What's your avatar about

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Mine is supposed to be a .gif of Yahtzee clapping his hands and going "WONK!" It came from the end of one of his Zero Punctuation videos.

Mikkaddo

Black Rose Knight
Jan 19, 2008
Torkuda said:
I'm sure folks shoot this out there all the time, but screw it I'm curious. What do all ya'lls avatars mean anyway?

Mine? I'll explain it soon as the system tells me why it's not uploading it.
mine is fairly simple, as you can see . . . it's a kitten that's been exposed to the untold eldridtch madness of Cthullhu.

Cthulhu Fhtagn [http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/files/2006/cthulhu_kitty.jpg].

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Darth_Payn said:
Mine is supposed to be a .gif of Yahtzee clapping his hands and going "WONK!" It came from the end of one of his Zero Punctuation videos.
How big is your file? My guess is it's the same issue that mitchel271 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.833675-Whats-your-avatar-about?page=3#20388174] had and the file itself is too big (85x85 is the limit for non PubClub; 115x115 if you're in the PubClub) and the system is auto-correcting the size, causing the animation to go away.

If that made no sense to you (or if it did but you don't have the ability to change it) and you want it to animate, kick me the file in photobucket or something and I can get it working :)

OT: I've had this avatar (with a few modifications during March Madness or Christmas time) since I joined. It was one of the first images I created when I started my graphic design stuff. It's me in cartoon form.

VulcanKissing

Oct 21, 2013
My avatar is Garnet from Steven Universe. (I'm probably going to change my avatar from time to time, but the avatar will have something to do with Steven Universe)

PoolCleaningRobot

Mar 18, 2012
UltraDeth said:
I found mine in the "Reaction Faces" gallery on "Know Your Meme".
What a coincidence. I found mine in the Yaranaika gallery on know your meme. Specifically, I cropped it from this:

I chose it for a combination of reasons. I wanted a more "expressive" avatar to replace my faceless Squal one and the Last of Us was the best game I've played in a long time and Joel is easily one of the best characters I've seen in a long time. Plus I use a Yaranaika face on kym account and I feel it gives my posts a much more "pleasant" vibe

Rip Van Rabbit

~ UNLIMITED RULEBOOK ~
Apr 17, 2012
My avatar is from nothing special, just something completely awesome!

It's a cute little representation of Ryuko Matoi from Kill La Kill! (Found in the background of Episode 2) :D

[HEADING=2]Kill La Kill - "Guaranteed testicle growth by 300%*" - Beethoven[/HEADING]

[small]*batteries not included[/small]

WHAT'S THAT? YOU NEED A DEMONSTRATION ON HOW TO GET DRESSED PROPERLY!? LET ME HELP YOU!

:D

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
My avatar, as of now, is an apple beam shooter laser capow who will avenge the Earth from a liberation of psyhchosis-personifying schoolgirls.

RINGO, MOGIRE, BEAM!

To be more specific, it's an apple head that emerges from the corpses of the main characters after they crash into the Sahara desert due to casting a ritual to get their teacher to fall in love with them thus causing Tokyo's gravity to disapear, sending kids, tables, and dogs with sticks up their butt flying into the sky, while 50 foot immigrant zombies attack Africa from all borders and from within, while the apple heads return to Tokyo to wreak havoc on the survivors, taking orders from a girl so amazingly optimistic that she "just wouldn't" die, after getting set on fire, hit by a car, being beaten to unconsciousness with hentai books, and of course, being forced to look at a Shintaro Kago manga for 2 hours without covering herself in her vomit and blood - in other words, it's her revenge. Why apples? She likes apples. And aliens. And God. And Buddha. And cutting herself.

..ringo mogire beam...

I usually hand-draw my avatars for other crap, but I just decided to pick the weirdest Japanese thing I know, try to make it into a GIF, fail, then just use a still.

Darren716

Jul 7, 2011
It's Sasha from attack on titan holding potato Glados because it's two of my favorite characters from two of my favorite things combined.

