What's this a case of? Lack of Female Repercussion or just Run of the Mill Prejudice: The Soho Phone Incident

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
The "pussy pass" is a fairly mainstream topic among us MRAs. Interesting that there is a race, rather than sex analysis of this matter. The young ladyin question isn't white. https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pussypass
As if there weren't enough reasons already to acknowledge that MRAs are just closeted sexists...

I honestly struggle to understand how you can look at the phrase "pussy pass" (let alone how it's used) and delude yourself into believing that it's some sort of genuine "analysis."

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
As if there weren't enough reasons already to acknowledge that MRAs are just closeted sexists...

I honestly struggle to understand how you can look at the phrase "pussy pass" (let alone how it's used) and delude yourself into believing that it's some sort of genuine "analysis."
To be fair to the idea of a female pass, in America woman are far less likely to be charged, found guilty and receive lesser sentences. Two people committing the same crime if one of them is a woman she's straight up less likely to be punished than a male counterpart.
And in divorces with kids the woman is more likely to receive full custody because mothers are seen as the more important parent. And in the US during witness testimony, studies show jurors and judges are more trusting of female testimony than male testimony.

There is no "pussy pass" but there is a societal acceptance that women are a softer gender that needs to be treated softer and kinder.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thaluikhain

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
To be fair to the idea of a female pass, in America woman are far less likely to be charged, found guilty and receive lesser sentences. Two people committing the same crime if one of them is a woman she's straight up less likely to be punished than a male counterpart.
And in the US during witness testimony, studios show jurors and judges are more trusting of female testimony than male testimony.

There is no "pussy pass" but there is a societal acceptance that women are a softer gender that needs to be treated softer and kinder.
You'd be hard pressed to find anyone who disagrees with the idea that there are some areas in western society where women have a comparative advantage over men (beyond a few off-the-deep-end feminists). Those areas, however, historically pale to the areas that men have a comparative advantage. Also, those areas that are woman-favored are generally like that because men-led institutions and authorities made them that way; it's not like women made up a significant portion of the judges, lawyers, and politicians who were deciding divorce law and its common-law precedents, after all.

And in divorces with kids the woman is more likely to receive full custody because mothers are seen as the more important parent.
While this is technically true, it's not really meaningful. Women are more likely to receive custody in the US because they seek it more often. In cases where both a mother and a father seek custody, the results are pretty close to even for both sides.

Last edited:

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA

What's wrong with being a sexist? I honestly do believe there are differences between men and women beyond, as I was told repeatedly growing up, "just plumbing". At least in most competitive environments in which there is obvious sexual dimorphism.
I included a link to the urban dictionary just to show that the concept of a "pussy pass" is not a new concept. Do you honestly think there is no analysis out there, such as studies finding women getting 60% less jail time for the same crime as men? Heck, I think in the UK there was/is a movement stating jail should not be a form of corrections for women. I'll look that up some and edit this post or otherwise follow up ASAP. EDIT: Example: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic...dont-send-women-prison-unless-commit-violent/ ... still reviewing... some more... not hard to find https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...s-prison-report-london-assembly-a8461711.html I'm now trying to find examples of people wanting to end prison for men. Instead I came up with this... https://www.law.umich.edu/newsandinfo/features/Pages/starr_gender_disparities.aspx "This gender gap is about six times as large as the racial disparity that Prof. Starr found in another recent paper. "
Women are more likely to receive custody in the US because they seek it more often. In cases where both a mother and a father seek custody, the results are pretty close to even for both sides.
Men are told not to bother seeking custody due to the outrageous bigotry men face in our family courts. It's so bad it often leads to suicide.
Fun review of a movie in which the critic speaks to his own experience as a kid in the family court:

Last edited:

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
While this is technically true, it's not really meaningful. Women are more likely to receive custody in the US because they seek it more often. In cases where both a mother and a father seek custody, the results are pretty close to even for both sides.
The last thing most of these assholes should be doing is raising children anyway, so it all works out.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Men are told not to bother seeking custody due to the outrageous bigotry men face in our family courts. It's so bad it often leads to suicide.
But if the statistics show winning custody is about 50:50 in court judgements, why do so many men believe, or are advised, that they have no chance? It seems interesting that only ~5% of custody cases actually get before a judge. Court judgements therefore simply cannot explain why so few men have custody rights.

Why do 50% of men simply decline custody without even trying to negotiate or arbitrate? The sort of conclusion is... they don't want it: they prefer for mom to do it. Another chunk then maybe concede softly in mediation. Was it just a bargaining chip, or did they eventually decide on balance they didn't want it after all, or did they get shitty advice that they'd lose?

The other thing to consider is that, on average, mothers spend about twice as much time with their children as fathers prior to divorce. One might argue that a judge assessing the "best" parent may take into account time spent raising children. Thus fathers maybe need to put some more time in in the first place.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
But if the statistics show winning custody is about 50:50 in court judgements, why do so many men believe, or are advised, that they have no chance? It seems interesting that only ~5% of custody cases actually get before a judge. Court judgements therefore simply cannot explain why so few men have custody rights.

Why do 50% of men simply decline custody without even trying to negotiate or arbitrate? The sort of conclusion is... they don't want it: they prefer for mom to do it. Another chunk then maybe concede softly in mediation. Was it just a bargaining chip, or did they eventually decide on balance they didn't want it after all, or did they get shitty advice that they'd lose?

