Which development company do you still trust and admire?

Nantucket_v1legacy

acting on my best behaviour
Mar 6, 2012
Bioware.

I love Bioware games. The Mass Effect 3 ending was not that great but that's not too big a deal for me. I enjoyed the ride. I enjoyed Dragon Age - I must have clocked well over 200 hours on it. I'm looking forward to their next releases regardless.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Folji said:
I dont hate Ubisoft even with all their bullshit

hell they actually seem to be one of the consistantly good devs AND actually have a good creative series going

seriously..is it like a rule of the internet we have to HATE all developers unless their valve or "indie"

Folji

Jul 21, 2010
Vault101 said:
Folji said:
I dont hate Ubisoft even with all their bullshit

hell they actually seem to be one of the consistantly good devs AND actually have a good creative series going

seriously..is it like a rule of the internet we have to HATE all developers unless their valve or "indie"
On some places, it's gotta be a rule! But for all the things UbiSoft might have done from time to another, like assuming an Always On scheme would actually work for a single-player game, they still have the sense to take a step back and see it's not working out and then get rid of it. You know, old-fashioned trial and error!

Maxtro

Feb 13, 2011
Bioware: They lost the free pass on Dragon Age 2. Origins was so great and 2 was a step down in many ways. Mass Effect 3 didn't help them much. Will give them one more chance with Dragon Age 3.

Bethesda: Did a horrible job with the PS3 of Skyrim. Doesn't bug me that much since I play on PC. And then they have the ongoing exclusivity deal with Microsoft for the DLC. PS3 has no DLC and only God knows why Dragonborn has not been released for the PC yet. Their PR is horrible.

Squaresoft: How I miss thee. Square-Enix, Final Fantasy XIII - 5: Hey Look It's Lightning Again. FF 14 was a complete mess and now Square has put in a ton of money into trying to fix it. When it fails again, they're going to be in trouble. Release Versus already!

Spambot 3000

Aug 8, 2011
DEEP SILVER HAAHAHAHA, yes I know I'm not funny.
In all seriousness apart from maybe Game Freak, there be no-one that I 'trust and adore'. Respect, yes, but any more than that? Nah.

FFP2

Dec 24, 2012
-Square Enix. They may not be perfect but their games are always charming.
-CD Projekt. They're incredibly passionate and GOG is so much better than Steam.
-Rockstar. Their games are always of the highest quality.
-Sucker Punch. I don't even have a PS3 but they made Sly 2 so free passes for life for those guys:)

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
I don't trust any dev/pub 100%, it's just crazy to when games still get released unfinished and they still have a 60 dollar price tag on them trying to make a quick buck off of someones ignorance. System requirements are often enough incorrect, games launched unplayable, some taking months to patch. Devs like Ninja theory mocking the fans of the original series others like Ubisoft packing as much shitty DRM into a game they can pack.

Yeah it's a lot of negativity but it seems like every company has a knife behind their back, it just varies in size and use.

kazann

Jan 18, 2013
Snotnarok said:
I don't trust any dev/pub 100%, it's just crazy to when games still get released unfinished and they still have a 60 dollar price tag on them trying to make a quick buck off of someones ignorance. System requirements are often enough incorrect, games launched unplayable, some taking months to patch. Devs like Ninja theory mocking the fans of the original series others like Ubisoft packing as much shitty DRM into a game they can pack.

Yeah it's a lot of negativity but it seems like every company has a knife behind their back, it just varies in size and use.
Rockstar and Valve :)

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
Valve and CD-projekt - Independent, make awesome games, don't charge you for every single thing they can, and stay true to the spirit of PC gaming.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
Atlas would have been first in my mind if they hadn't region locked Persona 4 Arena. I love their games, really I do. But when you region lock a PS3 game and release it everywhere except EU then you can rot in a fire. Fuck them.

The main developer I do still trust and love is based GUST! Their Atelier games have stayed true to their nature and they never skimp on the dialogue, music and artwork. Every game is more beautiful than the last and I love the series to death. I thought the Arland series would be hard to top but Atelier Ayesha is just as good if not better and I look forward to the next Atelier and hope that Totori+ and Meruru+ eventually get a release on this side of the pacific.

Thoughtful_Salt

Mar 29, 2012
Bethesda, Valve, sometimes Rockstar because we all know GTA5 is either gonna knock it out of the park or merely disappoint as opposed to just sucking.

Bertylicious

Apr 10, 2012
Folji said:
Believe it or not, I still like UbiSoft as a game developer. They've got some great creative minds in the company, like Michel Ancel, Patrice Désilets, Jeffrey Yohalem and so on, and I've never experienced any kind of hassle related to their games. No deleted saves or unavailable games due to DRM, nothing. Got no personal reason to dislike them!

Not talking based on just newer games, either. I played UbiSoft games back when Rayman was the shit and Sam Fisher was a new face in the line-up.
I kind of agree with you about Ubisoft to be honest, though AC3 and FC3 were a bit, I dunno, limp in my eyes.

I will say Egosoft; they care about their fans and their product. They are purists, sincire in what they do and they also listen very, very hard to their community. When I comment on their message boards I feel like I'm directly influencing their games and it really makes me feel 'bought in' to the X series.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
CD Projekt RED of course, they're probably the only ones I've felt "Gee I don't have the system for which to play the majority of their games, but I want to give them money anyway."

Aside from them, I like XSEED, Atlus, Gearbox, and I still kind of like Square Enix, even though they keep giving me reasons not to.

talker

Nov 18, 2011
Bethesda (because of Skyrim), Valve (because of Portal and Portal 2), EA (because they've been around for a long time and make some good games) and Ubisoft (because of the Assassin's Creed series).