What's your favorite MTG card?

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
Dark Confidant AKA Bob is my favorite card.

For two mana you can potentially draw 5-6 cards plus get a 2/1 beater. It is a must answer threat. Plus it combos well with Liliana of the Veil in my Legacy rock tournament deck.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
Counterspell beats everything but is not terribly interesting. For cards where I like the effect and artwork:

Both of these were in my main deck back when I played.

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
Vigormortis said:
Favorite "Win Card that's unlikely to ever resolve" - [mtg_card=Door to Nothingness]
Actually, one of the current standard decks based around stalling with defenders and making a ton of any color mana with [mtg_card=Chromatic Lantern] gets it off pretty easily. My friend has been running it at FNM and been doing pretty good so far. He went 3 - 1 last week, getting Door off twice in the night.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
KefkaCultist said:
Vigormortis said:
Favorite "Win Card that's unlikely to ever resolve" - [mtg_card=Door to Nothingness]
Actually, one of the current standard decks based around stalling with defenders and making a ton of any color mana with [mtg_card=Chromatic Lantern] gets it off pretty easily. My friend has been running it at FNM and been doing pretty good so far. He went 3 - 1 last week, getting Door off twice in the night.
Granted, but still...in most formats that have even a small amount of artifact removal, the moment your opponent gets a whiff of "The Door", every move will be aimed at anticipating (and removing) "The Door". Especially in multiplayer formats. Good lord, you drop this card and you instantly become 'public enemy number one'.

That can be used to your advantage, of course. If your opponent(s) spend much of the game "saving up" so they have an answer to your bomb, it frees you to do a lot of other things they may not anticipate.

Mark Bloomer

Feb 14, 2012
Macgyvercas said:
Mark Bloomer said:
it is my opinion that blue is the best colour because of unsummon (also standstill).
[mtg_card=Unsummon]? If you're running that, why not just use [mtg_card=Vapor Snag]. Same cost, same effect, with the injury of a ping added to the insult.
i bounce my own creatures a lot, but can you say op?

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Mark Bloomer said:
Macgyvercas said:
Mark Bloomer said:
it is my opinion that blue is the best colour because of unsummon (also standstill).
[mtg_card=Unsummon]? If you're running that, why not just use [mtg_card=Vapor Snag]. Same cost, same effect, with the injury of a ping added to the insult.
i bounce my own creatures a lot, but can you say op?
Vapor Snag op? If you want OP to the point of broken, look no farther than this:

[mtg_card=Jace the Mind Sculptor]

Or this combo:

[mtg_card=Stongforge Mystic]+[mtg_card=Batterskull]

NinjaSniperAssassin

Sep 19, 2012
Probably [mtg_card=Victory's Herald], simply because it was the card my initial Intro Deck was built around and it's been in every White deck I've ever build. Honourable mentions would have to go to [mtg_card=Elspeth Tirel] because she was the first PW I pulled and I have a fondness for token decks, and [mtg_card=Wurmcoil Engine] because I've never seen a single deck that this beast doesn't kick ass in.

Edit: Almost forgot to give props to [mtg_card=Army of the Damned]. Oh AotD, the only card that has actually made me break out into maniacal laughter when played.

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
For battle my favorite is Worldslayer (I have the nice foil one too). Aside from that I think Sundial of the Infinite is pretty cool. I like the artwork anyway.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
I do love [mtg_card=Primordial Hydra], just for the fact that if you can keep it on the field for long enough then it gets hilariously powerful

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
[mtg_card=Puresteel Paladin] makes my best deck 10 times better with his very presence.

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
TimeLord said:
I do love [mtg_card=Primordial Hydra], just for the fact that if you can keep it on the field for long enough then it gets hilariously powerful
And it has a new friend in [mtg_card=Corpsejack Menace].

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
fapper plain said:
TimeLord said:
I actually had one of my friends get one of those up to I think 64/64. It was something ridiculous.

I then played Mind Control. >:3
Yeah, unfortunately there are plenty of things that can screw it over.

I always find this funny, it's a photo of my attempt to get it as high as possible in the Magic 2013 game. Unfortunately it caps out at 9999/9999 :(

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Slycne said:
TimeLord said:
And it has a new friend in [mtg_card=Corpsejack Menace].
Holy crap, that's brilliant! I'm in the mood for a Black/Green deck now.