Which cancelled games did/do you want to see made?

LookingGlass

Jul 6, 2011
Over the years there have been many ideas that never led to a completed product... which ones had you excited? Feel free to include anything that's not technically cancelled but looks unlikely to ever be released.

My nomination is B.C. I'm almost certain it would have been a case of Peter Molyneux biting off more than he could chew, but it did have some serious potential.

How bad could a game with dinosaurs like this be?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCzLbJxp1V8

DJDarque

Words
Aug 24, 2009
Edge of Twilight. I don't think it's technically cancelled, but it's in the dreaded development hell.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
I would have loved to have seen Demonik (the video game from Grandma's Boy for those confused)

But partially because I love stuff like that. When something invented in a show or movie becomes a real thing (like the Richard Castle novels or the band Mouse Rat from Parks and Recreation)

mythlover20

Jul 8, 2010
I want the Stargate video game to be made. The series was ready made for a gaming port. So much potential for kicking some serious Gou'ald ass, and they scrap it.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
ChupathingyX said:
Any sequel that Pandemic Studios had planned...like Mercenaries 3 and Battlefront 3.
I would have liked to see The Saboteur 2. There was a lot they could have done with that game and IP.

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 3. Never played the first two because I can't seem to find them, but I hear they were quite good. And I bet that they would include a remake if they did make this game.

Chaos James

Bastion of Debauchery
May 27, 2011
Starcraft: Ghost, I think it would of been a great game.

Too bad Bungie is working on a new series, I think they (when given the Starcraft property to play around with) could make a most excellent Starcraft FPS that I would love to play.

Multiplayer would have to use all three factions.

Zerglings ftw.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
CM156 said:
ChupathingyX said:
Any sequel that Pandemic Studios had planned...like Mercenaries 3 and Battlefront 3.
I would have liked to see The Saboteur 2. There was a lot they could have done with that game and IP.
Unfortunately I never got around to playing The Saboteur, it's always been on my list of games to buy though.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
ChupathingyX said:
CM156 said:
ChupathingyX said:
Unfortunately I never got around to playing The Saboteur, it's always been on my list of games to buy though.
Oh, it's well worth it, trust me. It has its flaws, but it is a great game otherwise.

If you don't mind dealing with GameStop, I saw it for like $17 USD or so used (I didn't see any new copies). The Day One DLC is only good if you want a "Topless" mode for the dancers in an area you won't often be in.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
LookingGlass said:
Over the years there have been many ideas that never led to a completed product... which ones had you excited? Feel free to include anything that's not technically cancelled but looks unlikely to ever be released.
Xenosaga 4, 5, and 6.

If only Xenosaga 2 hadn't ruined it for the rest of the series.

the spud

May 2, 2011
CM156 said:
ChupathingyX said:

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 3. Never played the first two because I can't seem to find them, but I hear they were quite good. And I bet that they would include a remake if they did make this game.
Lo, I bring you gifts!
http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/baldurs_gate_the_original_saga

OT: Sorry, I can't think of any, usually the stuff that gets cancelled never makes much of a buzz in the first place, although beyond good and evil 2 seems to be on its way out.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
CM156 said:
Oh, it's well worth it, trust me. It has its flaws, but it is a great game otherwise.

If you don't mind dealing with GameStop, I saw it for like $17 USD or so used (I didn't see any new copies). The Day One DLC is only good if you want a "Topless" mode for the dancers in an area you won't often be in.
Well I live in Aus so games are generally more expensive, however, I did see it for $20 on a webiste so I'll probably get it there (I do most game shopping there anyway).

Mar 30, 2011
the original Spore - not the toned down kiddy version that was released.

check out the beta gameplay video if you want to see it

ColeusRattus

Apr 16, 2009
Loose Cannon.
A GTA 3 like game by origin set in the near future. And that 3 years prior to GTA3 to boot.