a friend.

(The Santa hat is to fit the obligatory seasonal requirements, of course)

[REDACTED]

Apr 30, 2012
Well, my avatar used to be a boar, well-known as the sexiest creature in the animal kingdom. Its backstory can be found in this thread. My current avatar is Asuka Langley Soryu, from Neon Genesis Evangelion. I made the change because I noticed that I subconsciously took a greater liking to posters who have expressive, stylized faces as their avatars.

And because Evangelion is awesome. And deep. And meaningful.

Edit:
Hazy992 said:
DBZ is my favourite anime and Vegeta is by far my favourite character. Simple as that really.
I remember the days when all your avatars were gifs... what happened?

Drakmorg

Local Cat
Aug 15, 2008
ChristmAsagi is very important. ChristmAsagi must be seen by all.

Mmm but yeah, it's just Asagi Asagiri, Nippon Ichi Software's mascot character, wearing a santa hat. Nothing fancy.

Lugbzurg

Mar 4, 2012
scorptatious said:
Well I just played Wind Waker for the first time via the HD re-release, and I ended up loving it.

So I have Makar, a character from the game, as my avatar for now. And since it's Christmas time, I gave him a Santa hat. :3
http://images.wikia.com/zelda/images/archive/d/d5/20081011004538!Medli.png

Anyway, that wolf dude in my avatar? His name is "Koro". He's a character I created when I was 13. And man, has he ever changed a lot... For years, I have been striving for a career in videogame design. And I plan to go indie. Koro is the protagonist of one of my own intellectual properties, who's neck and neck in my favorites with General Generic, who lives in a world that is a complete and total parody on Call of Duty and ranked up really, really fast into a general because he's so good at killing people. Koro finds himself caught right in the middle of a planet-wide conflict. as if it wasn't crazy enough that anthropomorphic animals, fairies, nekos, vampires, cryptids, lamias, harpies, familiars, centaurs, mermaids, half-bloods, and other such creatures long thought to be myth suddenly showed themselves in a world long reigned with human dominance, an evil scientist just stirred everything up to an even more insane degree when he sent his own legion of monsters out towards his own dreams of global conquest.
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/359/8/d/koro_g_by_seeraphine-d5p73hs.png
http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k465/Lugbzurg/GGChar1_zpsb3aa4c6e.png

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Lugbzurg said:
scorptatious said:
Well I just played Wind Waker for the first time via the HD re-release, and I ended up loving it.

So I have Makar, a character from the game, as my avatar for now. And since it's Christmas time, I gave him a Santa hat. :3
http://images.wikia.com/zelda/images/archive/d/d5/20081011004538!Medli.png
I know. I changed my avatar just this morning.

I'll go edit my post though so I don't look like an idiot in front of other people. Thanks!

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Well mine is pretty easy but with a twist.
He is Tomoya Okazaki, from the anime Clannad and Clannad: After Story.

If you look closely on his hand, there is electricity on it.
This is because that my Tomoya is from our own Avatar Adventure RP, where he became the Archangel of Lightning and could control all lightning and electricity.

The gif is made by Caramel Frappe, our Avatar Smith.
So yeah that is it, pretty basic but I chose him because he is my favorite male protagonist of all time. ^_^

scorptatious said:
Whenever I see Medli a certain pair of idiots called Arin and Danny from the channel of Game Grumps come in and ...

No what are you doing!?

QUACK!

They made me laugh at Medli too much, they have done so much bad to her. T_T

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
StormShaun said:
scorptatious said:
Whenever I see Medli a certain pair of idiots called Arin and Danny from the channel of Game Grumps come in and ...

No what are you doing!?

QUACK!

They made me laugh at Medli too much, they have done so much bad to her. T_T
Heh, I saw that too.

"I think once I start manhandling her she just... chills out."

Oh Arin, that could be taken in so many wrong directions.

Also, for some reason, I found it funny when they were carrying Medli and then a floormaster just snatched her out of Link's hands.

INF1NIT3 D00M

Aug 14, 2008
Several years ago, on my last PC, I signed up for Gametap. I couldn't run most of the games on there, but I was able to get Metal Slug to work. I've always loved the Metal Slug series, it never failed to get all my quarters in any given arcade.
Once I'd finished playing through the Metal Slug games available through Gametap, I realized I could dig into the game files to check out some of the sprites. I found this one, it's one of the zombies from the pyramid levels. They were always my favorite enemies to fight because you could basically just mow them down en masse; and if they did hit you, you got turned into a mummy until you got an antidote. It was a nice change of pace.

So yeah. I had it saved in my main pictures folder for a while, until I signed up for The Escapist. I realized we could do .GIFs, so I grabbed this one and it's been my avatar ever since.

The story's not that great, but the stuff to the left of my posts has remained mostly unchanged for years. Username's the same, picture's the same, even my badges are mostly old ones. Hell, my post count hasn't gone up very much; I only speak up every now and then. For the most part, I'm content to lurk and occasionally write out my thoughts and then delete them without posting.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
It is GDI unit from C&C:Tiberian Sun/Firestorm
Wolverine Light Mechanized Walker Mk.I came to life when reality clashed with X-O Powersuit prototype
At the time mass producing mech suit that would carry minigun, rocket launcher and laser was too costly
So suit was redesigned to wield 2 Vulcan miniguns and serve in anti-infantry role
Jetpack was sacrificed in favor of thicker armor
Was discontinued soon after Firestorm crisis
Wolverine Light Mechanized Walker Mk.II was heavily modified version of Mk.I and used by Steel Talon division during Second Nod Reunification war