Which company do you feel cares the most about their fans?

Bigeyez

Apr 26, 2009
orannis62 said:
Kollega said:
Valve guys. They offer free updates of a good quality for TF2. And that's only tip of the iceberg.
Vrex360 said:
Bungie, they talk and listen to their community when they ask questions and they give answers. So often their choices in design and balancing had the players enjoyment as the top priority and they worked to make their games as fun and balanced as possible. They've made a lot of upgrades and as I said they really connect with their fanbase.
That's why I like Bungie.
Both of you beat me to it. Those companies are both great to their fans.
Agreed with the above comments. Both Bungie and Valve act great towards their fans. Bioware deserves honorable mention in this aspect as well.

dragunover

Sep 1, 2009
Pandemic Studios, Relic Entertainment and Valve
Don't even mention EA or Activision, they're purely in it for profit.

rhyno435

Apr 24, 2009
I like Insomniac. They seem to deliver on what their fans want. Or at least what I want as a fan, but I think I speak for everyone. (I'm mostly talking about the Ratchet and Clank games).

EX_Ability_NZ

Sep 2, 2009
I feel Bungie cares most. They do an awesome job of running their website and the community is great. Love the games as well. I would say valve if you own a PC and use their services but they are really lacking with their console support.

L3m0n_L1m3

Jul 27, 2009
InfinityWard, they opened up a Twitter account to listen to peoples' requests for the new game.

Or Steam. Whichever.

Taerdin

Nov 7, 2006
I love steam, I spend way too much money on it. Valve is definitely pretty sweet, although I'm still a tad bitter on how they didn't deliver on what they said they had planned for L4D... and I'm sure Half-life Episode 3 will be epic as hell but I wish it was here already :(

I still loves you though Valve, I know you'll make it up to me someday :)

PS. If I actually liked TF2 I bet I would be more excited about them. I bet its pretty sweet to be a fan of that game considering how much time and effort they actually put into it

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Kollega said:
Valve guys. They offer free updates of a good quality for TF2. And that's only tip of the iceberg.
This.

If I hear right, Vale keeps giving updates, expansions, etc. for free all the time (for PC users anyway, us console users can apparently go fuck ourselves) and they have the whole Steam network. (and they keep giving us great games, can't forget about that.)

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
Mullahgrrl said:
paradox, no competition.
Stardock's in the same neighborhood, but nobody (and I mean NOBODY) does customer relations like Paradox.

Have you read the thread on the Paradox Victoria 2 forum [http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?p=10032636#post10032636] that Frederik Wester (the company's CEO) started? The head honcho of the entire company engaged actively with the fans, and Paradox's internal arguments about whether to make Vicky 2 in the first place (apparently Johan had to really stick his neck out to convince the boss that the game could make money) were laid completely public. Show me another developer that would do that.

Scarecrow38

Apr 17, 2008
Well I saw Gabe Newell have a 20 minute discussion with a whole bunch of deaf gamers about what Valve could do for them in their game design. I haven't seen any other developers do that.

Left 4 Dead 2 was another example. Whether I disagree with whiny boycotters aside, Valve has announced a new mini campaign for L4D and is promising continued work.

TF2 is another example of constant DLC.

They're trying to make money, but they still maintain a healthy connection with their market.

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
No offense, but screw Valve.

Capcom is where it's at. They make games on EVERY SINGLE CONSOLE and don't constantly whine about one being difficult. They make a myriad of games to make their fanbase happy, not to mention appeasing to their old school.

Name the next gen console, their game is on it. Dead Rising, Lost Planet, Resident Evil 5, Street Fighter 4, Okami, Phoenix Wright, and the best of them all, MEGA MAN!!! Megaman 9 on all console stores, Megaman Starforce on the DS, Megaman Powered Up and Maverick Hunter X on the PSP. And new titles just waiting to come out. When they port, they just shut up and do it. There's no whining about how they want a company to cater to them. They just do it like any company would. And they do it right. They put arrogant companies like Sega to shame with the quality of work they put out.

So screw you Half Life and you PC elitism. Take a hike Sega with your spiny cash cow hedgehog. Make way for the blue bomber!

ila

Jul 29, 2008
Vargas19 said:
But nobody mentioned Atlus. At least to me, they seem pretty caring about their fans. I mean, the new upcoming Persona for the PSP comes in a package with the game and the entire soundtrack in a double CD set. All for the price of a normal PSP game.
"Why? Because we love you!" says an Atlus representative.
As far as Atlus' USA division is concerned, I do agree that the company's fun extras and preorder bonuses are a nice perk. Aside form that, a good majority of the games they choose to localize are typically pretty niche and something you wouldn't see others bringing over. Sure NIS does the same thing, but I find that Atlus' choices in localization projects tend to be better than NIS'. Oh Cross Edge, how you disappoint me.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Shouldn't the question be what company cares about separating you from your money the most. Any company wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire unlesss those flames started heading for your wallet.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
ila said:
Vargas19 said:
But nobody mentioned Atlus. At least to me, they seem pretty caring about their fans. I mean, the new upcoming Persona for the PSP comes in a package with the game and the entire soundtrack in a double CD set. All for the price of a normal PSP game.
"Why? Because we love you!" says an Atlus representative.
As far as Atlus' USA division is concerned, I do agree that the company's fun extras and preorder bonuses are a nice perk. Aside form that, a good majority of the games they choose to localize are typically pretty niche and something you wouldn't see others bringing over. Sure NIS does the same thing, but I find that Atlus' choices in localization projects tend to be better than NIS'. Oh Cross Edge, how you disappoint me.
The question is though did they give you the 5 cents of crap because they care? Or did they do it because the games they localize are fairly obscure so they use the preorder stuff to entice you to buy it?

xenus87

Oct 20, 2008
Leftnt Sharpe said:
CD Projekt
Nice, at least there is one person other than me that likes them.

The fact that they released the Witcher enhanced edition, which fixed all of the problems fans had submitted, and completely free is rather awesome of them.