Where do YOU sell your stuff in Skyrim?

Ruwrak

Sep 15, 2009
Volf99 said:
well I usually don't care who I sell my stuff to. However if your just trying to make money, (I haven't tried this yet but...) can't you just cut wood and let the game run when you go to sleep? I don't think you need to actually press any buttons to cut wood, you just watch him/her do it, so why not let the game run while you sleep/school/job/life? Just a thought....

It stops after 6 logs of wood I'm afraid. Yes I tried x3

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
That's perfectly normal. When you're selling something to a shop you will never get the full price, because they have to sell it to someone else to turn a profit. And if they buy it from you for full price they can't turn a profit. It's like that in real life. So what did you expect?

DasDestroyer

Apr 3, 2010
I have roughly 20k atm, all of it from dungeons and exploring, and my barter skill isn't even that high. I also have tons of gems in a chest at home, so I've got the potential for even more money.

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
I have about 10k so far... all from looting draugr corpses for 5-10 gold at a time. It was the same in Morrowind and Oblivion; after a certain point, you'll have so much gold you could tile your floors with it.

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
What is with these people saying they have 10k or more? If you have that much money, you should be putting it to work. Buy mats for smithing or training or something!

Isun

Nov 14, 2011
Originally I was selling only to the first Guild fence, but once I invested in Balimund the Riften BS he has around 2.5k on hand. Including the leather armor vendor (1.7k) and the lizard jeweler (750) I find waiting there for 48 hours to be more lucrative than simply waiting down in the underground. I bought the Solitude house and all expansions yesterday and am still sitting at a comfortable 70k.

100 speech + 100 stealth + 100 pickpocket. I stole everything, everywhere. (keep in mind I also skipped the story quests to go explore, the first quest I ever completed was for the Thieves Guild). I could invest in the other shopkeepers nearby, but I tend to come in over-encumbered and want to avoid loading screens; Balimund is outside and accessible.

Nannernade

May 18, 2009
There is an amulet in the game that when worn gives you 10% better prices, also according to my friend there is a shirt that gives 50% he says you get it after you kill some guy for the Brotherhood or Thieves Guild, I can't remember what it was.

ullr123

Nov 16, 2011
I have 50k and I managed to get about 20k from smithing having starting off with about 1,000.

I bought all the things I needed to smith from both vendours in Whiterun. Then I smith the items and sell it back. Because you started off by buying the items from them they'll each have more money which means you can just about sell the items and take whatever money they have to start off with. About 1k each, every 2 days they restock so go back every 2 days (or just wait). Repeat for a little bit, levels your smithing really quickly and you make a tidy bit of money.

When your smithing is high enough go to Gloombound mine, it's full of ebony veins, construct ebony armour, when you upgrade that to epic it is worth about 1,500 each i think.

Remember to always leave a bit of your ingots/leather left over so you can upgrade the things you have just made. Obviously keep a set of the best armour for yourself.

You could enchant it but I view this as a lot of work for having to wait around to sell the items.

i wouldn't recommend just waiting around though as you fall into the realms of power levelling then which means your armour may be great but your combat skills will be useless compared to the level of enemies so go out and do quests whilst you're waiting for the restock.

The other 10k I have got from generally finding items. Gems are the best to find as they weight very little and when combined with gold ingots you can level your smithing at the same time.

The other 20k, well that came from the dark brotherhood, the last quest for them pays very well.

That 20k from smithing is only only what I have left though and I've probably made more but have bought 3 houses completely outfitted and payed off 12k in fines.

In total I've earned 128,000 over the course of the game and I'm only level 31.

ullr123

Nov 16, 2011
The amulet you're thinking about is the Amulet of Zenithar. I'm guessing they're not too rare as I have 3

Handbag1992

Apr 20, 2009
Most of the stuff I pick up tends to be weapons and armour, so I sell it at Warmaidens in Whitehall. It's directly between the gate and my house so it's incredibly convenient.

Jimmy T. Malice

Dec 28, 2010
I generally sell my excess weapons and armour to an Orcish blacksmith in Markarth. She hangs out near a forge so it's also convenient for leveling my Smithing- I just make lots of armour and such then shuffle over and sell it.

castlewise

Lord Fancypants
Jul 18, 2010
ullr123 said:
I have 50k and I managed to get about 20k from smithing having starting off with about 1,000.

I bought all the things I needed to smith from both vendours in Whiterun. Then I smith the items and sell it back. Because you started off by buying the items from them they'll each have more money which means you can just about sell the items and take whatever money they have to start off with. About 1k each, every 2 days they restock so go back every 2 days (or just wait). Repeat for a little bit, levels your smithing really quickly and you make a tidy bit of money.

When your smithing is high enough go to Gloombound mine, it's full of ebony veins, construct ebony armour, when you upgrade that to epic it is worth about 1,500 each i think.

Remember to always leave a bit of your ingots/leather left over so you can upgrade the things you have just made. Obviously keep a set of the best armour for yourself.

You could enchant it but I view this as a lot of work for having to wait around to sell the items.

i wouldn't recommend just waiting around though as you fall into the realms of power levelling then which means your armour may be great but your combat skills will be useless compared to the level of enemies so go out and do quests whilst you're waiting for the restock.

The other 10k I have got from generally finding items. Gems are the best to find as they weight very little and when combined with gold ingots you can level your smithing at the same time.

The other 20k, well that came from the dark brotherhood, the last quest for them pays very well.

That 20k from smithing is only only what I have left though and I've probably made more but have bought 3 houses completely outfitted and payed off 12k in fines.

In total I've earned 128,000 over the course of the game and I'm only level 31.
This is really useful. I like smithing and was wondering if you could actually make money doing it.

Red_Paw

Jan 11, 2012
I've got 80k gold and it's fucking annoying me, I'm just running into too much crap to loot so the whole process is getting tedious. Anyways, I've got it down to a fine art now I reckon.

I've got a soul trap enchantment on one of my daggers, which is set to 1 second to get the highest number of charges. Anytime I'm in a dungeon, I'll sneak the entire thing and one-shot monsters with my daggers, trapping their souls providing they're not people. I also only loot items with a 1:10 weight:gold ratio.

After I'm done it's off to Dragon's Reach in Whiterun to enchant everything I can with either Carry Weight, Banish or Destruction as they sell for the most. I buy all of Farengar's empty soul gems (he's the court-wizard) before trying to sell anything to him. That just makes it so he can buy my more expensive stuff.

I then hit the town and sell my potion's in Arcadia's Cauldron, weapons and armour to the blacksmith and leftovers to the general store. Dragon bones and scales get stored in my house then I'm off to Riverwood then Solitude to sell off excess crap.

It takes about 20 minutes for me to sell out my inventory, it's a massive time-wasting pain, but I figure I should get the 100k achievement to enlarge my epeen, then I'll stop with the enchanting.

TPiddy

Aug 28, 2009
Any low level character that wants some quick cash head to Markarth and just outside there's a quest to clear out Kolgseggr (sp?) mine. The quest itself gives you 1000 K, but you also get about 20-30 gold ore out of it.... I made about 6000 K from that quest alone.