What's your go-to game when you have friends over?

Spider RedNight

There are holes in my brain
Oct 8, 2011
When I invite friends over (and by that I usually mean the one or two that I have that aren't my sister), we have a handful of multiplayer games we can fall back on - and I'm only mentioning multiplayer here because we play ANY single player game we want ANY time we want.

Just classic Halo, SSBB - we're evenly matched so that makes it fun, and Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I Don't Know - welllllll the game was lacking but at least if you're gonna dungeon crawl, you might as well dungeon crawl with your friend playing as LSP right next to you. There's actually another game I've owned for a looong time called Dungeons & Dragons: Heroes which is a four-player RPG game where you pick your class/race (combined) and they stick you in a crypt and say "okay, go". It's a lot of fun to play with other people when you can get around the fact that you learn nice and quick who the loot whores in your group are. It's kind of like Daggerdale. Only good. And for four people.

AnthrSolidSnake

Jun 2, 2011
For awhile it was mostly Guitar Hero. I seemed to be the most obsessed with it, but then again I could 100% just about anything on Expert, so I probably would have the most fun...

Then it was online sessions of CoD Modern Warfare/Black Ops with my best friend, also Nazi Zombies.

Lately it's been online games, such as DayZ and such, since I have both a gaming desktop and gaming laptop that allows me and a friend(s) to play online games in the same house. Pretty fun actually.

Captain_Heavy

Jul 23, 2009
I recently picked up Artemis Spaceship Bridge Simulator. That's a pretty great party game.

Except when your entire team is awful :p

Here Comes Tomorrow

Jan 7, 2009
Marvel vs Capcom 2 or 3.

No one knows what the hell is going on and everyone loves the crazy over the top stuff.

Alternatively, Timesplitters: Future Perfect.
Everyone loves brick and rocket launcher only games...

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
It was Minecraft for a while, a bunch of us could play it on medium-end laptops with little problems. We'd usually play something like Tekkit for eight hours straight on one world, usually the only break being from the game sometimes crashing the LAN host with no real consequence.

Now it's Civ 5, and I can't play Civ 5. My computer can run it just fine, but I hate the type of game Civ 5 is: slow, away from any action, steep learning curve, built on backstabbing your buds, and strategic. I can do strategy in fast games, but I can't play freaking turn-based games, but that's all they want to play.

Sometimes we'll casually boot up Mario Kart, New Super Mario Bros., or Smash Brothers. Mario Kart usually ends with us on Rainbow Road then absolutely killing ourselves on Moonview Highway.

Shadow flame master

Jul 1, 2011
Split-screen Call of Duty. Usually we play as humans versus bots or the zombie modes and most times we would see who got the highest scores out of all of us.

They also come after me first whenever I'm playing because I'm a dirty screen watcher.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
We usually game NintendoLand, MarioKart, SmashBros or FIFA.
I guess next year Splatoon will also be another one, as will hopefully Hyrule Warriors...
But those 4 first mentioned are the main ones.

SKBPinkie

Oct 6, 2013
Halo, Trials, Blur, Mortal Kombat, for the most part.

Halo and Blur are the favorites, though.

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
It's usually either switching between BlazBlue and P4A, or Unreal Tournament 3. Yeeeaaaaahhhhhhhh.
In the rare occasions that me and my other friend with a Dreamcast both have our controllers with us we'll occasionally play ChuChu Rocket too.

We sometimes play some other fighting games too but we usually play those.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
TheHatPerson said:
You Don't Know Jack is a must! :D
I watched the RT guys play that and I love the way it asks questions!

On topic. Borderlands 2, the story doesn't really matter, you just shoot your way to a waypoint and/or run at green flashy things and hit the use button then go back. So you can talk about whatever, have a blast with all the abilities and guns and not miss anything.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Back when I was social, lived in the same state as friends, had my 360 out of storage... I was really big into Guitar Hero. GH2 was my favorite, even when 3, 4, 5 and, 6 came out. Metallica would be my favorite but I didn't buy it due to price and to this day, GH-Metallica is still pretty pricy compared to the other variations. Before I left home my friends and I would take it in turn to play Slender: The Arrival. Outside of video games there's also Cards Against Humanity, which is absolutely hilarious and wonderful.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
I don't have friends irl..*insert forever alone picture here*

No seriously I don't..and even if I did and they did come over they couldn't do anything in my house, because I only own a mid range PC.

Flammablezeus

Dec 19, 2013
At the moment it's MK8, SSBB and Killer Instinct. Trine is great fun. I played through them on PC with friends when they came over and completely avoided playing it on my own. Such fun games. Injustice and the latest MK have also gotten a bit of use on my PS3.

krebons12

Jun 23, 2014
Attack of the Movies 3-D or whatever our Lego games. They're pretty pick up and play-y so we don't really need to explain anything to people who don't play games

Jak23

Oct 1, 2010
TOWERFALL FREAKIN' ASCENSION!
Backups include: Littlebigplanet 2, Rayman, and Minecraft.

Zinaxos

Feb 9, 2009
The ever-entertaining Soul Calibur 2. We all sank tons of time into it, so it's always nice to bust it out and kick eachothers butts.

aozgolo

Mar 15, 2011
It really does change all the time, I don't have friends over too often but it depends on the friend too. My cousin and I play Minecraft mostly, my best friend and I lately just hotseat playing Fat Princess online.