The other thing to consider is that, on average, mothers spend about twice as much time with their children as fathers prior to divorce. One might argue that a judge assessing the "best" parent may take into account time spent raising children. Thus fathers maybe need to put some more time in in the first place.
This would be incorrect. When men do fight for custody, they win 1/2 the time: those are the time things are so bad, even their lawyers would say, "OK, lets contest this." I do read that the "tender years" doctrine is no more and some jurisdictions are increasingly finding for a joint custody. Difficult finding what proportion of dad's are paying support anyway. I'll do some more digging.

And those fathers not spending time with the kids? They're likely out earning money for the family. For instance, in the US, 3.5 million almost entirely men, drive trucks that take them from home. They eat and sleep in these trucks. And they can return home to find their wife has filed for divorce (70-85% of divorces are filed by wives). He could go to court and say that he is the bread winner. He can best provide for the children. The arbiter will say that's no problem: just keep working and send your money to the mother. " According to U.S. census data, men spend an average of 41.0 hours per week at their jobs, while women work an average of 36.3 hours per week. " Men make up some 95% of work place deaths. They do the hard, out door, dangerous, heavy lifting jobs at far higher a proportion than do women. How many get home exhausted, with much less time and energy to spend with the kids? I could go on. The divorce process as it is? It is referred to by MRAs as "divorce rape." I think we should be attentative to how we can make change for the better. A fairer system.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
This would be incorrect. When men do fight for custody, they win 1/2 the time: those are the time things are so bad, even their lawyers would say, "OK, lets contest this." I do read that the "tender years" doctrine is no more and some jurisdictions are increasingly finding for a joint custody. Difficult finding what proportion of dad's are paying support anyway. I'll do some more digging.

And those fathers not spending time with the kids? They're likely out earning money for the family. For instance, in the US, 3.5 million almost entirely men, drive trucks that take them from home. They eat and sleep in these trucks. And they can return home to find their wife has filed for divorce (70-85% of divorces are filed by wives). He could go to court and say that he is the bread winner. He can best provide for the children. The arbiter will say that's no problem: just keep working and send your money to the mother. " According to U.S. census data, men spend an average of 41.0 hours per week at their jobs, while women work an average of 36.3 hours per week. " Men make up some 95% of work place deaths. They do the hard, out door, dangerous, heavy lifting jobs at far higher a proportion than do women. How many get home exhausted, with much less time and energy to spend with the kids? I could go on. The divorce process as it is? It is referred to by MRAs as "divorce rape." I think we should be attentative to how we can make change for the better. A fairer system.
If a person's job is driving a truck half-way across the country most of the time is that the best person to have sole custody of a child? I would say no.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
If a person's job is driving a truck half-way across the country most of the time is that the best person to have sole custody of a child? I would say no.
It depends. Supposed he's a solid person. Suppose, divorced, he will remarry a good woman. Or at least make arrangements for the care of his kids when gone. And what if the woman divorcing him has deep psychological problems. She's chronically unemployed. Maybe even a substance abuser.
Today, there is a heavy bias in favor of the woman just as you sort of stated above. This guy is killing himself for his family but you appear to be suggesting he is just an exploitable, disposable utility. That is a huge problem the MRAs are trying to point out.

EDIT: gotta apologize for taking this topic soooo far off. We were reviewing why this woman in this instance appears to be in less trouble than she should be.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
Those areas, however, historically pale to the areas that men have a comparative advantage.
Yes, minor unimportant areas like criminal justice, family courts and education. What we need to do instead is focus on the top tiny fraction of a percent of the highest status men, complain that there aren't enough women at their level and use those few men as a proxy for men as a class.

This is just a rephrasing. The whole notion of the "pussy pass" is that women are not held as responsible for their actions and are not subject to the same kinds of consequences. Every now and then it fails, but those usually end up being something like Jodi Arias where it was an extraordinarily brutal murder that she clearly premeditated and then lied to police repeatedly regarding. A woman merely stabbing her boyfriend in the heart is only worth a suspended sentence if prison might upset her career trajectory, however.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
But if the statistics show winning custody is about 50:50 in court judgements, why do so many men believe, or are advised, that they have no chance?
Those cases aren't randomly selected - you point it out yourself few men try. Why do you think that is? Let me give you a hint: odds of winning for most men are very low, and courts are expensive especially for someone staring down child support and alimony. Which means that the cases that men take to court are self-selected as being the cases where the man in question has the very best chance of winning (or is willing to ignore his lawyer) and can afford to try. And it takes that to get to 50:50.

Child support is even worse - I can point to at least one case where a woman was funding her entire lifestyle off of child support, and her ex was ordered to continue paying her child support in the full amount after she lost custody of the kid to him, just in case she might potentially regain custody later. Let me point that out again - he had custody of the kid and was paying her child support for that kid because she might theoretically regain custody in the future and she hadn't bothered to work again after having the kid because the guy was successful enough that the child support payment could fund her entire lifestyle.

While we're at it, if a woman conceives by sexually assaulting a man (or boy), that man (or boy) still owes child support - the only case where a victim is expected to pay their attacker for the privilege of being attacked. Or if he didn't engage in a sex act that would normally result in pregnancy and she engaged in some act to impregnate herself with his sperm. Or if he isn't actually the father, but didn't find that out soon enough.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Ah, another reason not to take them seriously: their grotesque, abusive rhetoric. Y'know, Gorf, you're doing a more comprehensive job turning people off MRAs than anyone arguing against them.
Not a very compassionate thing to write.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Genuine compassion and concern for these issues has nothing whatsoever to do with using abusive terminology.
The term, "divorce rape" is meant to draw attention to a devastating problem. At least attention from people that don't find men committing suicide from despair hilarious.