When was the last time you cried and/or teared up during a video game?

PDizzle418

Mar 6, 2008
The closest I ever got to crying was during the good ending of Bioshock

for some reason I was actually touched by the story and the love shown between the main character and his adopted daughters

especially since you could have been a douche and had everything you ever wanted but instead chose to help these little girls

I always love playing video games that have a sweet as hell air strike scene in it. like you finish defending after 10-15 min and as your about to be overwhelmed the entire area just lights up with bombs and artillery fire. I just have to stop and say holy balls... it's good to be an American

doomgaze3

Nov 29, 2007
The ending to Kingdom Hearts 2. Completely dazzling, heartwrenchingly beautiful and a perfect ending to a fantastic story arc.

Shade Azuna

May 1, 2008
Sadly, the last time I cried during a video game was at the end of some of the Phoenix Wright/Apollo Justice cases, particularly at the very end of Trials and Tribulations. It's kind of pathetic, but hey... it was kinda sad.

BioBeast

Dec 30, 2007
I haven't ever had tears streaming down my face over a video game (books, a different matter), but I did find the AA Tower/Bomb Site mission in Mass Effect sad. I teared up a little, but that was it.

Daegen

Jan 23, 2008
Pssh, I'm sure it's been said, but, when Aries dies in Final Fantasy VII.

Also the scenes where Squall rescues Rinoa and the return to the planet on the Ragnorok are pretty touching, especially with Eyes On Me playing in the background.

Also, when Rena finds out that she's not 19, and actually 20,000 years old in Star Ocean the 2nd Story, and she curls up into Claude and cries because her world is falling apart. (And was literally destroyed)

DaftWarhol

Apr 24, 2008
I haven't really teared up/cried per se, but at the end of the COD4 single player, when you're doing your last stand and everyone around you dies, I have to admit I was all "WHAT THE FUCK!!! NOOO!!!! FUCK YOU TERRORISM!"

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
When I had one person left to throw off the arena in 100 man brawl, and then I accdently fell off...

Oh, your talking about "emotional" moments and not "frustrating" moments....

wilsonscrazybed said:
I cried about halfway through the first level of fallout: tactics. That's about the time I realized that the franchise was officially dead.
Fallout: Tactics was excusable though, because it wasn't an "official sequel" - just a spinoff.

Mar 26, 2008
The time I've cried because of a game is over the "good ending" in Bioshock. It was so touching; and I have a little daughter which only made it even more emotional for me.
Even if I watch it on Youtube it gets to me.

tchor82

May 1, 2008
The ending to Hotel Dusk: Room 215 for the DS had me really close to tears. Then I completed the hidden mini game that gives the full ending and that was the last straw.

JackofTrades

Apr 27, 2008
End of Halo 3, that was pretty sad how chief drifted through space at the end (in the other half of the ship)

RazielDethAngel

Jan 22, 2008
I haven't but LoK has certainly made me feel despair. Oh and in any game if a character kills someone I like I will go on and all out war with them. This will actually have me start narrating against the bastard. THis happens quite often actually. Oh and in the end I try to finish it with a flashy move.

JamesCG

May 3, 2008
Upon seeing this thread I took it upon myself to send this question out to all the people on my Xbox Live friends list and then turn off the 360 and check my message inbox again later, just to gauge how much stupid people there are in the world. And the result is: One..........(Dots), and one smart human who took this seriously and didn't bash me, actually agreeing with me on the Bioshock thing.

Two replies out of 100 people? Not very promising.

Anyway, the good ending to Bioshock really did bring me to tears. I'm a sensitive guy.
Also, I would have to say the ending to FFX nearly made me cry. It was sad...

I'm sure there was another, because something is clawing at my mind, but I will post when I remember it.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
For some reason, i let myself drift too much into my emotions and I start thinking about the video game characters possible families i would be affecting if i killed the person.

I don't know why, but every time i'm going to shoot someone, and they are cowering in fear yelling "I don't wana die!" it always just wrecks my gut! Though then i just kill them and move on. But it does make me think way too much.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
When I found out what happened to Erana.
I was a little emotional then.

Froce

Apr 27, 2008
Games that almost made me tear up.

1.Kane and Lynch
2.Lost Odyssey
3.CoD 3
4.CoD 4
5.Yoshi Touch and Go, it sucked so bad.

GothmogII

Possessor Of Hats
Apr 6, 2008
Teared up a little after beating a Sour Shellybean half to death with a jagged shovel.
Now...I was under the impression that sour piñata were bad for my garden, and true enough
they are, but, as I'd just got the game, I didn't realise you could make them good.

So, my first response was to whack it to pieces with the shovel...two whacks and the piñata lay on it's side, and began to make the most pitiful whimper I'd ever heard. I felt really really bad then for having crippled the piñata like like that, and almost started crying a bit.
Then of course, I realised I couldn't make it better in this state, and it's whimpering continued. So, my only choice left was to mercifully end it's life. Having done so, I made sure to pick up all the tainted candy lest my other piñata eat it and get sick.
Thus I vowed from that day onward, to never raise my shovel in anger again!

Sasha Janre

Apr 30, 2008
Revelations to the characters that Neku partners up with in "The world ends with you", and with Neku himself.

Also, the ending to FFX. I was just hit so hard by the story since I had gotten so emotionally attached to it. Auron's theme music was really powerful in a cool way when you first met him then at the end it was so sad and strong. <3

I didn't cry when Aerith died when I first played FF7. It made me laugh because I was a terrible person. XD; I fully admit that.