Which 3 classic games would you like to see rebooted in current gen?

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
The legend of Zelda: Link, the only Zelda game where Link gained exp. I saw a 3d remake floating around a awhile ago that was kind of fun, looked like a minecraft mod now that I'm thinking about it.

Pokemon, follow me here, think of Oblivion but there are pokemon in the forests and grass whenever you leave a town. A full 3d open world to explorer with these creatures.

Shining Force, (Dragon Age is close)

Azure Knight-Zeo

Jun 7, 2010
With Capcom re-arming their classic games like Megaman, Bionic Commando, and Street Fighter II, I want to know where these reboots are:

Strider (arcade and Genesis) (yeah there was Moon Diver but it just wasn't the same)

U.N. Squadron (SNES)

and Chip & Dale's Rescue Rangers (NES)

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Thankfully Crash Bandicoot is seeing a reboot via the Cryengine 3. It's a mod, but it looks good so far.
I'd like to see Jersey Devil get a remake but make it darker and more adult themed.

Tukadian

Sep 22, 2010
Freelancer - Favorite space combat of any I've tried, I've been praying for a proper successor forever!
C&C Renegade - Could have been done so much better. As it was the game didn't have any super bad issues, it just needed some more polish and the graphics were outdated.
Sid Meier's Railroads - Was a pretty fun game, could be a lot more fun with next gen software and without a memory leak problem that caused a crash on any system I ran it on.

Museli

Nin!
Aug 12, 2009
ToonLink said:
No one's said Ducktales?
Interesting....
DuckTales! There you go. Fantastic game :D
Also, I'd love to see a new Syndicate, and a new Tenchu: Stealth Assassins. Swordy-stealth is so much more fun than techy-stealth.

Baralak

Dec 9, 2009
Final Fantasy: The first one. I want to see it with new graphics, in 3d, with it's story fleshed out a bit more, and with all the flair and flashy spell effects that Final Fantasy is known for. I don't want just a remake, I want a full reimagining.

Road Rash: The original games are always a blast to play, and a new one, almost done in the style of Split/Second with motorcycles and weapons, could be AMAZING.

Legend of the Mystical Ninja starring Goemon: This N64 gem is just begging for a remake, with all the zany skits and laugh tracks, and the giant mech on rollerskates that wants to be a pop star in America...

Amondren

Oct 15, 2009
The original fallout and 2 with better graphics and controls other then that don't change shit.

A new Gex game would be nice damn I love Gex 3.

Original spyro games you know give it back to their creators so it can stop being abused.

Sovereignty

Jan 25, 2010
Final Fantasy 8
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Romance of the Three Kingdoms 8

Seriously, the above need to be redone. No big changes to gameplay or anything. Just graphical overhaul and maybe load time reduction.

And I'm starting to think I have a love of games that are number 8

Mr.Ivebeenframed

Jan 6, 2011
Someone might have said it before but:
Armed and Dangerous
Time Splitter 2
And Commander and Conquer Generals(I frickin loved that game)

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
AlexiVolkov said:
TIE Fighter.

TIE Fighter.

and uh...
TIE Fighter.
Yes, yes, and yes.
It's hard to find a good space flight sim.

Would also love to see the original Phantasy Star (1-4) rebooted. They were great for their time and could be expanded on to an awesome effect if they did something a bit Borderlandish/Fallout 3ish with it.

And while we're on the subject of sega classics, I wouldn't mind seeing what a reboot of Alex Kidd or Wonder Boy in Monster Land would look like.

xAFROMANx

Dec 5, 2009
one game that hasn't been mentioned yet: legend of legaia. I believe that'd be amazing in Full HD.
and yeah bring back original spyro and crash games
they must be shown to people as their true games, nothing before the first 4 for either game.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
None in my opinion, though seeing MGS1, 2 and 3 having HD cosmetics soon is pretty great.

A reboot of any of the classic games I love would probably end up ruining them.

Squishfield

Jan 22, 2010
I thought MGS1 was not having an update in the MGS HD Collection which I thought was stupid. From what I've seen it's MGS2, MGS3 and Peace Walker so I will miss out on it.

Yakuza 1+2
Blast Corps on N64, that game was incredible

Teimuraz

Mar 21, 2011
Guys, correct me if I'm wrong, but reboot means overhaul of the series, and all I see posted here, are suggestions for remakes.
About reboots, I don't like the idea. It ruins our feelings to the series.
About remakes, DMC3 would be nice to see with updated graphics, dmc4-like style system and Co-op.