what's your saddest point in a game ever?

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Methshin said:
When cait sith died in ff7. That made me more upset than losing Aeris.
Ditto, especially when he was bouncing along, "She told me to be brave! I feel so happy!"

Also, the scenes with Nanaki made me sad, especially with his dad and grandad.

GBlair88

Jan 10, 2009
When
Pte. Jarhead (forgotten his real name) dies in CoD4 from radiation. Wasn't something you expected in a game.

The 'thing that happened' in Mass Effect as others have said and
Seran blowing his brains out at the end of my second play through.

The second Mass Effect one was more of a 'wtf just happened?' moment than a moment of sadness but still.

And yes Halo 3 because I thought it was all over and couldn't be bothered watching through the credits.

gains

Jan 8, 2008
Fallout 3. 1st time saving Megaton from Burke, I told the sheriff what Burke was planning. He went to go arrest him and then as soon as Burke says he'll come along quietly, Sheriff turns his back and heads for the door. Burke shoots him in the back and kills him before I can even switch to VATS. I keep on playing and then I meet Sheriff Sims' kid and a massive "I could have saved him!" guilt trip set in. Over time I felt worse and worse about not saving Sheriff Sims.

When a fire ant offed Deputy Weld it got even worse. I started hanging around outside Megaton just waiting for wandering things to kill off so that I could feel I was doing something to help the people.

This is why I can't play a bad karma character. I try it out for a few missions but then I feel guilty and go back to saving everyone from everything.

On the second playthrough, I wasted Burke on my own. Now every time I talk to Sims he tells me he'll throw me out of town if I pull a stunt like that again; starting a shootout in the bar.

Jejbe

May 6, 2009
GTA IV, when:

Kate dies. I had really grown to care of her, only person I did any social stuff with.

Akaros

Feb 8, 2008
Persona 4 ( pretty big spoilers)

When Nanako "died" I really did start crying, I really thought she was dead for the rest of the game. Even the second time, knowing what would happen, I still teared up.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
Any one of the emotional Points in the FF6, the damn game was jam packed with heart breaking moments.

Any of the death's, especially Zack's death in Crisis Core trumps Aeris' death any day

A lot of Scenes from Lost Odyssey as well.

MG4 had a pretty depressing ending i will grant it that, despite how much I may not like the game.

MCGT

Sep 27, 2008
Metal Gear Solid 4, when Snake was crawling through the microwave tunnel and again at the end when I thought he had killed himself, and again when Big Boss died.

Juan Regular

Jun 3, 2008
FF6 too: The opera house, the almost suicide,...
Most depressing game ever. Remake this game without the usual japanese anime stuff, get Uematsu to re-record the score and you have one hell of a game.

Sniper Wolf's and Psycho Mantis' s death scenes in MGS 1 always get me too.

Crabid

Feb 21, 2008
My favourite game to date has got to be crysis, but about half way through crysis warhead when I realised it wasn't going to get any better was quite upsetting, that was followed by the end at about 6 hours gameplay.

But talking in story terms, *starts digging for something in the big pile of man-games that had some kind of emotive response*

Nah its not happening, nothing I've played in the last 6 years has any real affect on me. They're all too bad or not at all emotional. Only game in memory that has would be the end of FFX.

Scops

Jan 11, 2009
Yeah, the FFX ending was a bit melodramatic, but it definitely got me at the time.

Also, Jenny in The Darkness, nuff said if you've played it.

The ending to Shadow Hearts: Covenant, too. I didn't play the first one, so I was holding out for a Karin/Yuri couple all the way until I found out...

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
Juan Regular said:
Most depressing game ever. Remake this game without the usual japanese anime stuff, get Uematsu to re-record the score and you have one hell of a game.
The opera scene with this remixed version of the music http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcE1mIBVkm0&feature=related would be pure win. Seriously, done with current day tech that would be one of the most tear jerking, heart string pulling, epic piece of work in a video game in a LONG time.

Chilliman

Mar 7, 2009
When the scout gets hit by a train in tf2.....

K for serious i'd have to say Zack Fair's death in FFVII Crisis core. It made me hate myself. THOSE DAMNED SOLDIERS AT THE END! I KILLED SO MANY BUT NOOOO I HAD TO DIE.

Hmph.

rockingnic

May 6, 2009
End of Halo 3, when Johnson dies... I was like "NOOOOOOoooo...damn it!" He was the coolest and funniest person in most FPS's. Also when Ben Carmine died... Almost forgot this one...when Rico didn't die in Killzone 2! He pissed me off more than anything, I'd rather have Radec as my friend. :p

Juan Regular

Jun 3, 2008
-Seraph- said:
Juan Regular said:
The opera scene with this remixed version of the music http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcE1mIBVkm0&feature=related would be pure win. Seriously, done with current day tech that would be one of the most tear jerking, heart string pulling, epic piece of work in a video game in a LONG time.
Unless they make it Final Fantasy VI-2. Seriously: X-2. That was aweful.
But that score alone is heart-wrenching already. The piano version of it is beautiful too.

TheDoctor455 said:
Most of Silent Hill 2.
Damn, how could I forget?
"I was weak. That's why I needed you..."
Unbelievably good.

And Lisa's death in SH1. Hearing her cry through the door with Not Tomorrow playing is amazingly awful.

BlackJack47

Oct 29, 2008
Shadow of the Colossus...Aggro, my faithful steed, saves you but then falls off a cliff =[

McMarbles

May 7, 2009
Fire Emblem 8: pretty much every time I lost a character. It was so traumatic I stopped playing and never bought another FE game.