When was the last time you cried and/or teared up during a video game?

goestoeleven

Aug 3, 2007
Most recent - the ending of ICO.

Also, someone mentioned Passage - that was masterful and definitely made me tear up.

The big choice in Mass Effect. You know the one. That was pretty intense.

RPJesus

Nov 20, 2007
Elite Beat Agents. The Christmas mission. Prolly wouldn't have been quite as bad if the rest of the viginettes weren't so campy.

Bishop99999999

Dec 6, 2007
Actually, the part in Bioshock right after you leave Dr. Tennenbaum gets to me. When you walk into a broad, ruined walkway lit by the ocean, and the sad music is playing. The people inside it may be nuts, but Rapture was magnificent in its height.

Dr Faust

Dec 9, 2007
Limasol said:
At the end of FF9 when the crystal spins and then the title comes up again as you pan away from the city. I welled up a bit then because i wanted to keep watching those character's lives for ever, i was probs only 13 at the time, i cant remember how long ago that was now.
That's really funny to me, because the only character whose story I found the least bit interesting was Freya. I seem to recall her story being wrapped up pretty early in the game, too.

SPOILERS: Seems like a recurring theme in that game was coming to terms with the past, but none of the big reveals were all that surprising to me. Garnet was adopted. Who didn't see that coming in the first five minutes. It was the VERY FIRST thought in my head when Garnet said the word "Mother." They might have made more compelling characters if they were a little more subtle. But I mean... elephant lady and the babe...

Razzle Bathbone

Sep 12, 2007
RPJesus said:
Elite Beat Agents. The Christmas mission. Prolly wouldn't have been quite as bad if the rest of the viginettes weren't so campy.
Oh my god. I totally forgot about EBA.
Those bastards made me get choked up listening to fucking Chicago. Damn them all to hell. Cheapest, schmaltziest tear-jerker tactics imaginable and they fucking got me. Damn them!

Now where's EBA2 already?

Surge

Feb 9, 2008
The end of the chapter "Shock and Awe" in Call of Duty 4.

Ironically, the same moment Yahtzee points out in the latest Zero Punctuation.

I didn't BAWWWWWW cry, I just sort of teared a bit. So much trouble in that chapter, and for nothing really.

Also, the pre-credits ending was pretty vicious on ones' emotions too. It was a very intense moment, but once you were being saved, looking over and seeing...well, play it and you'll find out.

Haliwali

Jan 29, 2008
AHHH. This forum needs a spoiler cover for text. Just need to put something like KoTOR 2 ------------------------------------(spoiler covered up)
I just lost interest in a ton of games on accident. SO MAKE SURE YOU MAKE IT CLEAR A SPOILER IS COMING!

Ixus Illwrath

Feb 9, 2008
I usually don't cry, but I did get the ol' lump-in-the-throat about 1000 times in FF:Tactics. Takes some amazing writing to choke someone up in a turn-based strategy game.

-And I retract my previous statement. I /cry every time I do a /played in WoW.

nightfish

Nov 7, 2007
Resident Evil 1 everytime I die

considering how the saves in that game works, it means I often had to do things over and over again

Esmoreit

Oct 10, 2007
I too usually get the proverbial lump. Teary, not so much (it does happen though.. a week ago I rewatched Band of Brothers and the work camp scene in "Why we fight"... damn.)

But that lump... I've felt it at several Games. Episode 2 has been mentioned reightfully, I remember the Starfox 64 ending (Dad?!) etc. I'd like to add:

Super Mario Galaxy. Perhaps a weird choice but Rosalina's story had me pretty choked up, especially that part about her mother, off course.

Ocarina of Time. Perhaps it was the slew of emotions. I was 12 when I played it, for days on end. The final showdown had me quivering on the couch for at least half an hour and when I finally managed to beat Ganon it felt like a weight dropped of my shoulders. Then the ending credits showed everyone partying except King Zora en the Kokiri leader mourning over their "loss" of their daughter/friend respectfully... that dealt the first blow. But when the last scene rolled in before the end screen, where the music swells, while Navi flies of and Link steps down from the altar... that was a hard moment...

Piorn

Dec 26, 2007
Tunaphish6 said:
The part in Shadow of Colossus where you thought your horse died in the gorge..........
Agreed,even though I always got angry about Agro running too slow, against trees or something else,this scene really hit me.

CosmicGrenade

Feb 11, 2008
FF7 - Aerith
That one always get me.

The first silent hill just scared the crap outta me (especially those babies in the school)

Also COD4 when the nuke goes off.... that moved me abit

but FF7 All the way

Senor Pantz

Dec 8, 2007
I wouldn't say I cried but yea, mission 3 in homeworld and the first 2 endings to max payne 2 were emotional. And yea Viconia really got shafted no matter what happened.

The ending to "out of this world" made me feel a bit sad too, you never really know what happened.

Organization_XIII

Feb 11, 2008
Is there something I'm missing in Final Fantasy VII? So a blocky figure stabs another blocky figure with a 9 foot long sword and the obvious lack of blood ensues after said stabbing. I never liked the character, so I'm glad Sephiroth did away with her. There was nothing to cry over unless you are an emotional woman.