What's your strangest computer-related error?

TerribleAssassin

Apr 11, 2010
Jack_Uzi said:
I will always love the: "No keyboard detected, press F(12 or 8?) to continue" Brilliant!!
Ahh, I had that at school, kept us laughing for the entire hour for some reason.

Does this count? On my recovery drive it's got like 3GB space left, but on the C:\ drive it's got more free space but more stuff on it.

Also, tryed using Sam Fisher's googles on the first mission of Double Agent, and my puter BSOD. It also happened when I tried to run TF2 for the first time.

gl1koz3

May 24, 2010
Tiny dirt in PCI-E making all graphics lag like hell.

Unhandled exception in exception handler.

Serious error.

INTERNAL_POWER_FAILURE BSOD while shutting down.

List box item: "[Drag and drop items from this list]", and you can drag and drop it.

Ability to interact with UI while in Windows+TAB mode.

Object variable block or with block not set. (Waaaaaaaaaaaaat? And, yes, I know what this is.)

humor_involuntario

Mar 31, 2010
ERROR
YES NO
happend to me in school, and if you pressed yes, the same window would appear, and if you press no, it ran normaly...
weeeird

General Ken8

May 18, 2009
There was this one point where whenever I tried to go on the internet, my computer displayed a message that said something like this:
"CANNOT CONNECT TO INTERNET, *some program on my computer* IS BEING FAT"
I am NOT kidding you, this actually happened a few times :D

Mellomi

Apr 26, 2010
I have this old MacBook that may or may not have had something spilled on it a long time ago, but now, if I try to use it, the battery is constantly dead (although that's just age), and it either freezes or turns itself off all the damn time. Further, it doesn't like to cooperate when turning on. It may freeze in the process of turning on, the screen stays black, and you can hear the fan really loudly and it sounds funny. When looking this up, I found that this has happened to quite a few people, and there generally isn't a fix. Also, certain keys (in the J, K, and N vicinity) didn't work, but when we got that replaced at least that worked fine.

Serenegoose

Faerie girl in hiding
Mar 17, 2009
Flash was causing my computer to have a bluescreen shutdown which was making me think my PSU was about to die.

I've never heard of that problem before.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
I once got:

ERROR
Windows encountered an error and must shut down.

It happened when I clicked shutdown...

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
I've had screens mirror themselves before...
But that was a cell phone.
OK, two cellphones.

Danzaivar

Jul 13, 2004
On windows 98 the computer happily told me that the graphics card couldn't be found.

It told me this on the monitor plugged into said graphics card.

ThreeKneeNick

Aug 4, 2009
Funny thread. I once booted up my computer to have this screen welcome me:

It's not an error but its so random and confusing. I got worried that i got a virus or something, started scanning my system right away. Then i googled it up and found out that it was an Asus motherboard program. What a fail. :)

-AC80-

Jul 10, 2009
Display Driver Failure. buy the worlds most powerful GPU and get a DDF, ffs ati get your drivers sorted out.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
I once got an error message saying "Error 1 - File Exists". that was pretty hilarious.

Think I have a screenshot of it somewhere.I'll check later.

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
The laptop im using always show the procces running screen before shuting down for a couple of seconds (Win7)

Once i got a computer that wouldn't let me access the BIOS on startup, if found out that i had change a security jumper on the motherboard. Something like that, other computer didn't let me boot from the cd-rom until i reseted the BIOS changing the battery jumper some seconds.

My GF brother laptop MSN didn't logged and my GF told me it was because the date and clock weren't to date, i practically laughed at her, weeks afeter i found out it was true.

When SATA drives just came out i tried to install Windows on a PC but the installation crashed every time until i switched from WIN XP SP2 to a WIN XP SP3 (with sata drivers)

Once upon a time when FAT32 system was around i couldn't get a PC to read a secondary HDD with NTFS because FAT32 doesn't recognize NTFS

I recently replaced a Computer System made with Office 97 because it didn't work on computer with 1GB RAM or more so my client used to have to change RAM memories from his new computers from 1GB to 512+256MB

Tharwen said:
Try using a 64-bit PC to connect to a Microsoft Access database in Visual Basic.NET. Go on, I dare you!

You'll never want to see another error message again...

EDIT: Oh, and my first-gen MacBook would sometimes decide to forget all about that messy 'interactive interface' thing. Anyone who says that Macs have no issues needs to come and use that laptop for a couple of hours.
Try showing a Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 report in a 64 bit PC, or a PrintDialog on a 64 bit PC.

I used to not be able to program a scheduled backup for mysql and it was because the PC needs to have a Windows sesion password for the programmed task to run.

Apr 29, 2010
Sometimes my computer will completely freeze when someone messages me on AIM. Takes like 10 minutes for everything to go back to normal. My personal favorite is when the mouse icon moves by itself. My laptop is haunted, I tell you.