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
Riff Moonraker said:
PureChaos said:
I think it's still Kiba from Naruto. I was a HUGE Naruto fan while at uni and for a few years after I graduated in 2009 and Kiba was my favourite character. I've been on here for many years but don't comment as much as I used to so never bother changing my avatar...if I have and it isn't Kiba I don't remember doing it! Be a nice surprise when I click 'post'

EDIT: OH, it's Sokka from The Last Airbender...thought I had that on another site...wow!
Hey, nothing to be ashamed of!!! Sokka is the man!
Sokka is the best character in the series. It looks like a giant mushroom...MAYBE IT'S FRIENDLY!

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Overlord Laharl from the Disgaea series. Haaaahahahahahaha!!

GrinningCat said:
It's a cropped picture of an original character of mine, looking damn sexy and intense. And clad in his ice queen crown.
I was wondering where that was from, cause your avatar does actually look pretty cool.

Drops a Sweet Katana

Folded 1000x for her pleasure
May 27, 2009
It's a crab sporting a top hat, monocle and cane. I think it represents my inner turmoil as I make my way the twisted labyrinth of life. That or it's just a crab in some fancy digs. YOU DECIDE!

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
Mine is the Radish Spirit from Spirited Away. I like his design and the fact that he looks out for Chihiro while she's going to see Yubaba. That and he squeaks when he walks, which I found to be quite funny then and now.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Teoes said:
Nouw said:
Not at all, of course it makes perfect sense now. That video is a gold mine of potential avatars for you, no?
Pretty much! I knew I had to make some kind of avatar out of it as soon as I saw it. It can be cute, addicting and well-looped. Perfect c:

Apr 8, 2010
It's a melting bird I found on Newgrounds which proved to be a convenient symbol for my interests (complicated and abstract stuff), current state of mind (decidedly confused) and character (flighty and weird).

Oh and it also looks cool.

TheIceQueen

Sep 15, 2013
scorptatious said:
Overlord Laharl from the Disgaea series. Haaaahahahahahaha!!

GrinningCat said:
It's a cropped picture of an original character of mine, looking damn sexy and intense. And clad in his ice queen crown.
I was wondering where that was from, cause your avatar does actually look pretty cool.
Thank you very much!

The rest of the image, which I probably should have shared to start with. My character mimicking Edward Stark a bit, with a gigantic ass sword. Still, the outfit's beautifully designed.

Product Placement

Jul 16, 2009
Both username and avatar are an offspring of an old joke I made, when I joined a webcomic hosting site. Essentially, the joke was that I identified myself as a sellout who'd wouldn't shy away from stabbing everyone in the back if the price was right.

I became a moderator on that site, couple of years later.

Oh, and I found that image, after googling "sellout". Funny thing is that I have no idea who that guy, holding the sign, is. Later, I tried finding the source image again, curious to find out who he was but I never found that image again.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
I haven't changed mine in a fair while until now and it sure feels good, like wearing a new coat. Anyone who watches anime should know where this is from but just in case I'll tell you anyway.

It's the vampire Alucard from Hellsing Ultimate

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Princess Luna from MLP: FiM decked out in the armor of a Spartan IV armor.

if your wondering why, the fandom surrounding MLP has taken Luna and made her a HARD CORE gamer (IE she plays EVERYTHING and doesn't seem to have a favorite game type, but just loves gaming on the whole), what ever new game is coming out she's probably stocked for it, she's also depicted as a colossal nerd as well.

Jolly Co-operator

A Heavy Sword
Mar 10, 2012
Luckily, this thread caught me just as I was thinking of changing my avatar. Hopefully I'll be able to find a picture that actually works soon.

When it finally does work, it should be Anomander Rake from The Malazan Book of the Fallen. In addition to his character, I like him because he's a good example of Steven Erikson's (the author) ability to eschew fantasy tropes. Just from his appearance, Rake looks stereotypically evil; he's literally the son of Darkness. However, he's actually one of the most noble, compassionate characters in the series. Even though he's compassionate, he's still a man of action who can do what needs to be done, even having a streak of arrogance in him from time to time.

I'd go on about how awesome his sword is, but I think I've gushed enough for now.