Which development company do you still trust and admire?

Pat8u

Apr 7, 2011
Bethesda because of the elder scrolls games , and because todd howard just seems so passionate and enthusiastic about the elder scrolls series

Bioware They have been waning a bit but I am still hyped for DA3 as they have admitted and seen the problems with their last 2 games (ME3 DA2) so I can believe that they may be able to make a good DA game again
Edit: THe only time I will hate bethesda is if they destroy their amazing mod support (The creation kits are the best things that have ever happened)

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
kazann said:
Snotnarok said:
I don't trust any dev/pub 100%, it's just crazy to when games still get released unfinished and they still have a 60 dollar price tag on them trying to make a quick buck off of someones ignorance. System requirements are often enough incorrect, games launched unplayable, some taking months to patch. Devs like Ninja theory mocking the fans of the original series others like Ubisoft packing as much shitty DRM into a game they can pack.

Yeah it's a lot of negativity but it seems like every company has a knife behind their back, it just varies in size and use.
Rockstar and Valve :)
Rockstar hasn't released a decent PC port & I'm pretty sure flat out lied about requirements. Valve, they're pretty much spotless despite what I've see a lot of people say.

Timmey

May 29, 2010
Valve Rockstar and relic i think, all produce good games and haven't done anything to make me dislike them.

kazann

Jan 18, 2013
Snotnarok said:
kazann said:
Snotnarok said:
I don't trust any dev/pub 100%, it's just crazy to when games still get released unfinished and they still have a 60 dollar price tag on them trying to make a quick buck off of someones ignorance. System requirements are often enough incorrect, games launched unplayable, some taking months to patch. Devs like Ninja theory mocking the fans of the original series others like Ubisoft packing as much shitty DRM into a game they can pack.

Yeah it's a lot of negativity but it seems like every company has a knife behind their back, it just varies in size and use.
Rockstar hasn't released a decent PC port & I'm pretty sure flat out lied about requirements. Valve, they're pretty much spotless despite what I've see a lot of people say.
Max Payne 3 was probably one of the best ports of the year imo

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
kazann said:
Snotnarok said:
kazann said:
Snotnarok said:

Max Payne 3 was probably one of the best ports of the year imo
Haven't played it, could be great but it's still irritating they've released many games with incorrect requirements and just broken. Doesn't make them a bad dev, they might have had another company do it but it's just kinda crappy for them to do.

TheCinnamonBun

Oct 12, 2012
Valve, GSC Game World (even though they aren't very active these days) and Obsidian mainly because they got right what Bethesda miserably failed at. speaking of which I still trust Bethesda due to how open they are about mod support, but don't adore them. I lost a lot of respect for them with Skyrim, I suppose i would've loved it if i hadn't played Morrowind, but it feels so dummed down to me.

Anathrax

Jan 14, 2013
Splash damage and Valve. I really hope that Splash Damage joining forces with WarChest(Who comes up with these War names?) that Dirty Bomb will be good... But I'm leaving all judgement to the beta.

The Hero Killer

Aug 9, 2010
Naughty Dog
Namco Bandai
CD Projekt
Rocksteady
Rockstar

Square-Enix, I will be loyal to them till the end. Sqaresoft was my childhood.

Subscriptism

May 5, 2012
Trust and love? Valve (duh), CD Projekt RED (The Witcher guys) for their stance on DRM, and rockstar they've done nothing wrong and make great games.

Disturbed-Hell

Shas'la
Mar 18, 2010
Bethesda Game Studios and Arkane Studios are the only devs that I still instinctively buy from, seeing as neither has ever let me down. Maybe I can add Epic Games to the list if I ignore Gears of War, but still.

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
Platinum games. They don't make the best games, but they are one of the few game companies that "Get" the silly overpowered badass power fantasy. And when they promise to give you something, they fucking give it. They don't skimp on nothing... which may prove to be a bad thing once Metal Gear Rising comes out but at least they deliver.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Trust & Adore: Rocksteady, Irrational, ANet.

Adore (hugely), but don't trust: Valve.

astrav1

Jul 6, 2009
Zeckt said:
CD Projekt, Bethesda and Obsidian. (yes Obsidian, I love their bug filled games because they are GOOD games)

Japanese based Falcom and Nippon Ichi come to mind, they know what their fan's want and are not afraid to give it to them.
And Square Enix because I still love final fantasy and am not afraid to admit it!
My thoughts exactly on Obsidian. I got alpha protocol on a whim for 2 dollars, best decision I have ever made.

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
Developer? Bethesda Game Studios

Publisher? er... Paradox I guess is the only one I trust at all. Maybe Bethesda Softworks in a pinch, but they have put out some really bad games, so...

cambamuniverse

Jan 2, 2012
Well, I like Mojang, and 22Cans's stuff is really interesting to me. I thought the cube was pretty cool, and I backed Godus. I think I will always play Lionhead's games, except the Kinect ones, because f*** that :D

Ubisoft puts out SOME good stuff. But ehhhh... I feel like they have a lot of good ideas but they're also pissing off a lot of people.

I've never liked Valve all that much, and I feel like they're also going down the toilet.

I trust Rockstar with the knowledge that I will get some really fantastic story, but I feel as though they're always lacking in gameplay. RDR and MP3 fit into that category.

Other than that, I'm interested in Double Fine because of the new point and click game. I don't know if Jonathan Blow counts as a development company but I trust his ideas. That's about it I guess.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
id (I actually loved Rage and Quake 4, and could listen to John Carmack talk for hours)
Bethesda (may be buggy, but they still make good games)
Suda 51 (immature, but hilarious games)

I guess I could say Valve, too. I like how they run their company and how they support their games, but I'm not a fan of multiplayer-only games, and Left 4 Dead (1) was the last good game they made (in my opinion).

Probably others that I can't think of.