What's your flirt tactic?

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
Kodachi said:
ReservoirAngel said:
Keep making eye contact from across the room while doing naughty things with inanimate objects all while pretending I don't even know I'm doing them. And continue until said guy comes over.
Soooo not fair... I wanna do that too, well successfully anyways.
I didn't even know I could do it until one of my friends pointed out that I always eat ice creams in a really blowjob-ish way (their words).

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Usually I try to be as drunk as possible, because my drunk self is apparently the coolest guy in the world.

I tell everybody that they are my best friend and we should hang out more. Works on girls.

Only, just be sure you know what type of drunk you are.

Other useful tips? Pretend you are Jon Hamm from Mad Men.

Edit: Also, women can smell confidence (like the dangerous predatory animals they are). Be confident. Don't act confident, actually be confident. That's kinda why I mentioned the drunk thing.

Being drunk sorta destroys in confidence problems you may have. Unless you are in a party with absolutely no one you know. It can still be a little awkward.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Rule Britannia said:
I'm british and I live in Canada, my general tactic is to not understand Canadian/American words. works very efficiently...until I meet another British chick :S...It's happened :(
The foreign accent technique, very smooth but dangerous. I approve

Ham_authority95

Dec 8, 2009
pulse2 said:
So this gorgeous girl / guy just walked in (By "in", I'm most likely referring to a stable environment of which you can instigate conversation, and no, not your home because that would instead be invasive, unless of course you were having a party etc), how do you go about instigating conversation with the person and what do you usually do to find success depending on what you were looking for in the first place, be it a relationship or fling.
I wouldn't "flirt" with them. I would wait until a mutual friend makes conversation with them, then join in. Simple as that.

I did a similar thing for my current girlfriend, except it was over Facebook.

Cap'n Ninja

Magnificent Malefactor
Jan 16, 2011
Nudu said:
Cap said:
Nudu said:
I hang around high school catinas and stare at girls. If I like them I break into their room at night and watch them sleep. I got that one off Twilight.
Cap said:
Wait for them to talk to me, smile a lot, look down and to the left and maybe make more contact than usual.

Mostly though, I tend to flirt by accident. It just sort of happens, so I couldn't really tell you my "technique" as it were.
So...What are you doing tonight?
Waiting for my boyfriend to get on Facebook so I can talk to him about visiting. He lives in Cardiff so... Yeah.

I was amused by your Twilight joke though. Thank you for that.
I was joking. Sorry if I wasn't obvious enough.
It was obvious enough, don't worry. I kind of forgot what I was saying with the second bit, the "so... Yeah" was just me being a bit bummed out because I just remembered.

Kodachi

Jun 6, 2011
ReservoirAngel said:
Kodachi said:
ReservoirAngel said:
Keep making eye contact from across the room while doing naughty things with inanimate objects all while pretending I don't even know I'm doing them. And continue until said guy comes over.
I didn't even know I could do it until one of my friends pointed out that I always eat ice creams in a really blowjob-ish way (their words).
Great idea! Other guys listen up!

- Offer the girl an ice cream (find one!).
- Examine how "appropriate" said ice cream is being consumed.
- Direct conversation based off observation.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Err, make lots of eye contact, brief conversation, more eye contact, direct questioning, ask and hope to receive.

Not G. Ivingname said:
Grab club, hit her on the head, bring her to cave.
I laughed a lot harder than I maybe should have to that :)
Thank you.

GLo Jones

Activate the Swagger
Feb 13, 2010
As long as you're confident, and know how to laugh at yourself, nearly anything can be used to open a successful conversation. As for actually flirting, that comes a lot more naturally to some than others.

An important thing to note is often just how subtle it is. TV, movies, and even general hearsay tends to greatly exaggerate flirting. It's also less about what you say, it's more in your body language.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Kodachi said:
ReservoirAngel said:
Kodachi said:
ReservoirAngel said:

"Hey! Cool, you eat Ice Creams like your giving blowjobs! We should date"

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
Kodachi said:
ReservoirAngel said:
Kodachi said:
ReservoirAngel said:

I'm no expert on picking up the woman-folk of our species, but I'm pretty sure that "wow, you're really sucking off that ice cream like a pro" is not going to be a very successful line.

But anyone is willing to try and inform me of the results.

Captain_Fantastic

Jun 28, 2011
i honestly hate to be off topic here but after reading the first few posts the only thing that came to my mind was "oh my god im home these are my people"

Truly-A-Lie

Nov 14, 2009
I stand next to them, don't introduce myself and proceed to explain the origins of Pac-Man before leaving her own.

But no seriously I can't to save my life. I'm so oblivious to the signals that indicate attraction, that my friend can spot when I like someone before I do. So I guess my method, rather than tactic, is to be myself. Which is to talk utter crap and hope they find me funny.

crunchieman

Nov 17, 2009
I don't know. Depends on the situation and how I'm feeling. If she is 'gorgeous' then I will definitely engage in conversation. It doesn't matter if it's a two minute conversatin. I just like to get a word in. Especially if the girls particuarly attractive or intresting.

gallaetha_matt

Feb 28, 2010
Timberwolf0924 said:
This is some sound and rational stuff. But I have to disagree on a few points...

