Which football team should I follow?

Iklwa

Jan 27, 2010
The New York Giants! They've been my team literally since the day I was born.

w9496

Jun 28, 2011
The Detroit Lions are fun to watch because they're a pack of assholes on the field, and that's why they're my team. I don't even live in Michigan(I live in Minnesota), but they always fun, whether they are losing horribly as usual or winning like this year.

Why is everybody a Packers fan all of a sudden? It seems like they're the ne New Orleans Saints, because once they win a Super Bowl, everybody hops on the bandwagon.

Shadow flame master

Jul 1, 2011
2012 Wont Happen said:
If you want to follow people that aren't tossers, then follow American college football. Because of my family, I tend to be partial towards University of Texas Longhorns and Ole Miss Rebels Bears (because it's racist to have rebels as your logo now apparently).

If you are fine with following asshats, then I would say the Green Bay Packers are a good team. Professional football is filled with grade A cunts though.
Hey, so I find a Rebels Bears fan, huh? Please tell me that they should have at least made 10 points in their game against MSU, the game was embaresing.

OT: I don't watch much sports, but I have to agree that college football is bit better than professional football. I think it has something to do with un-spoiled talent at it's finest, or something like that.

As for picking team, choose one that looks good to you. If you can't pick one, then choose a few teams that you like and hope one of them makes it to the championships.

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
Well, I suppose you could just do some research. Watch some games, read up on the teams.

I saw the Super Bowl 45 without any prior experience to the NFL. Packers vs Steelers. I didn't have any particular expectations towards the game, but I found it really engaging. Throughout the match I felt more and more support for The Packers because of how well they played, and that's how I got my favourite team.

Basically, find the team that appeals to you the most, either through their history, their playstyle or something similar.

AzureRaven

Jul 21, 2011
enzilewulf said:
Hazy992 said:
Right now its a tossup between the Steelers and the Ravens :D
Psssh! Thats no match its obviously the Steelers! :D. Ravens got nothing on the city of steel!
So we beat you twice the year...because...?
Na, it's all in good fun, just as long as you recognize BOTH teams are fantastic. :p
Be careful though OP, both teams are bitter rivals, liking both just doesn't happen. o.o

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Great suggestions guys, thanks :)
Also, what's the Superbowl exactly? Is it the AFC and NFC (is that right?) champions playing against each other?

Hazy992

Aug 1, 2010
SilverJin02 said:
enzilewulf said:
Hazy992 said:
Psssh! Thats no match its obviously the Steelers! :D. Ravens got nothing on the city of steel!
Na, it's all in good fun, just as long as you recognize BOTH teams are fantastic. :p
Be careful though OP, both teams are bitter rivals, liking both just doesn't happen. o.o
Damn, this just got interesting! :p

AzureRaven

Jul 21, 2011
Hazy992 said:
Also, what's the Superbowl exactly? Is it the AFC and NFC (is that right?) champions playing against each other?
Yes that's correct. It is the culmination of the entire season's worth of effort to reach that game and win it.

gigastrike

Jul 13, 2008
The big ones to look at are the Packers, 49ers, Patriots, Ravens, and Steelers.

Personally, I want to see the Ravens and Steelers in the AFC championship if at all possible.

Hazy992

Aug 1, 2010
SilverJin02 said:
Hazy992 said:
Yes that's correct. It is the culmination of the entire season's worth of effort to reach that game and win it.
Cool, well I'll definitely watch that! :)

loudestmute

Oct 21, 2008
Assign every team in the league a number from 1 to 32, then spin a roulette wheel. If you land on either of the zeroes, congratulations, you now want to follow hockey.

If I sound pessimistic there, it's because I was raised a Cleveland fan. A bit like Everton, only without the benefits of childhood scouting. As long as you don't mind having to constantly defend your selection with "There's great potential for the future!", then go for it.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Another thing to consider, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are owned by the guy who owns Manchester United and is very much trying to push the NFL in Europe. The Bucs have gone across the pond a few times and are expected to be a team that will continue to do so with the Man U connection.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Ooh, pick the Denver Broncos.

Even if they're not going to win, they're going to put on a show worth watching.

Hazy992

Aug 1, 2010
loudestmute said:
Assign every team in the league a number from 1 to 32, then spin a roulette wheel. If you land on either of the zeroes, congratulations, you now want to follow hockey.
I tried to watch hockey last night, but I got confused as I couldn't see the puck most of the time :S

enzilewulf

Jun 19, 2009
SilverJin02 said:
enzilewulf said:
Hazy992 said:
Lol if I can admit something its simply because the steelers are starting to turn into shit. They just lost it. I think last year was the final year they were gong to have another shot at the superbowl any how. I just hope they don't turn into the browns XD

Logiclul

Sep 18, 2011
Antitonic said:
The way I did it was to pick a logo I liked. After that, I found out the history, which reassured me.

Go Baltimore! :p
100% agree, GO RAVENS! They are very fun to watch, in my opinion the most fun out of any team. Their defense has a way to just take over the game and for some reason it's fun to watch Terrel Suggs blow through defenses and bruise the quarterbacks' entire body in a single hit.

If you like to always feel let down, you can become a Panthers fan, but... yeah.

rayen020

May 20, 2009
w9496 said:
Why is everybody a Packers fan all of a sudden? It seems like they're the ne New Orleans Saints, because once they win a Super Bowl, everybody hops on the bandwagon.
they are called fair weather fans. and yeah it's just a bandwagon effect. there are always alot of people like that, it's worse when it's a team in your conference that isn't yours.

major28

Feb 25, 2010
the bills (as indiated by the black out today) really need the fans soooooo... Please!?!?

Logiclul

Sep 18, 2011
enzilewulf said:
SilverJin02 said:
enzilewulf said:
Hazy992 said:
Lol if I can admit something its simply because the steelers are starting to turn into shit. They just lost it. I think last year was the final year they were gong to have another shot at the superbowl any how. I just hope they don't turn into the browns XD
I don't think that the Steelers got that much worse. I think that their offense is getting worse, but it is still quite strong, and their defense is strong too. It's just that Baltimore is now a top tier (arguably the best team in the AFC) now that Flacco is throwing with consistency. We have power-running, deep threat, and the best defense in football.