Which developer has the most personality?

More Fun To Compute

Nov 18, 2008
Doublefine because their website is the only game company website that I view regularly. Tim Shafer writes funny posts on the Doublefine Action News blog and I like reading Tasha's comic. They also put up fun web games every now and again.

zinen

Jul 19, 2009
oh ummmmmmm... ether
valve because thay let Garrys Mod/GMod (best computer game EVAH!! look it up on Google)use all their stuff

or bungie because unlike evry other MAJOR game ppl thay like it when ppl find glitches and stuff and just look at their trailers fer the map packs!

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I think I could only pick the developers that bug me the least. Those would probably be INSOMNIAC and NAUGHTY DOG.

Pellucid

Mar 29, 2009
Machines Are Us said:
Valve because of the TF2 blog.
You mean that thing they never update?

I would've said Valve a year ago but can't do so with good conscience now that they've lubed up their L4D fanbase and are aiming for penetration. Now I'll say Relic because, even though they eventually let Buggo go, she was the best customer relations agent ever in the history of time.

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
Valve. They listen to their fans, always make really great games with lots of humour and personality. Also, for example when there was an outcry that they didn't give enough DLC for L4D before making L4D2, they listened and made the games compatible with each other.
They aren't some big company who makes games, and hopes to sell them based on brand recognition, they really care what people think of them and want to improve games based on what their fans tell them.

Torque669

Apr 21, 2009
S53 said:
Bethesda devs quite frequently interact with their Forum members. They're pretty cool guys.
Yes, I would agree with this as they also make lots of patches and mods for their games too.

I also like the fact that all the suggestions they got from fans they couldnt put in Oblivon they took the piss out of using Miak the Liar (If thats how you spell it).

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
ohgodalex said:
Simple concept, really. Which developer/game company do you believe does the best job of GR (Gamer Relations), whether that means catering to all their fans, creating an excellent online community, or telling it like it is?

Personally, I would pick Capcom for their reaction to the whole "Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop" debacle. [http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v372/155/111/606328985/n606328985_1566759_2638.jpg] Honorable mention to the Resistance: FoM crew for the amusing blog that they had running up until the game's release, which featured amusing posts such as 'Top 10 Saved by the Bell episodes.

What about you guys?
I disagree with Capcom due to thier asshole DLC policy, paying for some shit that's already on the disc. Fuck that!

I'm gonna go with Bethesda because

a) they interact with thier community through the forums

b) they listen to us and admit thier mistakes when they make them

c) they give the fans what they want. broken steel addressed all the major issues people had with Fallout 3.

ohgodalex

May 21, 2009
miracleofsound said:
I disagree with Capcom due to thier asshole DLC policy, paying for some shit that's already on the disc. Fuck that!
I would argue that, since the Versus mode was never advertised prior to the release of the game, and it was not assumed that we would get it for free, complaining about it is moronic. We got optional content that some felt was worth the price, while others did not. It's as simple as that.

bipeo

Mar 25, 2009
are you seriously asking this question? it's Rare all the way, just read some of their scribes section on their site.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
ohgodalex said:
miracleofsound said:
I would argue that, since the Versus mode was never advertised prior to the release of the game, and it was not assumed that we would get it for free, complaining about it is moronic. We got optional content that some felt was worth the price, while others did not. It's as simple as that.
It may be a very little snowball, but it stands atop a very steep slope.

Let's not forget the SF4 outfits either... by the way in both cases I did not spend my money on the DLC in question, so implying that I am 'moronic' seems a little counter productive to your thread's flow of discussion.

ohgodalex

May 21, 2009
miracleofsound said:
It may be a very little snowball, but it stands atop a very steep slope.

Let's not forget the SF4 outfits either... by the way in both cases I did not spend my money on the DLC in question, so implying that I am 'moronic' seems a little counter productive to your thread's flow of discussion.
I did not say that you were moronic, but that the complaining is moronic in and of itself.
And, in both instances, Capcom is simply trying to make money. They are, as is mentioned in the Kotaku article that I linked to, a company. They know how to run a profitable business, and I fail to see how their decision to make some of their content, that people were perfectly happy without, optional and paid condemns them in any way.
I'm sorry that you took offense to the statement, though. I'm used to arguing with my friends, who come up with hypothetical arguments to try and emulate the reasoning of people that I disagree with.