Where your avatar comes from

zzkill

Nov 12, 2012
Kyon from the anime The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I use it because he depicts a part of me quite well. As a gemini though, he is only half of me.

mrhappy1489

May 12, 2011
Mine is Dave. He is a Barbarian who enjoys calligraphy, knitting and the wearing of and admiration of hats.

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
Mine came from the urge to fuck with people still sincerely playing 'the game'.

VeryOddGamer

Feb 26, 2012
Mine is the third Finnish bloke mentioned on this thread, me.

Some might call that a step down from Jean Sibelius and Simo Häyhä, but I call it a step to the side.
A step to the side with the very very large chasm.

Okay, one fifth of the avatar is me. The rest consists of my wonderful hats.

Judgment90

Sep 4, 2012
Enja from Samurai Shodown.

THe actual pic is supposed to be a gif of him powering up, but it was too big for the profile's dimensions and it isn't animated.

saluraropicrusa

undercover bird
Feb 22, 2010
My avatar isn't from a game or movie or what have you. It's a cropped version of this [http://saluraropicrusa.tumblr.com/post/37180447344] talksprite I made a while ago, of my manticore character, Grace. I prefer using my own art for avatars since it's more personal than a picture from something I haven't created.

saints1544

Nov 23, 2009
From the best TV show in the 90s ever, Legends of the Hidden Temple.
Do work Silver Snakes, do work.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
It's my favorite character from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Applejack.

[sub]More apple fwittur?[/sub]

MiskWisk

Mar 17, 2012
Mine is a mash up of two one piece characters I found one day. It's Tony Tony Chopper and Whitebeard. I just get a kick out of seeing one of the toughest characters being merged with one of the funniest.

AnarchistFish

Jul 25, 2011
For ages I had that pug with the hoody. Was something I found somewhere on the internet and thought was cute and I've used it on multiple sites for ages.

Got bored of it and literally have just changed it to Mélanie Laurent

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Akratus said:
Nouw said:
Restored footage from WW2 with some *ahem* adjustments. I believe this was when Easy Company was taking Carentan.
It's actually from the HBO show 'Band of Brothers'. I know, that's how good it looks. (Unless you were joking)

Mine is the original elvish form of Sauron, Annatar. A fan interpretation of him, that is. I found it randomly on google images and just loved it, making me use it as avatars.
Yeah I was joking :p. I believe there actually is some footage though.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
shrekfan246 said:
IMO that music video is the worst acid trip anyone can have without taking acid.

My avatar is from this Cyanide and Happiness strip. I found it amusing and fitting for an avatar, as it's simple and clear, but still funny.

wetfart

Jul 11, 2010
Mr. Demartino from Daria.

I wish I had a teacher like him when I was growing up.

Euskalduna

Oct 15, 2011
Mine is Hinata Hyuga from Naruto peering around the corner, watching you.

EDIT: I was thinking of another avatar XD

Orange12345

Aug 11, 2011
an episode of futurama (ep9 S3), also penguins

EDIT: here's a clip

EDIT:EDIT not sure if this is working, heres the full link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T__UsjPFp4I

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
Little Woodsman said:
The Brigadier! Woot!
Longest running companion from the whole series, doubt he will ever be matched.
Awful shame that he lost his awesome Clark Gable mustache in later years.
I agree. For me the Brig is the definitive companion. Apparently, Nick Courtney wore a false moustache during the Troughton/Pertwee/Baker years because he thought his own didn't cut the mustard. It wasn't until the Five Doctors that he grew his own because he was fed up of wearing a false moustache and running the risk of it falling off through a take, but I agree, the Clark Gable moustache suited him down to the ground.

To say I am a fan of the Brigadier would be an understatement :).