Whats your first memory of Gaming

Hunter65416

Oct 22, 2010
Your very earliest memory of any video game, I can only just remember watching my older sister play Pacman on the Atari 2600, Would have been when I was 2 apparantly, For some reason I never wanted to play it i just liked to watch im guessing because those ghosts had me dead with in seconds its only when I got my nintendo 64 when I started to play some games like Banjo Kazooie and Super Mario 64 I wouldve been 4 or 5.

RheynbowDash

Jan 26, 2009
Beating The Legend of Zelda when i was 10.

Still got the notebook full of notes about where the items are and such.

Good Times ^_^

IrradiatedFish

Sep 24, 2010
I think it may have been Chips Challenge. I'm unsure of this though. Being so long ago, I can't really remember.

Crapster

Aug 6, 2009
I remember playing Super Mario Land 2: Six Gold Coins on the original Gameboy... I know I was in Pumpkin Zone... And I know I died really fast.

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
In my front room, suddenly my dad gives me his Gameboy colour as a random present, along with an old mario game. I then proceed to play it all day :') and then in the very near future, Pokemon Blue!

Such happy, young days :D

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
Starting Emerald Hill Zone on Sonic 2 when my dad let me have a go. Not sure how old I was, probably 3 or 4. I know it was before I was 5 because I used to run home from nursery to play it.
I also remember dying once and then crying because the game beat me. Yeah, fun times.

V161

Dec 8, 2009
Super Mario Bros. when it first came out. I was @ 13 (you do the math) and I started doing odd & after school jobs for money to buy it myself (I got the system as a present). I think the store in NYC where I bought it was called Crazy Eddie (way defunct now). Haven't thoght about htat in forever. Make way kiddies! - Old man traveling down memory lane!

Hunter65416

Oct 22, 2010
C95J said:
I cant remember one (reasonable) unhappy moment in my childhood, world used to seem so great now theres work, deadlines, and a crumbling economy I would love to relive it all again.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Playing Tetris in the car with my sister. Those melodies will never leave me.

C95J said:
In my front room, suddenly my dad gives me his Gameboy colour as a random present, along with an old mario game. I then proceed to play it all day :') and then in the very near future, Pokemon Blue!

That is how I got my first handheld! My Dad just randomly handed me a gameboy and I got Super Mario Deluxe and Yellow as my first games.

Good times indeed!

Blondegoth

Oct 8, 2009
That would be the loading screen for my Sinclair ZX Spectrum and the wonder of the Dizzy egg franchise :)

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
Hunter65416 said:
C95J said:
I cant remember one (reasonable) unhappy moment in my childhood, world used to seem so great now theres work, deadlines, and a crumbling economy I would love to relive it all again.

yeah, I start work next year, got mixed feelings about it.

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
Playing the first grand theft auto when I was only 5 years old and laughing whenever I ran over someone. XD

Kristoffer Mattila

Mar 28, 2010
I cant say i remember it, but i have been playing Nintendo from the cradle and there are some videos of me doing so. Video games have just always been there since before i was born

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
Playing Pokemon Yellow and getting my ass thoroughly kicked by Brock because I didn't know how to catch new Pokemon.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Realising that if you triple-jump into a certain level in Super Mario 64 then the water level starts off high...

And wondering why I couldn't walk up the staircase...