When was the last time you cried and/or teared up during a video game?

gigastrike

Jul 13, 2008
Well, I cried tears of joy when my first Spore civilization discovered fire. Does that count?

friedmetroid

Jul 4, 2008
When I played Gradius: Galaxies as a preteen, I sort of teared up when I realised there was no way my little space ship was going to escape from the exploding station... I guess it seemed noble and heroic at the time.

Also the endings of Halo 1 and Mass Effect, like some other people said.

And in KotOR, I teared up a bit when I had to kill Bastila (I know there are plenty of ways out of killing her, but I was roleplaying dammit <_<)

Badabinski

May 7, 2008
I teared up pretty bad at the end of Episode 2. Dunno why really. I guess it's sort of like crying when Tom Hanks loses Wilson or something.

Aardvark

Sep 9, 2008
I didn't cry, but was immensely saddened when Dogmeat, for reasons unknown to me, decided to run through a forcefield just after surviving being raked by a minigun. Kzzt.

Reloading to try again got him splattered by a rocket. That's when I realised he would be better off someplace where Ian couldn't shoot him in the butt.

poleboy

May 19, 2008
Altorin post=9.54186.713654 said:
the last one that I can clearly remember was the scene in Final Fantasy 6 where Celes jumps off the cliff
Me too. I can't believe how much emotion they got out of those chubby little 2D pixel-men. The final bit with Rachel and Locke got me too... I love that story.

Aeris is pretty bad too... and yeah, they really nailed that moment with the music.

stormcaller

Sep 6, 2008
I've never really cried in a game (unless pokemon counts when it takes 4 hours to catch one pokemon) but I got kinda close in Fable when the town gets raided and they show the painting thing where everyone dies.

Ritz Dijuto

Sep 15, 2008
Well...Here's a list.

When I finally got through Mel's Atelier on Threads of Fate the first time. I swear it took my months of endless frustration to get past that...

When I beat the first and second quests and the first one again on both The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Seasons, and realized there wasn't any more to play.

Then I discovered Link's Awakening DX and all was fine.

After that I'd say it'd be when a Pokemon save file I'd put years of off-and-on work into ( a Silver version file) spontaneously erased itself.

...And I might've cried when my PS1 memory card got amnesia.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
I probebly said the same thing in this thread, and if not I'm 100% sure that other people have said it, but the ending of MGS4 had me crying like a baby.

Unfortunately, my friend was right next to me and said that I wasn't actually crying.

The heartless bastard...

DrPatman

Sep 15, 2008
GTA4 Made me really sad after i learned the consequences of my actions for getting revenge on dmitiri, but i never cried. I also felt really sad at the end of assassin's creed, but again i didn't cry. In fact, I don't recall crying over a video game ever...

PersianLlama

Aug 31, 2008
Haven't ever cried in a video game, movie, or family death, I don't know why. I just think in my head "What the hell will crying do for me?" and I continue.

Edit: Not a game, but I did almost cry at the end of American History X.