[qupte] The girl who puts out eaisly, is going to cheat on you, don't try (unless you want mushu only) the quiet girl, will take FOREVER to put out, but it's usually worth it. I've never had the quiet girl flip out and pull a whip and handcuffs out while calling her twin sister with gas powered play toys all of a sudden.
[/quote]

That's not necessarily true. I've slept with a girl three hours after meeting her and it ended up being one of the purest, most wonderful relationships of my life. I've also been out with quiet girls who seemed almost bashful about sex, who then went on to cheat on me. It probably wasn't your intention to make such a sweeping generalisation, but it comes across as if this some hard 'n' fast, black 'n' white fact. Just because a girl enjoys sex doesn't mean she's going to cheat.

You need to make your intentions clear right from the beginning. If you're only out for a one night thing, make sure the other party knows you're not playing for the long term. It leads to a lot less confusion and heartache later on.

Also if a girl I was dating pulled out a whip, some handcuffs and dialled up her twin sister I'd have to check the calendar to see if it was my birthday. If it wasn't my birthday I'd probably find religion just so I had somebody to thank in my prayers.

But then I'm an enormous sexual deviant. I don't speak for everybody - I only speak for the ones that are currently masturbating (you know who are.)

Also, we guys, though most won't say anything, don't like a woman dropping 'f-bombs' all the time, especially if we're not cussers ourselves.
Case in point: I currently have a woman who is madly in love with me, but she throws herself in such a distasteful way that I can't find myself really attracted to her, she's beauitful and fun to be with, but she is so distasteful, foul mouthed and it drives me crazy (see: not sexually either)
Not at all. I personally hate it if girls are all demure and fragile around foul language. A girl who swears freely is usually one who is comfortable with being herself. If a girl can't use the word 'fuck' at least once then I know I'll never be able to relax around her. I swear a lot and I couldn't be with a woman who cringes every time I drop an f-bomb. Because I drop more f-bombs than a dyslexic fighter pilot.

That being said, I think we're talking about a personal taste issue here. I like it when women swear, you might not - most people probably land somewhere in the middle and don't care either way. I don't think anybody wants to be around somebody who they have to stand on airs with. Sometimes we all just want to use the word '****' and not have our significant others yelling at us like they're our fucking pastor.

His ass should be taking you out, if you're paying for anything. (After asking at least once, and him saying 'no, I got this') then you either 1 totally picked up a dead beat. Or 2 are desperate.
Simple solution for this is either a) the one who does the asking does the paying or b) just split the bill. A girl isn't desperate if she's paid for anything on a date, nor is she dating a dead beat. She might be, but that's not something you can assume at the first date stage.

Sorry, just needed to get my two cents across on this since it kinda jagged out at me in an otherwise sound list of flirting tips.

As for me, my flirting tactic is to just blunder around drunk. I'll usually make one or two sexy, sexy mistakes per night out. Y'see, I don't just talk to the hot girls. I talk to everybody. Men and women of all shapes, sizes, ages and sexual preferences. I've never woken up next to anybody that I didn't want to sleep with the morning after.

This tactic has served me well so far. Thanks to my drunken staggerings, I'm currently dating an awesome girl. It helps if you're a friendly drunk though. I don't think there are many women out there that want to date Alabama Man or a drunken ladder theory creep.

That took so much longer to say than I intended it to.

Kodachi

Jun 6, 2011
ReservoirAngel said:
Kodachi said:
ReservoirAngel said:
Kodachi said:
ReservoirAngel said:

I'm no expert on picking up the woman-folk of our species, but I'm pretty sure that "wow, you're really sucking off that ice cream like a pro" is not going to be a very successful line.

But anyone is willing to try and inform me of the results.
Well yes it was a joke... though I've seen far worse lines work surprisingly well. Though rarely admitted, women are just as perverted as men. Yay for biology and suppressive culture >.>

Coldflame727

Jul 14, 2011
RAKtheUndead said:
I don't. I'm a gutless, spineless man, with absolutely no knowledge on how to flirt. If I tried, it would be so horribly creepy that I might actually be arrested for it. I am so hopeless at romance that I consider it a punishment for me to have been born heterosexual.
I find that comment extremely offensive.

Crusnik

Apr 16, 2008
I like to suggest that something they said is personally insulting. Something kind of dumb, that no reasonable person would actually believe is insulting.

For instance, talking to someone about motorcycles (this actually happened):

Me: I'm planning on getting my Class M license this year.
Her: You totally should. Having a motorcycle would automatically make you a thousand times cooler.
Me: *sniff* Are you implying that I am not already as cool as possible?

Works best if you have met her/him before. And it can't be used too often on the same person, but that's true of just about any tactic.