whats your favorite monster?

CODE-D

Feb 6, 2011
I need to know what your favorite monster is whether it be from myth, movie or game.
Which looks coolest?
Which one do you like to fight?
What monster would you be?

Ordinaryundone

Oct 23, 2010
Dragons. There is just something about them that makes them both an awesome monster and potentially great characters in their own right. They remind me of lions, in a way. Sort of a combination of scary animal brutality combined with a reserved regality. Other beasties may be spookier, or have scarier powers, but when a dragon shows up to the party you know shit just got real.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Werewolves. A great balance of a tragic character, and of complete feral power. They can be used as symbolism for many things besides the obvious, and the way a character handles such power can make for many different spins on the usual werewolf story. Do you put an audience in the shoes of someone becoming a werewolf who's terrified of hurting those he cares about? Or perhaps even scarier-do you put the protagonist up against a werewolf who actually takes sick pleasure in his condition? Or do you make the condition controllable, perhaps play on it to comedic effect?

They're basically a gift to supernatural fiction.

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
Succubus <3

The sexiest demon. Yes, I really want to get dirty with one:

[http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/715/disgaeasuccubus4.jpg/]

As for what I'd want to be, definitely a dragon. A perfect mix of might and flight......

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
believer258 said:
MammothBlade said:
Succubus <3

The sexiest demon. Yes, I really want to get dirty with one:

[http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/715/disgaeasuccubus4.jpg/]

As for what I'd want to be, definitely a dragon. A perfect mix of might and flight......
Is that picture your avatar?
No, they're different characters entirely. My avatar is the Yandere Goddess, Gasai Yuno.

Rowan93

Aug 25, 2011
I have no idea what monster to say looks coolest, but I'd most like to fight (read: massacre relentlessly) Twilight-style vampires. And I'd like to be Discord, because he's basically omnipotent and is awesome, but if for various reasons that's not monster enough I'll just go for the classic option and be a d&d-style Red Dragon.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Although I said the Alien in the thread which was exactly like this one not so long ago, I'm going to change to the Kraken. I'm too scared to see pictures of them but damn they're the biggest motherfuckers in the sea.

Magnus

Dec 12, 2011
Definitely the Burers from the s.t.a.l.k.e.r. series. There's something panic inducing about a monster that can stop you from running away and tear your weapons from you, especially that they take a good amount of punishment as well.

letfireraindown

Jul 28, 2010
Which looks coolest?
Dragons... possibly out done by some demons, but dragons in general, Bahamut designs in specific.
Which one do you like to fight?
Goblins, always been a favorite race of mine.
What monster would you be?
Very specific, I like my shadow dragon character in this D&D campaign. More general, a chain demon or some other demon/outsider that doesn't age.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
Illithids. The more they eat, the smarter they get. Heaven. Besides, who doesn't like vaguely Lovecraftian constructs?

Imat

Feb 21, 2009
My favorite monster is my favorite monster... Tautology cannot be disproved.

http://www.cdaccess.com/html/shared/myfavmon.htm

Pontus Hashis

Feb 22, 2010
Tarrasque is one that springs to mind, but that's just becus of how rediculusly powerful it is x3

But I like unicorns, becus they are bad-ass and still peerty.. Think heroes of might and magic 5 anyways ;P

willis888

May 18, 2010
The "Evil Wizard" construct from Planescape: Torment.

A sect of sentient robots, members of the Lawful Neutral 'modron' robot race, were tasked with figuring out why mortals liked to "adventure", so they designed an adventure simulator machine. The robot sect's (!) superiors were unwilling to commit the resources to building such an elaborate device in their home of Mechanus, one of the Lawful Neutral outer planes, because it would require too much of their limited and lawfully regulated energy.

So they decided to build a portal to the plane of Limbo, a Chaotic Neutral outer plane. When in Limbo, anything that a sentient being thinks about will materialize. Simply bringing the Adventure Simulator blueprints into Limbo caused it to be built around them - a maze populated by NPC robots that spout cliche villain stuff:

But existing in a plane that is defined by pure chaos, machines have the potential to break in catastrophic and amusing ways.

The Evil Wizard construct becomes self-aware and decides to take over the Simulator. It disintegrates the top ranking modron and sends forth its construct minions to eradicate the rest of the modrons. The modrons have never experienced being without a leading giving them orders and are just milling about aimlessly - one of them goes crazy, shifts alignment to Chaotic Neutral, and names himself Nordom. Nordom will join your party and help you dismantle the Evil Wizard.

Byere

Jan 8, 2009
Coolest: Jedo from Legend of Legaia

Want to fight: none, I don't care for fighting... Otherwise, pick whatever the weakest monster you can think of :p

Be: I'm partial to the Were-Tiger from Breath of Fire 3...