What's your favorite sad song?

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
My favorite sad song is this:

This song is about the murders Samir Kuntar committed in 1979. The little girl named Yael was hiding in the crawl space of the house with her mom and her mom covered her mouth to keep her quiet and accidentally suffocated her. Kuntar took the husband and the other daughter who was 4 at the time out to a beach where he shot the husband in the back and then drowned him and then smashed the little girls face against a rock with the butt of his rifle.

Very sad, the song is amazing though.

What is your favorite sad song?

let's rock

Jun 15, 2011
Here is is. It's about Billy Joe Armstrong's dad dying of cancer, wher billy was only 10 years old. He broke out crying while playing it live on more than one occasion

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
This is the saddest song I have ever heard. And I don't think it matters if you're religious or not.

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
Biffy Clyro - Folding Stars
It's about Simon's mum dying during the release of the previous album. I find it more uplifting than depressing, which takes talent (from them, not me) and is why I love Biffy.

Just_A_Glitch

Dec 10, 2009
Easy. "Your 8th Birthday" by Cloud Cult.

Here's a little background on this band. The lead singer, Craig Minowa, had a child named Kaiden, who died at age 2 (I think). HE then locked himself away from the world and wrote songs. This whole album, and a large part of the band's discography, is about his son in one way or the other. He describes each album as the stages of grief.

This song has him screaming his son's name the whole time, while imagining the birthday party his son never got. It isn't outright sad. You need the story behind the band to realize it. But once you know, you realize how sad and powerful the song, and album, is.

Close contenders would be "Love, Love, Love" by The Mountain Goats.

EDIT: And "Morning in May" by Ludo.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Alone again by Gilbert O'Sullivan, I think.
Oh and this one, from the Clannad soundtrack.
I suppose it won't be all that sad for people who haven't seen Clannad though.
[youtube=Tix_s6K9NU0

Infinatex

BLAM!Headshot?!
May 19, 2009
Mine is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv7w200rrcs

Please don't dismiss this as, oh it's just a stupid hip hop song. This track tells a story and it's one worth hearing. Check it out :)

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
It's my favourite song that is lyrically and music video-lly sad. For a message though, I choose Prime Time of Your Life by Daft Punk.

Powereaver

Apr 25, 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcGntdbDB5Q&ob=av2e i love this song its so darn solemn and nice.. sure its faith hill but it just works.

Last Hugh Alive

Jul 6, 2011
I'm sure there are better ones I'm not remembering right now, but for now I'll say "The Scientist" by Coldplay, only because I remember recently tearing up when WWE used that song in its tribute to Macho Man Randy Savage. That was a sad day for me. I think it depends on context.

Aetera

Jan 19, 2011
How has no one posted any Sad Kermit songs yet? I've broken a couple of my friends with Sad Kermit.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Free From Sorrow. [http://ia600400.us.archive.org/2/items/8bcAmbientChipCompilationVol1/10FreeFromSorrow.mp3]

Its not really that sad a song in itself, but it means a lot to me. On the day my dog's health suddenly failed, I knew that whatever I'd listen to would be associated with her death forever, so I hit shuffle, took the first song I got, and just listened the Hell out of it.
It turns out that her death marked the end an era in my life, and I have a lot of emotion associated with that time.
And I just found out that yes, that song still does make me cry, years later.

TiloXofXTanto

Aug 18, 2010
Mine is this, mostly because it's recent and fresh in my mind, but also because it's hard to tell that it is a sad song.
And then I listened to it again, and became slightly more depressed.

Well, this only counts if you don't include video game music... in which case...