What's the Worst Fake British Accent You've Heard in a Film or TV Show?

Circus Ascendant

Jul 9, 2008
What the Hell's with all the sarcasm in this thread? Simon Cowell, Nick Frost, Simon Pegg, Hugh Laurie?

It's not even funny, it just makes you look stupid...

Edit: Just for anybody who doesn't know, all those actors (well, Cowell's not an actor but still) are British.

quiet_samurai

Apr 24, 2009
I love the british accent, I know a British girl and sometimes she will say a phrase or something and I'll have no clue what she is saying. i'll undestand the words, but I won;t ahve any idea whatthey mean.

RebelRising

Jan 5, 2008
The ones in the Fable games come to mind. It was so overdone, and it resulted in them speaking slower than usual, when British typically speak faster (compared to American accents). Painful.

Lord George

Aug 25, 2008
RebelRising said:
The ones in the Fable games come to mind. It was so overdone, and it resulted in them speaking slower than usual, when British typically speak faster (compared to American accents). Painful.
Many people actually talk like that. It's all the northeners accents mostly all speak slowly and unintelligibly:)

RebelRising

Jan 5, 2008
George144 said:
RebelRising said:
Many people actually talk like that. It's all the northeners accents mostly all speak slowly and unintelligibly:)
Well, I learned something today; it's just that this British author my family's friends with enunciates very sharply and leaves little to no pauses between words in his speech. Im' guessing he's a southerner? Anyways, that's makes up for most of the British voices I've heard.

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
JimmyBassatti said:
Also, Nick Frost and Simon Pegg. Such fake accents.
They are British. I met them at a carnival, they talk exactly like I do...

messy

Dec 3, 2008
Marq said:
Hugh Laurie in the Blackadder shows. Such a fake accent.
I assume you mean in Blackadder the third and goes fourth where the accent is over done because he always plays the "upper class twat in those".

OT; I always use the word bloody, the thing is in America all the real British accents are given the role of the bad guy usually.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
messy said:
the thing is in America all the real British accents are given the role of the bad guy usually.
Mhm, I got into a flamewar about this on another forum (shame on me!) but we eventually came to the supposed conclusion that Americans enjoy Brits as the badguys as our accents sound more 'intelligent' than American ones, hence an intelligent badguy seems more sinister than an average Joe American baddie.

That's what some Americans told me. I'm in no way implying either country is more clever than the other.

D4zZ said:
JimmyBassatti said:
This is why I was wondering if he was being sarcastic when he mentioned these names.

djpuppylove789

Jan 22, 2009
JimmyBassatti said:
Woody Harrelson in To Kill A Mocking Bird.
Also, Simon Cow. And, Simon Cowell [Two different people, trust me. Simon Cow is a Cow, Simon Cowell is a whiny girl]
obvious Troll. Woody Harrelson wasnt even in To Kill a Mocking Bird. In fact, Woody was 1 when that movie came out... and also, Nick Frost and Simon Pegg are British.

This question only has 1 answer: Keanu Reeves in Bram Stoker's Dracula. Seriously, his accent fades mid dialogue. Its the most inconsistent ive ever seen, not to mention terrible to begin with.

Sulu

Jul 7, 2009
I find the Simpsons version of Britain to be cringeworthy and annoying.

On a note to Americans, if you've seen a film with Jason Statham in (transporter etc) do you agree that he has a rubbish american accent?

messy

Dec 3, 2008
Terramax said:
messy said:
the thing is in America all the real British accents are given the role of the bad guy usually.
Mhm, I got into a flamewar about this on another forum (shame on me!) but we eventually came to the supposed conclusion that Americans enjoy Brits as the badguys as our accents sound more 'intelligent' than American ones, hence an intelligent badguy seems more sinister than an average Joe American baddie.

That's what some Americans told me. I'm in no way implying either country is more clever than the other.
Also it conjures up images of wealth I find. And it's hard to hate someone who's poor and often villains have a legitimate business empire which allows them to but all the diamond powered death lasers they wish

Sulu

Jul 7, 2009
JimmyBassatti said:
D4zZ said:
JimmyBassatti said:
They are obviously faking it. Stop sticking up for them, everyone. THEY ARE FUCKING AMERICANS!
This is scary! I don't know whether you are trolling, confused or trying to double trick us into believeing you...

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
JimmyBassatti said:
D4zZ said:
JimmyBassatti said:
They are obviously faking it. Stop sticking up for them, everyone. THEY ARE FUCKING AMERICANS!
Ohhhh I see... It's Jealousy. :)