What's the Worst Fake British Accent You've Heard in a Film or TV Show?

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Alicia Silverstone's in Batman and Robin (yes, I suffered through it). She didn't even ATTEMPT a british accent.

Aardvark

Sep 9, 2008
The worst fake accents are Australian and South African. They're so terribly bad that they go right through god-awful and come out the other side as hilarious.

Besides, there are so many variations of a natural british accent that even a piss-poor attempt at one is going to nail at least one person's accent.

SnakeF

Apr 25, 2009
dragonflygirl said:
I Hate the fact that american films and TV always portray the English as either upperclass or cockney.
But it would be bloody funny if an american came to the UK for the first time and the first person he spoke to had a Liverpool or newcastle accent.
Or imagine an American Star atempting a liverpool or newcastle accent how funny and bad would it be.
It's probably be easier for them to do a liverpool accent than a geordie (local term for newcastle) accent because there are more famous people from liverpool than there are from newcastle, so americans are more likely to have heard a liverpool accent. I'd love to see how they handle a yorkshire accent though.

Sulu

Jul 7, 2009
[quote="SnakeF" post="18.133071.2986925
It's probably be easier for them to do a liverpool accent than a geordie (local term for newcastle) accent because there are more famous people from liverpool than there are from newcastle, so americans are more likely to have heard a liverpool accent. I'd love to see how they handle a yorkshire accent though.[/quote]

Aren't these Scousers the only famous Liverpool-ians?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIhFwLjsQug

I think it would be slightly easier for them to do a Yorkshire or Bristolian accent because of the strong Rs in both of them

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
This doesn't have anything to do with this thread but it reminded me of it...
The original British pronunciation of Lieutenant is leftenant, that's how it was originally said (but not spelled) and how we Brits still say it (unless they've been americanised too much), but anyway in COD4 the Brits say it correctly but the subtitles actually put "Leftenant" in italics as if they're pointing out the strange pronunciation and it just reeeally pissed me off

vamp rocks

Aug 27, 2008
hahah, whenever i see friends impersinating a brittish accent they always pronounce fucking like fu-in and its sooooo fucking annoying..

A Pious Cultist

Jul 4, 2009
Terramax said:
I'm not sure I've ever heard someone in the UK ever use before such as blimey, blighty, bloody, etc (why all the B words I do not know).
All us bloody Northerners use "bloody" atleast.

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
George144 said:
RebelRising said:
The ones in the Fable games come to mind. It was so overdone, and it resulted in them speaking slower than usual, when British typically speak faster (compared to American accents). Painful.
Many people actually talk like that. It's all the northeners accents mostly all speak slowly and unintelligibly:)
I take offense to that. I'm a northerner and I don't speak slowly or without intelligence. Same goes for most people I know

WolfmanNougat

May 14, 2009
Family Guy, because their British accents and stereotypes are so bad that it makes me feel glad that we don't actually live up to such stereotypes, yet it's still preferable to the modern Brit stereotype.

But for the actual WORST British accent, it'll have to go to Ghost in the Shell SAC; their British accents are so bad that they're entirely nonexistent! The Brits all speak with straight-faced American accents. I guess the actors didn't want to risk embarrassing themselves or incurring Britfag wrath. Pussies.

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
JimmyBassatti said:
Sulu said:
JimmyBassatti said:
D4zZ said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Also, Nick Frost and Simon Pegg. Such fake accents.
They are British. I met them at a carnival, they talk exactly like I do...
They are obviously faking it. Stop sticking up for them, everyone. THEY ARE FUCKING AMERICANS!
This is scary! I don't know whether you are trolling, confused or trying to double trick us into believeing you...
NO! IT IS ALL A LIE! LIKE THE CAKE! DO NOT LISTEN TO THE MEDIA! THEY ARE COVERING UP THE INEVITABLE! WOODY HARRELSON IS REALLY HITLER AND STALIN'S LOVE CHILD!
OH MAH GAH YOU KNOW THAT TOO!? YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO KEEP IT SEKRIT!

martin's a madman

Aug 20, 2008
Disaster Button said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Sulu said:
JimmyBassatti said:
D4zZ said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Also, Nick Frost and Simon Pegg. Such fake accents.
They are British. I met them at a carnival, they talk exactly like I do...
They are obviously faking it. Stop sticking up for them, everyone. THEY ARE FUCKING AMERICANS!
This is scary! I don't know whether you are trolling, confused or trying to double trick us into believeing you...
NO! IT IS ALL A LIE! LIKE THE CAKE! DO NOT LISTEN TO THE MEDIA! THEY ARE COVERING UP THE INEVITABLE! WOODY HARRELSON IS REALLY HITLER AND STALIN'S LOVE CHILD!
OH MAH GAH YOU KNOW THAT TOO!? YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO KEEP IT SEKRIT!

The cake was real I have seen it!
Looked pretty good actually.

Lord George

Aug 25, 2008
Disaster Button said:
George144 said:
RebelRising said:
The ones in the Fable games come to mind. It was so overdone, and it resulted in them speaking slower than usual, when British typically speak faster (compared to American accents). Painful.
Many people actually talk like that. It's all the northeners accents mostly all speak slowly and unintelligibly:)
I take offense to that. I'm a northerner and I don't speak slowly or without intelligence. Same goes for most people I know
I wasn't being entirely serious hence the :) at the end, though I guess this proves Northernes have no sense of humour either .).

Chrissyluky

Jul 3, 2009
wait...you were watching murder she wrote? o_O also i found the british accent in forgetting sarah marshell when he impersonates the rockstar funny.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
WolfmanNougat said:
Family Guy, because their British accents and stereotypes are so bad that it makes me feel glad that we don't actually live up to such stereotypes, yet it's still preferable to the modern Brit stereotype.

But for the actual WORST British accent, it'll have to go to Ghost in the Shell SAC; their British accents are so bad that they're entirely nonexistent! The Brits all speak with straight-faced American accents. I guess the actors didn't want to risk embarrassing themselves or incurring Britfag wrath. Pussies.
What about the episode where the sniper talks about how he met the Major during WW3? That had a full-on stereotypical cockney.

But it is interesting that I don't think I heard any British accents in the episode where they're in London.

And, yes, I was actually pissed off with the Family Guy episode where the Brits take over their local bar/ pub. They quite literally said we were ugly, snobbish, stupid sounding backstabbers. They didn't seem to do it in the ironic way that South Park does it.