Which company do you feel cares the most about their fans?

Evilbunny

Feb 23, 2008
Liberaliter said:
I think Valve is a pretty cool guy, eh makes good games and doesn't afraid of anything.
Win. Both for the truth of the statement and the reference.

Walking_Target

Aug 18, 2009
Valve and Bungie, in that order.

And yes, i am the 'leader' of the boycott. But why would we bother if we didn't think Valve cared?

Bungie... well... they make fun of the stupid. I can find no fault there.

Bethesda? They're pretty good (other than that 'Horse Armor' BS for Oblivion a-la XBL Marketplace)

royohz

Official punching bag!
Jul 23, 2009
Valve, easiest question I ever answered today.
They listen, they have a great sence of humour and support their map making customers by releasing new materials and stuff like that. And if a non-official Valve map is popular enough, they will release it with the updates (at least on steam, their console games aren't updated for some reason). They even take suggestions and ideas posted on the forums.

(For those of you who maybe recognized a pattern between us, I play Team Fortress 2 frequently :D)

Vargas19

Jun 20, 2009
I agree with most of you, mainly about Valve.

But nobody mentioned Atlus. At least to me, they seem pretty caring about their fans. I mean, the new upcoming Persona for the PSP comes in a package with the game and the entire soundtrack in a double CD set. All for the price of a normal PSP game.
"Why? Because we love you!" says an Atlus representative.

Azraellod

Dec 23, 2008
Artix Entertainment.

i'm probably bias here, but they update their games every week, and are constantly improving them. plus they do these things for free players as well.

so yeah, i'll go with them.

OwenEdwards

Mar 19, 2008
I don't think anyone saying "CORPORATIONS BEING ALL CORPORATIONY" brings anything to this discussion. Basically, all companies exist to make money; it's how they survive and make you good games. However, some people involved in these business also love what they do and want people to enjoy games; and others realise good customer service, in specific areas of their business, can help tremendously with profit.

The FOCUS here is on the companies that actually enjoy making good games, and provide good customer service.

Valve's an obvious one. Norm Koger and John Tiller are, in terms of individual developers, are pretty awesome.

blazinwings

Aug 9, 2009
atlus/nis. the only factor i can pull from as a tell is the quality of the games they make, and these two companies give out the best ratio of "extraordinarily good" game to "acceptable product" game that i have seen. keep it up.

blazinwings

Aug 9, 2009
Vargas19 said:
I agree with most of you, mainly about Valve.

But nobody mentioned Atlus. At least to me, they seem pretty caring about their fans. I mean, the new upcoming Persona for the PSP comes in a package with the game and the entire soundtrack in a double CD set. All for the price of a normal PSP game.
"Why? Because we love you!" says an Atlus representative.
this. i already have it preordered. persona 3 on ps2 was quite seriously the best game i have ever played, and atlus is rereleasing THAT on the psp as well. i love this company.

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
XSeed Games the ones who did Retro Game Challenge for the DS. These guys actually wrote a personal e-mail to me when I emailed them asking for the sequel's translation, I wasn't some auto e-mailing bot, I can tell.

Very few companies e-mail back with concern about your opinion.

BigT65

Jul 1, 2009
Definitely Bethesda, no other company works so hard to make as many DLCs for their games and they give their fans what they want most of the time. Look at Fallout 3, they've made 5 big DLCs for it and working on getting them to the PS3.

Sir_Montague

Oct 6, 2008
EA!? Ahahaha no jk... But seriously, Valve fought with Microsoft over the rights to offer free updates for TF2 on the 360 (even though it never happened...) and then followed through on free updates with L4D... And double fine still continues to turn out games that are original and tend to please an immense audience, regardless of how well they sell in the end...

A Raging Emo

Apr 14, 2009
Bungie. They are always talking, listening and doing things for the community. It's a shame that the community is mainly 9 year olds...

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
from what ive seen, Konami seems good. when they shited Castlevania up with castlevania 64, they immediatly saw their failure and stopped making 3d Castlevania games. just look at the DS.

id say valve personally, because the PC updates are free, the updates are large, and the have, as far as i know, created Steam.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
crudus said:
Valve is pretty good about caring about their fans. Konami possibly since they don't just regurgitate the same crap like other companies.

GonzoGamer said:
Don't fool yourself.
They're all out for money: as much as they can grab.
Well all businesses are. We are asking which company is more like a Mom & Pop store (more personal and care about their loyal customers) and which company is more like a giant corporation (less personal and don't care about how they get their money as long as they get a lot of it).
I think there are a lot of valve fans that would disagree with you there given recent controversy.

Otherwise I think you found one of the problems in the game industry right now. Most games (at least most of the ones we appreciate) require serious investments from publishers and others. Once those millions of investment dollars are absorbed, you get a lot of direction to make sure the investment pans out. That usually leaves them right back where we started: It's all about making money.

The only mom&pop style game companies are the small ones who just make iphone games and the like.

Mcface

Aug 30, 2009
Im not really a halo fan.

but i would also say bungie.
which is a surprise, since they are so big.

KSarty

Aug 5, 2008
Kollega said:
Valve guys. They offer free updates of a good quality for TF2. And that's only tip of the iceberg.
Valve is great to its fans but free updates is something every PC developer has offered for over a decade. Bioware and Id come to mind pretty quick as well. Surprisingly, EA has allowed the fan communities to take over the servers for many games that they have cut support for, and I think that is a pretty cool thing to do.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
None.They just want our money.And we are happy to give it to them as long as they deliver.

Skizle

Feb 12, 2009
D4zZ said:
Freakydemon said:
I would say Blizzard untill they released the next expasnion for WoW, totally fucking it up...
Cataclysm? How do you think that is going to fuck it up? Apart from in game the worlds literally going to get broken and fucked up. :p

I'd say Valve, out of all the games I play regularly and know about anyway.
they are bumping up the system requirements for the game, which will eventually screw over a portion of the subsrcibers because they are using old computers and are already at their limit. i know this because several people i know are already bitching about it

OT: i kinda want to say Mythic, they are always having events for WAR while you wait for the next big patch. plus they give you bonuses for reactivating your account. also for this month being their 1 year... 20% bonus EXP and renown.