When was the last time you teared up in a game?

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
The latest time I played FFVII. There has never been a time watching Aeris get killed that I hadn't shed at least one tear.

RyQ_TMC

Apr 24, 2009
Never actually teared up, but the ending to Red Dead Redemption moved me immensely.

And it's fair to say that the unveiling of Normandy SR-2 quickened my heartbeat as well.

IzisviAziria

Nov 9, 2008
I don't think I've ever actually teared up from a game, but Red Dead Redemption came close. When you finish the first half and you're riding through Mexico, and that song is playing...

There's story stuff and context that goes into it, which I can't exactly remember since it was a year and a half ago but I remember that part made me really see how far games have come in the direction of being an artistic medium.

Pig Mazurka

Mar 28, 2011
RyQ_TMC said:
Never actually teared up, but the ending to Red Dead Redemption moved me immensely.

And it's fair to say that the unveiling of Normandy SR-2 quickened my heartbeat as well.
The "ending"? Or the actual bit that caused the credits to roll?

As for me, I'd have to say RDR as well, and for me it was the "ending". I refuse to say what actually happens for the fear that someone who is playing RDR currently isn't there yet... I couldn't live with myself if I spoiled that for someone.

The Elcor Batman

Jun 9, 2011
The last time i teared up was when i finished Portal 2. i've not yet figured out why exactly, but it was powerful enough at the end to make me have to compose myself a bit.

No specific points, just the game as a whole really got to me.

RyQ_TMC

Apr 24, 2009
Pig Mazurka said:
The "ending"? Or the actual bit that caused the credits to roll?

As for me, I'd have to say RDR as well, and for me it was the "ending". I refuse to say what actually happens for the fear that someone who is playing RDR currently isn't there yet... I couldn't live with myself if I spoiled that for someone.
Yeah, I mean the pre-credits bit. Just remembered it's not the actual end of the plot. And spoiling that would be a crime.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
RDR, riding home to the ranch with that music, and... we'll you know that bit later on
the shoot out at the ranch

oh and infamous 2 evil ending
making me kill Zeke broke my heart

Seventh Actuality

Apr 23, 2010
The epilogue I got for Dragon Age Origins really got to me.

My Warden died, and Morrigan went off pregnant with his non-daemonic child. The part where Sten refers to him as the only human he met worthy of respect got me too.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
The Elcor Batman said:
The last time i teared up was when i finished Portal 2. i've not yet figured out why exactly, but it was powerful enough at the end to make me have to compose myself a bit.

No specific points, just the game as a whole really got to me.

That bit was very good ^^

Saika Renegade

Nov 18, 2009
Most recently, playing through Metal Gear Solid 3 again to the end.

The whole ending, really, was quite emotional (and also pretty mind-screwy, but this is MGS after all), but it's hard not to tear up alongside Big Boss when you read nine simple words on a gravestone. "In memory of a patriot who saved the world." Especially when you realize the scope of what had happened to bring everyone to that point.

Febel

Jul 16, 2010
MGS3. The death of The Boss...*SOB* goddamn. That is the only game that's ever had me bawling by the end.

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
Suikoden in Milich's castle;

When Gremio sacrafices his life and is eaten alive by the man-eating spores but carries on talking to you while its happening. You then get the moving scene where its just his cloak and axe left on the floor when you go back - touching stuff!

but;

You feel better when he gets resurrected at the end (if you got all the Stars) :D

PoweD

Mar 26, 2009
Mafia 2.I shit you not.
I felt an attachment to both of the characters.
I rather have Vito die than Joe

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
few days ago. I'm playing Final Fantasy VIII for the first time and finally got to hear "Eyes On Me" with the proper back story playing in my head as the song played. damn. I always knew the song was good, but I didn't know it was THAT good.

last "Current Gen" game? Probably Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (I know technically it is a Gamecube game, but technically it was released on the Wii first). Link's reunion with Ilia... bittersweet to say the least. that would have been almost 5 years ago? that can't be right...

I was going to say Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep, but I don't remember tearing up... I think I did but I don't remember. I must have teared up while playing other games but they just weren't as memorable.

just looked over my gaming library and nothing. So the last current gen game that got tears in my eyes was Twilight Princess and last game (no clause) was Final Fantasy VIII.

MisterShine

Him Diamond
Mar 9, 2010
Dragon Age 2

When your mother is murdered. After the mission is finished it cuts back to you in the house, sitting in a heap by your bed. You LI comes in the room (Merrill for me), trying to comfort you, though she knows she's terrible at it. The Sarcasm!Hawke response is something along the lines of "Well you know the house was getting full anyway", with a slight crack in her voice at the end. The woman who does FemHawke fucking nails a person who is usually so funny and out there trying to stay upbeat, even after she's been powerless to save her family, one after the other. And now Merrill and her other friends are the only thing she has left. That hit me like a truck.

The rest of the game I stayed Sarcastic, but it always sounded like she was trying to be funny, she didn't feel funny. Also the only one of maybe 2 or 3 times I used the aggressive option, when that ***** Meredith had the GALL to fucking tell me that it was blood mages who murdered my mother, and that's why I should help her instead. Glad Hawke told her to buzz the fuck off. Also, cue the roaring rampage of revenge against Orsino when that duplicitous shit revealed he HAD been working with the blood mage who killed your mother.

Shit that was a good game.