when the hell is half life episode 3 coming out?

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
I think Valve have secretly been spending the budget on scooters for the staff, so that they may zip about the office at a semi-rapid rate.

A shot in the dark? Very much so. However, if it does happen to be true, I totally called it.

Valkyira

Mar 13, 2009
People need to be patient and just wait. I'm sure it will come. I won't buy it though, I find the Half Life series quite over-rated.

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
It died or something who knows no real info about same with a few other games i want

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
LordCuthberton said:
I think people should stop rushing them and wait for the finished product instead of a half-done game.

Just saying.
Indeed.
Does anyone else remember KotOR 2?
Remember how much of a wasted opportunity it was?
Or, what about Alan Wake? It was announced in 2004/5ish, but didn't come out until a few weeks ago, and people are saying that it is game of the year material.
It's better to be patient, because asking ANY gaming company to rush a game is just telling them to fuck it up.

Davrel

Jan 31, 2010
Unless it comes out soon, its going to look veeeery dated unless its on a new engine. I'll still get it, but it will have lost that part of the polish that comes with graphical deliciousness.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
lord death jr said:
seriously Valve

the codes may have been stolen or something
post what you think happened
JUST WAIT, GODDAMMIT!!!!!

What would you prefer, a game to take years and years in development and become the best damn game it could possibly be, or have it come out when you want it, half-finished and on a now outdated engine like Source? Besides, E3 is almost here, so there may be mention of development then from Valve. I doubt it, but seriously, just calm down and wait. I'm sick and tired of hearing people complain about Episode 3.

Skobvs

Nov 26, 2009
With the recent port of the source engine to Mac, I'd say they should bring more info into the light soon. I mean... how many more tf2 DLC do we need... Not to mention L4D3..

I'd say valve has just been busy..

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
The horse in the office ate their only copy of the game.

Also, Gabe's punishing everyone for the fat jokes.

Pielikey

Jul 31, 2009
But they have to make Team Fortress 2 : Episode 1!
Seriously be patient though, they have a lot to do right now. TF2 on the Mac, Engineer Update, Portal 2 is supposed to be released in December. (That was a good one, Valve)

Also I hope that's not the only reason you joined the Escapist.

Anticitizen_Two

Jan 18, 2010
It takes a while to make games. Patience is key.

Welcome to the Escapist! Feel free to try out all of our many features, but don't go in the basement if you know what's good for you.

Cain_Zeros

Nov 13, 2009
What happened? Well, one of the main voice actors died, that's what happened. I'd like to see you not have development slow to a crawl after that.