What's your Favorite book series.

icame

Aug 4, 2010
It depends. Ongoing? I would say The Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica books are quite good. Of all time though? Lord of the rings. I know it is a common answer but the books are just so damn good and changed fantasy fiction forever.

ScoopMeister

Mar 12, 2011
Lord of the Rings, Sherlock Holmes, Darren Shan, Artemis Fowl, Codex Alera, Inheritance, pretty much everything else anyone has said...
It's like choosing between favourite children! I can't do it!

keideki

Sep 10, 2008
That is a toughie, I would have to split three ways between WoT, A Song of Fire and Ice, and Dragonlance.

Fbuh

Feb 3, 2009
Wuffykins said:
Dune.

(That being the six books by Frank Herbert, not those written afterwards.)
Well said, good sir (or madam, as it may be). They afterwards read like fan fiction.

Mine would have to be Terry Pratchett's Discworld. Simon Green's Nightside would have to be a close second, just because of how interesting it is.

jad4400

Jun 12, 2008
Davey Woo said:
I like the Mortal Engines series by Phillip Reeve.
Though they're the only book series I've really read, other than Hitchhiker's guide, which is too obvious to suggest.
You Sir are awesome for having read both series.

For me apart for the aforementioned two, I also enjoy David Weber's Honor Harrington and Safehold series (Napoleonic Wars in SPACE!!!!!!!! and medieval stasis ending on a human colony respectively.

dcdude171

Oct 16, 2009
Not a big fan of series books , just like sequeal movies, i think they tend to drone . but hmmm if i had to choose, idk , would you consider watchmen to be a series ? with the different issues if so that

James Hobbley

Jan 14, 2011
Wheel of time for me - and the series is also now completed. Something i never thought would ever happen.

Mr.Wizard

Apr 22, 2010
The Farseer Trilogy and the Tawny Man trilogy by Robin Hobb. Some of the best character development I have ever read in a book series and still the only books that have ever made me cry (or book I should say, it was only one part).

The Thinker

Jan 22, 2011
By quantity and quality, Discworld.

TheYellowCellPhone said:
Series? I still vote Artemis Fowl, it's a great series for all ages.
Vibrating shouldn't make you invisible. The time travel trick should've worked multiple times (in Time Paradox). Gah! *Bangs head against wall* Sorry. I kind of dislike that series.

Nobby

Nov 13, 2009
Peter f Hamilton's Night's Dawn and commonwealth series and also discworld, Gaunts Ghosts, Brian Jacques redwall series and recently ASoIaF.

Aglaid

Mar 27, 2011
the Night Watch series by Sergei Lukyanenko is pretty good, either that or the Sherlock Holmes books by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

UtopiaV1

Feb 8, 2009
Gaunt's Ghost novels by Dan E. Abnett. Absolutely amazing 40k books, expertly written.