When was the last time something made you actually cry/tear up?

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I believe it was the movie Eight Below. Somehow I got more attached to those dogs then I do most human characters.

jhoroz

Mar 7, 2012
The ending to Fate/Zero. Not tears of sorrow but tears of joy because the villain in the show finally found his calling in life. Nothing puts a smile on my face like a lost soul rediscovering themselves again.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
Lilly's questline in Katawa Shoujo the night before last. I was thinking in my head how this was the stupidest storyline out of them all and it was really cliche and predictable and- gosh darn it Katawa Shoujo, you've done it to me again.

I tear up pretty easily though. Also teared up on Hanako's storyline and Angels take Manhattan...etc. It's not hard to get me emotionally involved

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
Played Dark Souls recently so... I think the part where

I found Solaire gone mad via demonic leech. Poor guy. Probably the least of a jerk-ass in the entire game. Made worse by the fact that I found out later, you can not only save him but also summon him to tag-team Gwyn. And even MORE, the developers said something along the lines of "we like to believe that if he lives, he goes on to link the fires in his world"

...Yeah.

Manly tears.

There are actually an ass-load of soulcrushingly tragic subplots in that game.

Nooners

Sep 27, 2009
I'd rather not talk about sad times. There's too much sadness and misery in the world as it is.

Happy tears, though? No lie, I was welling up more than a little when I saw "The Review Must Go On", in which the Nostalgia Critic announces his return.

Why? Well, you see, I run a review show of my own: The Punchline with the Comic Strip Critic. I started the show hoping to join That Guy with the Glasses, and watching the king of reviewers step down was a very, very sad day for me. Like an admission that it was done and there wasn't any value anymore. Like I had wasted all my time and effort.

Watching him return was like validation that the reviewing game wasn't over. And for that, I definitely cried a bit. So Doug Walker: I'll see you someday and thank you in person.

For those interested, here's my show:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ComicStripCritic?feature=g-user-u

uchytjes

Mar 19, 2011
AC10 said:
uchytjes said:
While I normally would react with a snarky "can you read?" post to a question like that, I understand that because the name wasn't explicitly stated and the name is kind of odd in it being the name of the main character i'll suspend my snarkyness.

Also, the name is "Kotoura-san". A new romantic comedy this spring that is on episode 4.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
uchytjes said:
AC10 said:
uchytjes said:
While I normally would react with a snarky "can you read?" post to a question like that, I understand that because the name wasn't explicitly stated and the name is kind of odd in it being the name of the main character i'll suspend my snarkyness.

Also, the name is "Kotoura-san". A new romantic comedy this spring that is on episode 4.
Okay, I'll check it out!

My brain did a total failure on that one.
For some reason I thought you wrote "Katoura-san" my brain translated it to Katatori-kun (a user here) so I thought it was like an anime he recommended or something.

No idea why I thought that, because that isn't what you wrote lol.

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
Umm... IDK. Would have been way too long ago to remember. Nothing makes me tear up ever, unless its something that causes me pain IRL like breaking a limb or something. Last time I felt emotional would have to be watching the Boy in Striped Pajamas. Rest of the time its mostly just seeing that yeah, this is an emotional moment, but IDGAF. I can see how others could get emotional over it, but I'm just not feeling it.

Robot Number V

May 15, 2012
Since the list is so small, I'm just going to list everything that has made me tear up:

When Shane killed Lem with the grenade. More people REALLY need to have watched this show.

You know exactly when. It took pretty much all my willpower to get through both the furnace bit and the final scene without openly weeping.

Both endings, though I still think the Evil one is more sad, most notably when you have to kill Zeke. Sucker Punch did a fucking amazing job with those characters and their relationship.

Just reading the phrase "Keep that hair short" earlier in the thread put a lump in my throat.

llew

Sep 9, 2009
Not being the type to cry, this is the closest ive been to crying at anything
[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYhUmD4Hk2A]

Lovely Mixture

Jul 12, 2011
Somehow I didn't realize this thread had been started by the OP watching Kotoura. Indeed, that first episode hits fucking hard for an anime based off a 4koma.