whats your favorite monster?

willis888

May 18, 2010
Mortai Gravesend said:
willis888 said:
The "Evil Wizard" construct from Planescape: Torment.

A sect of sentient robots, members of the Lawful Neutral 'modron' robot race, were tasked with figuring out why mortals liked to "adventure", so they designed an adventure simulator machine. The robot sect's (!) superiors were unwilling to commit the resources to building such an elaborate device in their home of Mechanus, one of the Lawful Neutral outer planes, because it would require too much of their limited and lawfully regulated energy.

So they decided to build a portal to the plane of Limbo, a Chaotic Neutral outer plane. When in Limbo, anything that a sentient being thinks about will materialize. Simply bringing the Adventure Simulator blueprints into Limbo caused it to be built around them - a maze populated by NPC robots that spout cliche villain stuff:

But existing in a plane that is defined by pure chaos, machines have the potential to break in catastrophic and amusing ways.

The Evil Wizard construct becomes self-aware and decides to take over the Simulator. It disintegrates the top ranking modron and sends forth its construct minions to eradicate the rest of the modrons. The modrons have never experienced being without a leading giving them orders and are just milling about aimlessly - one of them goes crazy, shifts alignment to Chaotic Neutral, and names himself Nordom. Nordom will join your party and help you dismantle the Evil Wizard.
Oh that guy was awesome. Though kind of sad in a way, the Modrons created him just to keep getting destroyed and to be the evil wizard XP

Oh and the spell you got off him was awesome. At least I think you get it off him...
Yeah, that spell is pretty B.A.

Someday I hope to be able to use that mechanic in a pencil and paper game. Draw up plans to some nasty, infernal contraption, port it into Limbo, then open portals to the business end as needed on the Prime Material.

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
Coolest? Cthulhu, probably.
Most like to fight? Zombies.
Most like to be? Loki?

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:

He's the best monster there is.

I need me some more Monster Hunter...
Oh man D: I cant Stand the Rath since they remade him. He spends way to much time in the air.

The Barioth is my favorite monster!
He can strike you from any angle, leap off any wall and turn any corner on a dime.
not only that, but hes the most adorable monster ever <3

JesterRaiin

Apr 14, 2009
Dracolich. Monstrous, gargantuan skeleton of f*king dragon.
I can't think about anything more awesome to encounter.
There is such creature in Skyrim. It was epic fight. I was like "omg, i died and i'm in Valhalla". :)