Where did Extra Credits go?

BiscuitsJoe

Aug 6, 2008
Perhaps I'm the only one who doesn't know why Extra Credits, probably the Escapit's best and most informative video series, suddenly disappeared a few weeks ago. This came as a huge shock to me. Anyone have any answers?

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
I don't know how many threads I've seen about this by now... ;P
There were money issues(rather lack of them), so Extra Credits left the Escapist and is currently on Youtube. Matters little to me. Might've been informative, but the damn voice effect drove me nuts.

Tommeh Brownleh

May 26, 2011
There were some financial issues, and James decided it would be best if they left. They're now on youtube, but moving to some other website soon. Still every Thursday though.

AwkwardTurtle

Aug 21, 2011
You're certainly not the first to ask. :p

Here's the thread on the situation and what happened between Extra Credits and The Escapist.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.305970-Extra-Credits-leaves-the-Escapist-NEW-Extra-Credits-Presents-The-MMORTS?page=1

They are continuing the show you youtube, but will no longer be here.

From what I know, they are now going to continue on PATV.

drakythe

Feb 10, 2011
There is a rather long story behind it, but the end result is that they are now on youtube (youtube.com/extracreditz) but will very soon be on PATV (Penny Arcade TV)

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
DanielBrown said:
There were money issues(rather lack of them), so Extra Credits left the Escapist and is currently on Youtube. Matters little to me. Might've been informative, but the damn voice effect drove me nuts.
I think this is around the 20th one this week, why can't people just use the search bar then we wouldn't have to go through this.

Zarkov

Mar 26, 2010
DanielBrown said:
I'd say at least 20-25 different topics covering the same thing. Doesn't this violate some type of forum rule?
...lol

And I thought the voice was really unique and creative, although yeah it could be a little annoying at first.