When you're nervous/anxious...

Megalodon

May 14, 2010
My language becomes substantially more profane without me realising it, this is a really, really bad thing during interviews.

Vampire cat

Apocalypse Meow
Apr 21, 2010
Girl With One Eye said:
Jaranja said:
Oh, don't worry. I've found out how to cope with my anxiety issues. I just have to talk to my friends, which is what I did.

Although, I accept that my anxiety will get worse the nearer it gets to when I'm leaving (6th October). I'm going to see my girlfriend for the first time so... Yeah... Nervous as hell.

Well I'm glad you've found a way to cope! And you should be excited meeting your girlfriend! Goodluck :)
No he shouldn't >>. I'm the one who's sposed to be nervous here! *shakes fist at Jaranja*

Lust

Mar 23, 2010
I usually bite my fingernails or the skin on my fingers. Other times I get restless.

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
Suki the Cat said:
Girl With One Eye said:
Jaranja said:
Oh, don't worry. I've found out how to cope with my anxiety issues. I just have to talk to my friends, which is what I did.

Although, I accept that my anxiety will get worse the nearer it gets to when I'm leaving (6th October). I'm going to see my girlfriend for the first time so... Yeah... Nervous as hell.

Well I'm glad you've found a way to cope! And you should be excited meeting your girlfriend! Goodluck :)
No he shouldn't >>. I'm the one who's sposed to be nervous here! *shakes fist at Jaranja*
We're both nervous, you silly person!

I mean... It's not like I'm going to get there, tie you up, put you in the boot of a car then drive that car over a cliff... Heh

ddon

Jun 29, 2009
Normally my head starts feeling hot and my hand moves towards my neck, but I am sure there are a lot of people who do that when nervous.

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
If it's something important, I just feel scared. That's it. I'm usually pretty good under pressure.

I forget where I heard this, but it's helped me out(probably from a movie). I'm paraphrasing btw, as I don't remember the exact quote:
When you're facing something frightening, don't run away from the fear. Let yourself freak out all you want for 5 seconds. Count down from five, letting the fear take over. Once you get done counting, put it out of your mind and do what you've got to do.

Basically, I sit back and take a good look at everything. I don't stop myself from being nervous or scared. Once I've got a good enough understanding of the situation, I take a deep breath and do what I have to do. I can continue to freak out when I'm done.
Emotions tend to cripple people. If you can control yours, things tend to go better. Though people tend to think of you as a heartless bastard.

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
When I get nervous/anxious. I bit my nails, pace a lot and go a liitle OCD.

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
I tap my foot, then realise "they cannot know that I am anxious if I do not let them now", then I just kinda stop being anxious. It definitely helps with being more open and generally more pleasant to people, but that doesn't mean I suddenly become super-charming or know what to say. It just makes me feel better. Which is still very useful.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
I always get sick in the stomach, which is really annoying since I can't eat. Another thing is if I'm nervous about somthing I can't relax or do anything except worry about that I'm nervous about

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
I stab my finger nails into the palms of my hand to make sure I don't hallucinate.

Vampire cat

Apocalypse Meow
Apr 21, 2010
Jaranja said:
Suki the Cat said:
Girl With One Eye said:
Jaranja said:

I mean... It's not like I'm going to get there, tie you up, put you in the boot of a car then drive that car over a cliff... Heh
*suddenly feels terrified*

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
Suki the Cat said:
Jaranja said:
Suki the Cat said:
Girl With One Eye said:
Jaranja said:

*suddenly feels terrified*
What?

Oh... That last bit was meant for someone else! Honest!

Tanto-chan

Nov 9, 2009
I do a few things depending on the situation and the level of stress I feel. I'll bite at the first knuckle on my right hand a bit. I'll play with my rings. I'll tap my foot of move my leg really fast. I won't be able to keep still. I pace (tho that's happening less and less since pacing is a dead givaway that I'm nervous so I try not to do it so much). And I'll bite at the inside of my mouth neat the corners of my lips.

shadyh8er

Apr 28, 2010
I keep a calm exterior, but in my head I'll probably be thinking something like "OH GOD! WHAT AM I GONNA DO!? THERE'S NO TIME TO THINK! AAAAAAAAH!"

Not those words exactly, just the gist.

Berlioz

Aug 2, 2010
I don't sweat profusely, but my sweat starts to stink immensely.

Besides that, I might get belly aches (either stomach or intestines), numbness of the hands, sometimes hallucinations (visual, auditory or both), heart rate increases dramatically and every heartbeat hurts, possibly a panic attack, chaos in my head (in the form of voices, shouts, or plain clusterfuck).

Stoogie

Sep 30, 2010
Jaranja said:
Sentence in bold is what I'm asking.

There are some general symptoms for being nervous or anxiety like:
Nail-biting
Hairs falling out (not all of them, obviously)
Stomach aches/feeling sick.

Of course, there are more but I wanted to know what happens to you when something big's coming up that you're worried or nervous about.

For me, I get the first and third of the above symptoms and I sweat like a beast. Also, there are the dreams I get; usually of me pulling my nails or skin off.
Dude there is over 100 symptoms to anxiety. Most common ones are: Heart palpitations, racing heart; Muscles that vibrate, jitter, tremor, or shake when used; Unsteadiness, dizziness, feeling dizzy or lightheaded; lack of concentration; some people also sweat more; and also blushing; also fear of being in front of people making u want to run away like agoraphobic symptons.

and also there have been some cases where people exposed to too much anxiety turn schizophrenic, so don't push yourself too far.

thats about it really

Stoogie

Sep 30, 2010
but yea umm nervousness alot of symptoms there too but my main ones are from thinking too much about it and about negative thoughts of outcomes of the upcoming event, and the same ones as anxiety the shaking muscles and increased heart rate.

Nietz

Dec 1, 2009
I'm generally a quite calm and collected guy. There is not many things that really make me nervous. But when those few do, I tend to become hyper-active. Like I can't stop moving and I get obsessive-compulsive over the thing I'm nervous about.