Which browser should I use Firefox or Chrome?

bulldogftw

Jan 4, 2011
Hello people, cats, dogs and robots of the Escapist I recently downloaded both both browsers and was wondering which one is better and why.
So members of the Escapist please tell me which browser you think is best and why.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Chrome is faster, Firefox is easier to manipulate.

Choose based on your preferences.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
I much prefer Chrome, myself. Never was much a fan of Firefox though, so I admit to bias in that regard

Dimitriov

The end is nigh.
May 24, 2010
I like Chrome: it's cleaner looking and feels more streamlined. Also incognito mode is pretty sweet.

Besides I like Google...

darkonnis

Apr 8, 2010
I couldn't get into chrome, but i found firefox uses alot of memory to do not alot and sometimes all i want to do is check the news. Chromes alright once you get used to the streamlined look of it all. It does however, bog down sometimes when i have a few memory intensive websites running like one of the enjin forum boards, youtube and my university email account (probably a php or database error with the last one as it just doesnt seem to like chrome).

Either is good.

scoopz

Sep 15, 2011
Chrome is beter. It's faster and cleaner. I used firefox before I found chrome. Glad I switched.

Midnight Crossroads

Jul 17, 2010
Firefox isn't as fast and uses more resources, but it's more stable and has, in my experience, better options for customization and superior add-ons.
Chrome is faster, but fouls up a lot. Especially when you open a lot of tabs at once. They all die.

I generally only open up Chrome for when videos are taking too long to load on another browser.

SRW Iron is Chrome without Google. It's a solid alternative if you don't like Google's snooping.

I prefer Opera, for the most part. If only because of its elegance.

Phishfood

Jul 21, 2009
I would have said FF, but every time their updates break every single addon and the web tracking/limiting at work it makes me want to switch to chrome.

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
Both, then see which one you prefer.

That way you don't get ignorantly bias.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
I tend to use Chrome... but I'm not that picky when it comes that what sort of internet I use.

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
Both. They are both very good browsers.

I use Firefox for fun while Chrome is for work-related stuff. Divides pretty well.

Drake666

Sep 13, 2010
Opera is faster than both of them (specially firefox) and I don't like the idea of Chrome "process-based" tab.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
I stopped using Chrome, not because it's crap, but because it crashes a lot in my PC and I switched back to Firefox, after a long time. I haven't looked back ever since.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
Vhite said:
Use IE. You will be unique.
Yes, you will be. You probably won't be very happy, though. :p

I use Chrome personally, never had a problem with it and it goes really fast. Also it looks the nicest out of all of them IMO, other browsers look cluttered and ugly after Chrome.

YokuG

Mar 21, 2011
Chrome if you want something that is simple and fast but confusing, if you want to configure something. Firefox, if you want slow and crashing but easy to configure.