Which football team should I follow?

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
I live in the UK and I want to get into American football (or just football to you Yankee Doodle Dandy's ;) ) but I don't know the first thing about it. Which team should I support? Should I just pick one at random?

Antitonic

Enlightened Dispenser Of Truth!
Feb 4, 2010
The way I did it was to pick a logo I liked. After that, I found out the history, which reassured me.

Go Baltimore! :p

Cloudedskate

Jul 2, 2011
Antitonic said:
Go Baltimore! :p
I like the way this guy thinks. Baltimore is a great team that is fun as hell to watch. One of the best teams in the league consistently, they have a hard hitting defense and an offense that can be explosive. Ray Rice is amazing to watch because he is so shifty.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Depends, do you want to start with a crappy team with tons of potential (go my Minnesota Vikings...good God we're terrible right now) or do you want to go with a team that's already at the top (Grrrr....stupid Green Bay Packers)?

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
If you want to follow people that aren't tossers, then follow American college football. Because of my family, I tend to be partial towards University of Texas Longhorns and Ole Miss Rebels Bears (because it's racist to have rebels as your logo now apparently).

If you are fine with following asshats, then I would say the Green Bay Packers are a good team. Professional football is filled with grade A cunts though.

CaptOfSerenity

Mar 8, 2011
49ers because...well it's really about who you grew up watching, but the 49ers are a fun team to watch. They have a great defense, and their offense is a well-oiled machine up until they get near the endzone.

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
My team is the Miami Dolphins because my family likes them and I grew up a fan. They are a decent team now that under achieved a lot at the beginning of the season but have been winning recently. It really doesn't matter which team you pick though, I picked the New York knicks as my favorite basketball team for the reason of I liked their logo :p

Total LOLige

Jul 17, 2009
I like the Cincinnati Bengals however I know nothing about the NFL. They've got a cool jersey

Hazy992

Aug 1, 2010
I was kinda partial to the Steelers cause I've got family in Pennsylvania. Baltimore has a damn cool logo though! Decisions!

uscjack13

Oct 2, 2009
If you want to choose a team that will always get the very funny response "Ugh why would you like them you're white!", go with my team, the Oakland Raiders

GenesisCEO

Apr 26, 2011
Fuck the NFL, college (American) football is where the real action is! Louisiana State University (LSU) is number 1 in the nation and undefeated! Purple and Gold for the win.

Aerakade

Aug 15, 2008
Green Bay is a great team to watch. Right now they're the only undefeated team but they also have a rich history. The current team is full of class acts that can pose as good role models and also they're the only team in the NFL that's not owned by some random rich yahoo but are instead community owned.

rayen020

May 20, 2009
2012 Wont Happen said:
If you want to follow people that aren't tossers, then follow American college football. Because of my family, I tend to be partial towards University of Texas Longhorns and Ole Miss Rebels Bears (because it's racist to have rebels as your logo now apparently).

If you are fine with following asshats, then I would say the Green Bay Packers are a good team. Professional football is filled with grade A cunts though.
to be fair the sports media tends to focus on the bad eggs and asshats for some reason, i met a few pro players and they were nice people.

honestly, it's all pretty much the same, find a mascot you like and just start following them. college tends to be a little crazier and has big rivalries, pro has more polished skill and has the super bowl.

Hazy992

Aug 1, 2010
2012 Wont Happen said:

TBF most professional sports are filled with wankers. I mean just look at the English Premier League.

enzilewulf

Jun 19, 2009
Support any team except Green bay or else you will be called a band wagon (they are doing very damn good this year and will probably make it to another super bowl)

My Team is the Steelers.

Hazy992

Aug 1, 2010
enzilewulf said:
Support any team except Green bay or else you will be called a band wagon (they are doing very damn good this year and will probably make it to another super bowl)

My Team is the Steelers.
Right now its a tossup between the Steelers and the Ravens :D

enzilewulf

Jun 19, 2009
Hazy992 said:
enzilewulf said:

My Team is the Steelers.
Right now its a tossup between the Steelers and the Ravens :D
Psssh! Thats no match its obviously the Steelers! :D. Ravens got nothing on the city of steel!

Instinct Blues

Jun 8, 2008
Hazy992 said:
I live in the UK and I want to get into American football (or just football to you Yankee Doodle Dandy's ;) ) but I don't know the first thing about it. Which team should I support? Should I just pick one at random?
Well if you want to watch an exciting game I'd say you have to go with the Denver Broncos. Most of their games come down to the wire and their Quarterback(QB) Tim Tebow is exciting as all hell to watch. I completely ignored the New England Patriots' (My Favorite Team) game today because the Broncos were on at the same time. Or if you just want to pick a team that is consistently winning year after year go with the Pats, Green Bay Packers, or Pittsburgh Steelers.

If you really want each game to be a crazy ride watch the Denver Broncos because they are the most exciting team in football right now. Just watch these highlights from Tim Tebow.