When was the last time you cried and/or teared up during a video game?

HappyZealot

Dec 26, 2007
The ending scene in Ocarina of time.

I also cried when I opened up the Blizzard homepage about an year ago and saw the Starcraft 2 Logo. Tears of joy.

ResidentEman

May 7, 2008
Killing the companion cube made me really sad, and the end of DMC3 when Vergil jumps off the cliff made me tear up a little. Same with MGS3 at the end. And this might not have happened to anyone but me, but in COD2, I was running for cover in one of the Normandy missions, and the soldier next to me fell dead. Then I took cover in a crater and looked at his body next to me, with his glassy eyes still open and his slack form draped over the edge. A tear rolled down my cheek because I thought about how often something like that happened in the real World War II. Then I wiped away the tear, and extracted my revenge on the Germans who shot him with my sniper rifle.

ResidentEman

May 7, 2008
Oh, and I just remembered Jenny's death from The Darkness too. I made sure to put an entire magazine into Uncle Paulie for that!

RowdyRukia

Mar 9, 2008
hmmm last time i teared up was when i FINALLY beat Dr. Cid in FFXII. my many failures made me feel like i didnt deserve to play games at all...it was horrific! once i defeated that asshole, i tried to find a real person i could talk to about it....ok fine, BRAG..but no such luck. i had to keep my excitement to a minimum, in order to avoid awkward stares, and perhaps a trip to jail. Dr. Cid, u are one evil S.O.B

Rabid Toilet

Mar 23, 2008
As many people have said, the ending of MGS3 was fucking beautiful. While I didn't quite cry, I was definitely tearing up by the time Snake was setting the flowers on The Boss' grave.

In Lost Odyssey, when your daughter dies, I was crying like a baby. Honestly, that moment in itself was on par with plenty of big emotional movies. Too bad they had to completely ruin the entire thing by making her funeral a giant minigame.

Prozoquel

May 14, 2008
I'm a pretty emotional person and games often make me feel strong sadness or depression, but the only tears I've ever shed were actually tears of happiness at the end of Final Fantasy X-2. I know, it wasn't even that good of a game, but the good ending when Tidus and Yuna are finally reunited, I was so pumped I actually started crying.

But as for feeling choked up or maybe getting watering up a bit, here's some others:
- FF X's ending, powerful stuff.
- The Ocarina of Time opening. That song, and Link riding around Hyrule Field, brings back some serious nostalgia.
- The entire game of Silent Hill 2. It has the most depressing, hopeless feel that a game has ever had. It's really on a level of its own.
- KOTOR 2, when you learn that you have to leave behind all your friends and followers and go into the Unkown Regions by yourself. That game had an awesome cast of characters, the only thing that held it back was all the irritating glitches.
- The first KOTOR, killing Mission and Jolee if you go Dark Side. Don't get me wrong, I love DS, but those two characters rocked, I hated seeing them die.
- And of course, Shadow of the Colossus' ending. That was so masterfully done, and is probably the saddest ending ever to a game. The once bad*** horse Agro gets crippled, and the main character gets TURNED INTO A BABY, and even though he did save the girl, he never knows it. And then, though they were once lovers, she becomes like his mother at the end.

And to all of you who say that men don't cry and all that bull****, I think that crying is the ultimate form of human emotion, and to deny that is to deny your humanity. Just my two cents.

ti_red

May 14, 2008
nilpferdkoenig said:
hahahahahhahahahhaha

That being said, the only video game that ever emotionally hit me was HL2:E2 when Eli died. Really sucked. The Half-life series is like staring in your own action sci-fi adventure.

Not From Antarctica

May 12, 2008
ti_red said:
nilpferdkoenig said:
hahahahahhahahahhaha

That being said, the only video game that ever emotionally hit me was HL2:E2 when Eli died. Really sucked. The Half-life series is like staring in your own action sci-fi adventure.
That was pretty sad, But theres only 2 things that ACTUALY made me feel pity for the people who die in games (because most of them are just smug asshats who SHOULD die) 1. Eli, liek you said. 2. That bit in final fantasy when that guy got all killed with the whole emoltional thing.

carlosvader77

May 7, 2008
Someone mentioned already:

Silent Hill 2, if you get deep into the story it's a game that stirs up emotions. It can mess up your mind for a while. No other game has that range of emotions.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for sure! That opening sequence, simple yet so compeling and nostalgic. As a matter of fact, when you finish the game it's sad to know you just played one of the best videogames ever, and it's over.

felixader

Feb 24, 2008
Grandia2 on Dreamcast. I just loved the whole gameplay and story.

There were several situations were you could get caugth in tears.

That game was just so freaking awesome and i never played an actual RPG with such an genious realtime battle system and a so damn emotional story.

I just wished my Dreamcast would not have gone broken.

Lewi180

May 15, 2008
Halo 3 ending was kind of emotional i suppose, its the music that gets me.

But yeh, apart from that the ending to oblivion is teary and HOW COULD YOU forget the ending to COD4? :eek:

Senor Smoke21

May 23, 2008
cant say iv ever cried
but watching my teammates die around me at the end of COD4... upsetting nonthless
curse you Zakahev you sneaky russian bastard! CUUURSE YOOOU!