When you're nervous/anxious...

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
Sentence in bold is what I'm asking.

There are some general symptoms for being nervous or anxiety like:
Nail-biting
Hairs falling out (not all of them, obviously)
Stomach aches/feeling sick.

Of course, there are more but I wanted to know what happens to you when something big's coming up that you're worried or nervous about.

For me, I get the first and third of the above symptoms and I sweat like a beast. Also, there are the dreams I get; usually of me pulling my nails or skin off.

Girl With One Eye

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
Jun 2, 2010
Butterflies in my stomach, sweaty hands, feeling sick and dizzy, shaking of hands/legs, feeling like I can't breathe and the occasional panic attack. Yeah I have anxiety issues.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
I either start arguing with myself inside my head, or start having anxiety attacks. I often prefer the former to happen though

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
I fart helium.....

Ok, I get really dry throat/mouth, and the odd time I sweat quite badly

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
I don't really get nervous/anxious over an event, I can keep my cool and go into it with a clear mind.

Betancore

Apr 23, 2010
I shiver. A lot. And I usually can't stop moving. I get really flustered, and I can't sit still, so I try to get up and do something. But since I'm all jittery and keyed up, I can't do anything properly. Also, I have a screwed up thyroid, so my resting heart rate is pretty high. It gets even higher when I'm agitated and nervous.

Generally, stress/lack of sleep makes my hair fall out too, but I have a pretty thick head of hair (thanks Dad) so I'm not too worried about it yet.

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
Girl With One Eye said:
Butterflies in my stomach, sweaty hands, feeling sick and dizzy, shaking of hands/legs, feeling like I can't breathe and the occasional panic attack. Yeah I have anxiety issues.
You're not alone. I have paranoia and, just yesterday, I had a panic attack. All because I'm going out of the country on my own in under a week.

Eddikins

Jul 1, 2010
Girl With One Eye said:
Im exactly the same as this.

The last interview for a job i had, the day it was i woke up and immediately had to go to the toilet because i had started gagging o.o

Girl With One Eye

Jun 2, 2010
Jaranja said:
Girl With One Eye said:
You're not alone. I have paranoia and, just yesterday, I had a panic attack. All because I'm going out of the country on my own in under a week.
Don't feel bad, I get anxiety over a lot of things. Nearly had a panic attack today because I thought I was going to be late for a job interview, when I actually got there early!

I used to go to a group therapy for anixety management and it helped a lot, I find that 'self talk' can help. Just keep telling yourself that everything is ok, talk as if you would comfort a friend. Hope this helps :)

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
Jaranja said:
SonicWaffle said:
I drink until I can't feel feelings anymore!
I was looking for the problem not your 'solution'.
Of course, there are more but I wanted to know what happens to you when something big's coming up that you're worried or nervous about.
That is what happens to me. I get an overriding urge to get off my face and stop worrying.

Fine, fine, if you want physical symptoms, I get a tight feeling in my gut like a solid weight is sitting there. If I allow myself to dwell on what's coming, my heart rate increases immensely and I start to freak out that I'll have a heart attack. It becomes harder to breathe, and I start to get a tingling in my hands and feet. Pretty standard panic attack, really. Like I said, calming down and having a drink (the latter generally causing a release of tension and a warm, happy feeling, relieving the stress) pretty much cuts it off before it begins, though, so where possible it's generally the best method of not freaking the fuck out.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Usually the nail-biting, sweating, stomach ache etc. In more extreme cases I may have full out anxiety attacks which may or may not include throwing things.

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
Girl With One Eye said:
Jaranja said:
Girl With One Eye said:
Don't feel bad, I get anxiety over a lot of things. Nearly had a panic attack today because I thought I was going to be late for a job interview, when I actually got there early!

I used to go to a group therapy for anixety management and it helped a lot, I find that 'self talk' can help. Just keep telling yourself that everything is ok, talk as if you would comfort a friend. Hope this helps :)
Oh, don't worry. I've found out how to cope with my anxiety issues. I just have to talk to my friends, which is what I did.

Although, I accept that my anxiety will get worse the nearer it gets to when I'm leaving (6th October). I'm going to see my girlfriend for the first time so... Yeah... Nervous as hell.

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
I talk about shoes :x Doesn't work so well when there's no shoestores around, or either myself or company aren't wearing particularly nice shoes :x

Also doesn't work when it's just me talking about shoes.

That's generally how I feel if someone makes me nervous :x

If something makes me nervous. Say an important business meeting. I tend to sink into my chair as a collection of my superiors and colleagues gather around talking about figures and I'm left there with nothing useful to say hoping nobody will call me up to give any detailed information because then I'd really have to pull something out of thin air.

And I'm not good at that.

So if something makes me nervous I try to go invisible o.o

Girl With One Eye

Jun 2, 2010
Jaranja said:
Oh, don't worry. I've found out how to cope with my anxiety issues. I just have to talk to my friends, which is what I did.

Although, I accept that my anxiety will get worse the nearer it gets to when I'm leaving (6th October). I'm going to see my girlfriend for the first time so... Yeah... Nervous as hell.

Well I'm glad you've found a way to cope! And you should be excited meeting your girlfriend! Goodluck :)

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
I've got an anxiety disorder and subsequent depression.

Most every thing makes me panic.

Main symptoms are a fast heart rate, dizziness, sweatiness and a feeling of being very hot, nausea, blurred vision and sensitivity to bright light.

My antidepressants give me vivid, disturbing dreams, too.

Fun stuff.