Where did all the older Escapist users go?

mParadox

Susurration
Sep 19, 2010
Country
Germany
Jedamethis said:
;-; Why you slap me?! D':

OT: In my stay here(Which isn't even that long.), I've seen so many peoples go. I'll miss all of ye who participated in the Escapist Forums!

thelonewolf266

Nov 18, 2010
I've been a regular vister since the Cod 4 Zero punctuation review that was the first time I'd ever heard of the site but I made an account back then and forgot about it as I didn't use the forums so my current account was only made a while ago .I don't really know why I decided to give the forums a try but most of the time I'm glad I did.

Jedamethis

Jul 24, 2009
mParadox said:
Jedamethis said:
;-; Why you slap me?! D':

OT: In my stay here(Which isn't even that long.), I've seen so many peoples go. I'll miss all of ye who participated in the Escapist Forums!
'tis means it is. :3
Sorry. >.>

mParadox

Susurration
Sep 19, 2010
Country
Germany
Jedamethis said:
'tis means it is. :3
Sorry. >.>
You're forgiven. Because
A) You're an adorable fox. *picks up and hugs*
B) You taught me the correct usage of a word. And for that, I thank you. *bows*

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
I've been hear almost two years, but it has felt like longer.

Sassafrass said:
I know there's a 2004 user lurking around somewhere.
I don't know why but that brings the Jaws theme music to mind.

At any moment that old user will surface and viciously drag a noobie to the deepest depths of the forums.

dancinginfernal

Sep 5, 2009
Man, so many old names coming up that I remember.

I remember seeing Furburt get banned once, don't recall what for. Shocked me, since I saw him so often. Not sure what happened to the others.

I lurked watching ZP from 2007 on until I saw a forum thread I was interested in on the sidebar and just hopped in. Before that I didn't come on nearly enough to even think about contributing.

Edit: Dear god, I just realized I've been here over 3 years.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
I'm still here...

An internet forum tends to not be something one sticks with forever and ever. After a few years it's very hard to continue to care because it just becomes dull or other things become more important. In short: time changes us all.

carpathic

Oct 5, 2009
Well, for me, the forums are just not as interesting anymore. I rarely post.

Especially since the moderators became fond of punishing short posts, many days after they were posted for a while there.

So I basically stopped posting with any regularity.

edit: Came for Zero Punctuation

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
We just don't post. Forums aren't what they used to be. Most public forums are now either complain-a-thons or 4chan/Reddit drippings, including this one and it's constant "Am I the only one who X", "Why is X so popular/unpopular/Y" or "Stop the X on Y", or horrendous drivel like Bronies.

Plus, bans and the like.

Sethzard

Megalomaniac
Dec 22, 2007
Country
United Kingdom
People either get banned or bored. The newer you are to the forums the fresher things will be and the more likely you are to still be interested. Newer users have also had less time to get banned.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
They probably just left.
They might have gotten tired of the trend of front page posts about the same game all the time popping up, (COD, Skyrim, Zelda).
Probably got banned for putting angry posts on said threads.
Left due to amount of posts that have no discussion meaning on the forums (happening more than you think.)
Some got banned because the new forum rules make it easy to get banned by reports.

Some got banned after angrily defending their point on certain topics.

Personally, the IP Banning, the health bar, the star rating system, and the captcha are the most likely culprits.

This used to be a place where you could put up your opinion very easily.

Handofpwn

Aug 6, 2008
Oh hey guys. How's it goin? I havent been here in a while, have I?

Man, I cant believe how little time I have to be on here anymore. So anyways I joined august of 2008. just so you know.

Willis_D

May 27, 2009
assuming I count as old, I just got bored/annoyed with a lot of this site tbh....

more so though, I have the people I talked to a lot on this on steam or msn or w/e, so doesn't give me much other reasons.

My name is also different from how it used to be too