Which company do you feel cares the most about their fans?

The Oddfellow

League Of United Oddfellows
Jan 30, 2009
Vrex360 said:
Bungie, they talk and listen to their community when they ask questions and they give answers. So often their choices in design and balancing had the players enjoyment as the top priority and they worked to make their games as fun and balanced as possible. They've made a lot of upgrades and as I said they really connect with their fanbase.
That's why I like Bungie.
I disagree, it took them a year to fix the security bug after countless posts on the forums.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Wow! I'm surprised at just how many people are saying Bungie. I thought the studio was hated because of their last couple of games.

Feb 13, 2008
GonzoGamer said:
The only mom&pop style game companies are the small ones who just make iphone games and the like.
Unlike, say, Tale of Tales(The Path), Media Molecule(Little Big Planet) or Number None Inc. (Braid)

Games designers are almost certainly games players and WANT to give back to the community. As long as you can keep the sharks like Langdell, Kotick and others out of the pot, people like Gabe Newell will give back to the community because he actually likes them. Listen to the Orange Box's Developer Commentary sometime to see how much they work on it.

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
Vrex360 said:
Bungie, they talk and listen to their community when they ask questions and they give answers. So often their choices in design and balancing had the players enjoyment as the top priority and they worked to make their games as fun and balanced as possible. They've made a lot of upgrades and as I said they really connect with their fanbase.
That's why I like Bungie.
I would have to agree... I love them.

Xaositect

Mar 6, 2008
Bioware gets my vote.

Generally speaking though, most game companies are alright from my experience. They want your money of course, if nothing else but to make sure they keep making games.

However, we can argue who the best developer is till the cows come home, die and rot away turning into dust. One thing Ill always be sure of though is that most gamers are twats.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
GonzoGamer said:
The only mom&pop style game companies are the small ones who just make iphone games and the like.
Unlike, say, Tale of Tales(The Path), Media Molecule(Little Big Planet) or Number None Inc. (Braid)

Games designers are almost certainly games players and WANT to give back to the community. As long as you can keep the sharks like Langdell, Kotick and others out of the pot, people like Gabe Newell will give back to the community because he actually likes them. Listen to the Orange Box's Developer Commentary sometime to see how much they work on it.
I'm not saying they don't like their jobs. I'm sure they do and that in itself is admirable.
I still think that every bit of "fan service" they provide is there to make them money.
Yes, even smaller companies like Media Molecule: look at how much they charge for a crappy costume in LBP. I'm sure the hardcore fans of the game really appreciate it even though they're being vastly overcharged.

And when it comes to GN (I just said this on a completely different thread), I'm sure there are a lot of L4D1 fans and ps3 owners who think that he's just another fat, greedy businessman who knows what side of his bread is buttered.

Spygon

May 16, 2009
Valve and Bethesda also *gets into flame retardent clothes" microsoft arent too bad either.

Aqualung

Mar 11, 2009
Remedy. They talk regularily and answer questions on their community forum, and they gave me a free signed poster from Sam Lake. :p

KarumaK

Sep 24, 2008
EA

They know there fans and make shit just for them. Every year the same games with an update, can you imagine how bored the devs must be? But they work and work to make sure the lovers of the games get exactly what they want.

They don't care who hates them as long as their fans are happy.

Sev72

Apr 13, 2009
Ubisoft actually. For instance with Assassins Creed, Two promises to listen to the fans and fix everything everyone thought was wrong with the first one. Bungie and Valve are also probably pretty active with their fanbases.

RemoteControlRox

Aug 24, 2009
deathsong17 said:
Insomniac, great relations with their fans.
Agreed. They listen to their fans and it helps them to improve their games.
GonzoGamer said:
Don't fool yourself.
They're all out for money: as much as they can grab.
Well, yes. All companies are. That's how you stay alive in a marketplace. But having the ability to have a good relationship with your fans helps with making games that people will buy and can even be pleasant as a bonus. Just because someone wants to make money doesn't mean they can't still be good people.

TheGreatCoolEnergy

Aug 30, 2009
Hmmm Bethesda because the Fallout DLC's have been really well done(in my opion), and they seemed to have solved alot of Oblivions problems in Fallout(in my opion).

Also Robot Co(the remnants of Ensemble) because they have listenned to alot of forum chatter and nerfed/buffed as needed, most of these mods where actualy well done too.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
i was going to say bethesda but then i remembered how they left the ps3 fallout 3 owners to drown in the sea of bordom so instead im going to say sega because they have aknowledged that the sonic series has become worse than live action disney movies with talking animals and are trying to fix it
hows that for appeasing their fans