whats your favorite monster?

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
Dragons are bad-ass. Plain and simple.

I guess the fact that they used Dragons as the main theme for their strongest characters is part of why i like the Fairy Tail series so much

What monster would i want to fight? The pocket monster Magicarp, i think. I don't wanna die >_>

And what would i want to be? Being a vampire in this day and age doesn't really seem cool anymore despite the gain of immortality from stalking and biting young virgins so i'm not gonna go with that.

I think i'd want to be a Drow. I think they're pretty cool.

LittleJoeRambler

Nov 3, 2011
Gonna have to go with dragons. They can fly, breathe various types of harmful substances, Shout people to death, horde treasure, have teeth and claws and nigh-impenetrable scales. Best part is that dragons have an intelligence rivaling or even surpassing that of humans (depending on the mythology).

Badass.

Vhite

Aug 17, 2009
DSK- said:
Bile demon!

I miss slapping those fatties :D
I was going to say cerberus but this caused me a nostalgia overload.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Dragons

pretty much the best of everything. long life spans, generally hard to kill, intelligent, versed in most, if not all forms of magic (depending on who's writing)

also, Werewolves, cause, well, Werewolves :p

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
dragons and werewolves have been my favorites for a long time

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
http://scientopia.org/blogs/childsplay/files/2010/08/cookie-monster.jpg

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM!!!

My favourite monster, although the bane of baked goods the world over.

Grog289

Sep 1, 2011
Slenderman is brilliantly terrifying. He is human looking, but just off enough to be unsettling, and he slowly drives people insane before he kidnappes them. Watch Marble Hornets on youtube, pretty awesome.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Everything in Monster Hunter. I fight them, i make huge swords and powerful armor from thier corpses then fight bigger ones, then make weapons and armor from thier corpses...

believer258 said:
Actually, I remember seeing that avatar on a TVTropes page but can't remember which one...
TropeLord to the rescue! [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Yandere]

Fishyash

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2010
For me it's werewolves. I dunno why to be honest, I am not really that interested in monsters but werewolves are my favourite.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Ordinaryundone said:
Dragons. There is just something about them that makes them both an awesome monster and potentially great characters in their own right. They remind me of lions, in a way. Sort of a combination of scary animal brutality combined with a reserved regality. Other beasties may be spookier, or have scarier powers, but when a dragon shows up to the party you know shit just got real.
Agreed, plus they seem to make both good protagonists and antagonists. Also, Dragons are pretty versatile, you can have them fill any role from wise old mentors to magnificant bastard villains, as well as have half-human half Dragon hybrids, or Dragons that turn into humans.

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
Torrasque from Starcraft for the first and the third, but hell-fucking-no for the second.

For those of you who are not familiar with the Torrasque, here is a little lesson for you:
The Torrasque (Terr-ask) or Tarasque, is from French mythology and DnD. In both, it is a "HOLYSHIT KILL IT WITH FIRE" monster. My avatar and spelling of Torrasque is from Starcraft: Brood War. You first see the Torrasque in the last level of the Terran campaign. The Torrasque is the reason that level is so fucking hard. He respawns every 5 or so minutes, does 50 damage a swing, moves a tiny bit slower than a Vulture, has 6 armor, and 800 health. Whenever this fucker runs at your base, you need a few Battlecruisers and Siege Tanks to take it down, and even then it takes a while to kill him. Whenever I play this map, I have a designated strike force just for killing the Torrasque, and the first thing I do is destroy the Cerebrate that keeps respawning him. After he is taken care of, the map is a breeze.

I named my Tauren Druid Torrasque because I wanted people to get the impression that I was as terrifying as the Torrasque was for me.
He's one of the only monsters in all the games I have played that makes me say "Ah fuck..." no matter what.

Oh, and he's x10 more terrifying in DnD...

Honorable mention goes to the fucking Iron Maiden casting bastards in Act IV D2.

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
Ordinaryundone said:
Dragons. There is just something about them that makes them both an awesome monster and potentially great characters in their own right. They remind me of lions, in a way. Sort of a combination of scary animal brutality combined with a reserved regality. Other beasties may be spookier, or have scarier powers, but when a dragon shows up to the party you know shit just got real.
I'll agree the Dragons are the most versatile monster around for the same reasons you said.
However, whenever I think of "monster" I think of something that was created from evil and hate that is designed to cause fear and destruction in everything it does.

him over there

Dec 17, 2011
fix-the-spade said:
http://scientopia.org/blogs/childsplay/files/2010/08/cookie-monster.jpg

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM!!!

My favourite monster, although the bane of baked goods the world over.
Damn ninja'd. Any way I guess Ridley, he's so scary he made me have flashbacks of when I was a little girl! See for yourself how scary he is!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PsnG9TeMaA.

Lyvric

Nov 29, 2011
Dragons are a bit of a given.

For some inexplicable reason, I've always got a good laugh at these three. Especially the gelatinous cubes.

Noala

Jun 3, 2010
That thing with the eyes in his hand in Pan's Labyrinth looked pretty cool.
As for fighting a monster, I would love to try and fight Crawmerax, I would fail hard but still...
As for monster to be, I can't really think of anything unfortunately

(sidenote: The thing from Pan's Labyrinth is from some Japanese myth which escapes my mind at the moment)