What's the weirdest thing you've ever heard someone say IRL?

Death Carr

Less Than 3D
Mar 30, 2011
"Whats that?" *Points at pi symbol on whiteboard*

This was a 17 year old girl taking a mid-high level maths course.

Keoul

Apr 4, 2010
"Vegetation? That's like vegetables right?"

Made me facepalm =.=
Even more so since we were talking about the beach

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
I was in a class discussing age extending technology, and this woman who was probably in her late 20's or early 30's was like..."yea people living to 200 or 300 would be a problem, imagine women having children throughout their long lives, people would be having kids when they are like a hundred something and imagine the overpopulation because families would have like 30 kids."
I was like...wait what? You do know how human eggs work right? You only have a limited number of them....
Her: No, females make brand new ones each month.
Me: I'm guessing you've never heard of menopause.

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
"Ducks are like mushrooms. If you shoot a goat, I'm scared of toasters."

Granted, this was my flatmate reading the text from a picture from Reddit...but my first reaction was "....fuckin'...YES! TOTALLY! LOLWUT!?"

Supertegwyn

Oct 7, 2010
I have a few:

Person 1: The Treaty of Versailles was said by many to have caused WW2 twenty years later
Person 2: Why didn't they shoot the people who said that?
Person 3: Why?
Person 4: To stop WW2!

Person 1: If Australia went to war right now, and suffered the losses they incurred at Gallipoli, there would be riots in the streets.
Person 2: But if Australia declared war the entire army would be bombed before they could even reach the coast!

Person 1: We are going to be conducting parliamentary debates. You are advised to not personally insult the other people.
Person 2: Tony Abbott seems to forget that rule
Person 3: Tony Abbott will be debating with us! Wow!

"China and America are going to go to war and we are all going to be bombed (I live in Australia)"

I have a few others but I can't quite remember them.

(These were all from the same guy BTW.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
"Is Winston Churchill the dog?"
"Abraham Lincoln got struck by lightning, right?"
"Yeah, I know who Hitler is. The guy who killed a bunch of people. I think."

All said by the same person. She's nice enough but... well, damn near retarded.

Blondefool

Feb 24, 2012
A friend told me about something he had seen on facebook.

Basically, a girl asked 'If I add music to my iPod, would it get heavier?'

She was not a child. My face had the print of my hand on it for weeks

Supertegwyn

Oct 7, 2010
hazabaza1 said:

Well that last one is true, although a very simple version of the truth.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Supertegwyn said:
hazabaza1 said:

Well that last one is true, although a very simple version of the truth.
It's the "I think" that gets me.

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
During maths class, last year of high-school.

"But how do you know that's a 90 degree angle?" (talking about a square...)

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
So many stupid customers from working as a cashier.

Customer hands me unsigned credit card.
Me: Sorry but I can't accept this.
Customer: Yes you can!
Me: No I'm not allowed to. It is against the rules. I could get into trouble if I accepted that.
Customer: You will accept my unsigned credit card or I will scream!
Me thinking to myself: LOLOLOLOL!

The best part of this situation came after the manager had finally convinced the customer to use a different payment method. The manager leaves and there is only one other customer left in line because the others had gone to different lines from waiting so long.
The customer with the unsigned credit card leaves but forgets the bag with all of her steak in it. I go to pick it up and run after her but then the next customer in line (who stood there and watched this whole ordeal) said: "I won't tell if you don't."
I did not tell.

Another idiot customer.

I set a big bag of potatoes on the till and then but the back of bananas on top of it.
Customer: Hey what are you doing? Don't but the bananas on the potatoes!
Me: Why....?
Customer: They'll get squished!
Me: I don't think the bananas way enough to squish potatoes....
Customer: No! The bananas will get squished not the potatoes!
Me: But gravity...

Shuguard

Apr 19, 2012
"So what really happened in World War eleven?" (someone thinking roman numerals were regular numbers).
^oh to make it worse it wasn't even a kid, it was an adult with a college degree.

Rastien

Pro Misinformationalist
Jun 22, 2011
"You wouldn't know which way to fuck a door knob."

WTF is there a correct way when fucking a door knob?

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
"I don't ever want to die and find out that theres a man holding small little dolls which are controlled by Green Crystals."

Meself any time I get into a philosophical discussion between games, death and God.

"LOL!" Everyplace on the internet ever. Same with ANY type of text-speech made by a keyboard.

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
"What if your earwax came out of your ear in the shape of your favourite transport?"

I can't even begin to comprehend the train of thought that led to that utterly insane sentence. I mean, I've said some dumb things in my life, but really?

That would have been at least 16 years ago now. My parents still won't let me live it down.

A Random Reader

Nov 18, 2009
"If you don't believe in god because you can't see him, why do you believe in gravity, 'cos you can't see it."
'Drops pen onto table.'
"I can't see gravity."

Ytomyth

Nov 13, 2011
"We have it so well here in Europe, we should show the rest of the world how it's done."

Basically he was talking about Asia and how fucked up he thinks everything is, so we should go there (probably America-style) and "show them" or force them...

My opinion about him plummeted that very eve to...well, close to nothing. Arrogant prick.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
For me personally: My girlfriend, her mom and I are at a Chinese restaurant and ready to order. In the booth behind me are three teenage girls who are placing their orders. We hear this:

"Which one is the white rice, is it steamed or fried?"

Back at my table, triple face-palm.

---

For my GF: She's in class one afternoon (Culinary program at UGA, second quarter of first year) one of her peers asks her this:

"Can you use cake mix to make cupcakes?"

---

Minor annoyances:

*My Dad insists on saying 'guesstimate'.
*The phrase "Same-Difference": The same-difference of an orange not being a tangerine is that neither is a potato
*The phrase "could care less" when speaking of something one doesn't care for. If one could care less about something it means that they do in fact care since, as they say, they could care less when what they mean is that they couldn't.
*I don't understand how "spare the rod and spoil the child" is a phrase used in support of spanking when it really doesn't sound like it, to me at least.

Chairman Miaow

CBA to change avatar
Nov 18, 2009
DANEgerous said:
"your religion is determined by you genetics! It is proven by science!" What? FUCKIN WHAT?
"If the AC i broken it still works and makes the air colder!" Professor! AC! Broke!
"This Vodka is 40% is that the bottle or a shot?" Yes?
Professor! Lava! Hot!

OT: Somebody I knew thought that the battle of the Somme was fought in the cold war. That seems pretty damn stupid on several levels to me.