When you're nervous/anxious...

james0192

Meh!
Oct 12, 2009
I shake, start to feel sick and dizzy, racing heart, pace around a lot, cant concentrate on anything, I have to try and constantly reasure myself, i try to think of ways to get out of a situation, thinking of the ways something could go wrong/be embarrassing, get paranoid about every small detail and if it involves going somewhere i HAVE to be early.
Oh and it only takes the smallest of things to make me like that, yeah i've got some issues methinks.

Devious Boomer

Nov 18, 2009
When I feel nervous I become restless, bite my nails/lips, tap my foot rapidly, look around sporadically and may even start swearing or become violent if hindered. Depending on the consequences, my vision can start swaying wildly and hearing start to ring, whilst everything else becomes muffled. I can get paranoid very easily and when I reach that event horizon, it's all down the slippery slope from there.
You should see me when I talk to girls. :0
Also, after intense gaming sessions, my upper lip tends to bleed.

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
When I was REALLY scared, once, I lost my appetite the meal before I headed off to give a big presentation to an auditorium full of people, including all my friends, family and the chap from The Apprentice who advises Sir Alan Sugar.

Usually, I just get a bit shaky. I used to get a shaky voice, but then I got so used to speaking to large audiences (see above example) that if I'm really unsure as of what I'm saying (i.e. I haven't prepared something) and it's off the top of my head, I'll probably get a bit less coherent

When Forewarned of public speaking: "The fact remains that we cannot continue in this situation"

When spontaneously in public speaking situation: "So, basically, this can't really go on, can't it, really? It's not good."

child of lileth

The Norway Italian
Jun 10, 2009
I'll just get extreme anxiety. Kinda depends on what exactly is happening though, so I can't get a specific example.

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
Very tense, as in very little movement. And when I do it tends to be either spastic or extremely stiff.

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
I get worried. It's a fairly obvious symptom, I find enjoyment more difficult.

What do I do? The day before my GCSE results, I put together a playlist of all my favourite music and just listened to it, straight through, from about nine in the evening through to one in the morning.
Worked well.

Jacob.A.

Dec 17, 2009
I ussualy get and increased heart rate that I can't reduce no matter how hard I try thoughs relaxing activity things. I only ever get that from something that requires me to preform or say something in public. I get over it and go through it in the end but I never at first like it.