Where can I find that Critical Miss Web-Comic?

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Because I can't seem to find it anywhere on the internet. All if it is removed from this site.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Indeed it has. Maybe he doesn't check the forums much anymore. Try using the Contact us button at the bottom of the page?
I think at this point Critical Miss has been erased from the Internet. I mean a lot of older Escapist content has vanished and no longer preserved. Some old moviebob stuff is gone.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
So, Cory and Carter fell off the face of the Earth. No one even bothered to archive the comic it seems. Right now I’m smiling a big old smile for very petty reasons but we take our power trips where we can.

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
So, Cory and Carter fell off the face of the Earth. No one even bothered to archive the comic it seems. Right now I’m smiling a big old smile for very petty reasons but we take our power trips where we can.
Grey got deported from Canada and works for the NHS now. He's much happier.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
What did they do to you? I didn't like all their comics either, but there's a couple that made me laugh. The only comic of theirs I really dislike is when they go way too far and made fun of Suda51 and Grasshopper Studios. I get it guys and gals, you didn't like Killer Is Dead, but it doesn't mean the guy, nor his studio are actual quacks. He only acted as producer for Killer Is Dead. He didn't even make it nor directed. All he did was help with some of the writing in a team of two other writers. That comic really came off as petty.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Some old moviebob stuff is gone.
And the bad news is...? If you want to watch some of his old stuff, a majority of it he has archived on his YouTube page. Certainly not worth digging through. For me anyway and most others.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
What did they do to you? I didn't like all their comics either, but there's a couple that made me laugh. The only comic of theirs I really dislike is when they go way too far and make fun of Suda51 and Grasshopper Studios. I get it guys and gals, you didn't like Killer Is Dead, but it doesn't mean the guy nor his studio are actual quacks. He only acted as producer for Killer Is Dead. He didn't even make it nor directed. All he did was help with some of the writing in a team of two other writers. That comic really came off as petty.
That's pretty much a lot of the ye olde Escapist content creators were.

Jim Sterling, Moviebob, the Critical Miss, even Yatzhee had some petty takes.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Grey got deported from Canada and works for the NHS now. He's much happier.
Wait, what?

I haven't thought about those guys in years and I know CM did a comic where Erin got Deported but what happened there? Was Grey running drugs or something to make ends meet?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
That's pretty much a lot of the ye olde Escapist content creators were.

Jim Sterling, Moviebob, the Critical Miss, even Yatzhee had some petty takes.
Which is why I don't like a lot of their old content. Doesn't matter if they're from Destructoid, independent, Screw Attack, or during their Escapist days. Jim Sterling I could not stand at the beginning, but I grew to like him, because he actually chose to improve himself and acknowledged his screw ups. I can't say the same for Bob. He pretended to act like he cared, but that turned out to be a load of bull. Yahtzee especially went too far at times in either his videos or his Extra Punctuation columns. Don't get me started on that whole "Why the world doesn't need Disney or Star Wars" fart sniffing article he was pulling. You don't like either one, fine, but don't rain on everybody else's parade. A majority of those fans ain't bothering you, and you're the one starting shit with them.

Last edited:

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Which I don't like a lot of their old content. Doesn't matter if they're from Destructoid, independent, Screw Attack, or during their Escapist days. Jim Sterling I cannot stand at the beginning, but I grew to like him, because he actually chose to improve himself and acknowledged his screw ups. I can't say the same for Bob. He pretended to act like he cared, but that turned out to be a load of bull. Yahtzee especially went too far at times in either his videos or his Extra Punctuation columns. Don't get me started on that whole "Why the world doesn't need Disney or Star Wars" fart sniffing article he was pulling. You don't like to either one fine, but don't rain on everybody else's parade. A majority of those fans ain't bothering you, and you're the one starting shit with them.
I don't like the MCU, but I'm not gonna make a thread saying "Fuck the MCU, let it die"

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I don't like the MCU, but I'm not gonna make a thread saying "Fuck the MCU, let it die"
Exactly my point. It's one thing not to like something, it's another thing when you start insulting the target audience, or act like you know what's good or better than anyone else and why they don't need something they enjoy. When I last checked nobody died and put him in charge of what people can and can't enjoy for movie and TV entertainment. I don't like everything MCU or Star Wars either, but I sure as hell would never take that joy away from someone else. Goes against everything I stand for.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
What did they do to you? I didn't like all their comics either, but there's a couple that made me laugh. The only comic of theirs I really dislike is when they go way too far and make fun of Suda51 and Grasshopper Studios. I get it guys and gals, you didn't like Killer Is Dead, but it doesn't mean the guy nor his studio are actual quacks. He only acted as producer for Killer Is Dead. He didn't even make it nor directed. All he did was help with some of the writing in a team of two other writers. That comic really came off as petty.
Considering that Grey was a regular user on the Escapist before winning the comic contest and ascending to the rank of content creator, it's possible there was some personal offense to Gordon that he's been carrying for 10+ years.
I think at this point Critical Miss has been erased from the Internet. I mean a lot of older Escapist content has vanished and no longer preserved. Some old moviebob stuff is gone.
Looks like you can read it in the Wayback Machine archives.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Speaking of old content, the Escapist youtube channel actually has a fair bit of it, in case you didn't know. Apocalypse Lane, Unskippable, Miracle of Sound, Judging By the Cover, Top 5 with Lisa Foiles, and a bunch of other stuff. There Will Be Brawl is also on there, but doesn't have its own playlist. Far from everything of course, but if you want a tri down memory lane... Doraleous and Associates is also on YT, tho on another channel.

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Speaking of old content, the Escapist youtube channel actually has a fair bit of it, in case you didn't know. Apocalypse Lane, Unskippable, Miracle of Sound, Judging By the Cover, Top 5 with Lisa Foiles, and a bunch of other stuff. There Will Be Brawl is also on there, but doesn't have its own playlist. Far from everything of course, but if you want a tri down memory lane... Doraleous and Associates is also on YT, tho on another channel.
Ah, those were the days... *wipes away nostalgic tear* I always feel I should remember to check out LRR from time to time.

Also, am I the only person here who liked Critical Miss?

Reactions: Dalisclock

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I absolutely loved Unskippable once I got around to watching it. And Judging by the Cover was I think a very worthy addition.