Which game do you think Bioware is working on?

cjspyres

New member
Oct 12, 2011
332
0
0
The subject pretty much says it all. What game do you think Bioware is focusing on right now? Not the game that you want, but the one you honestly think is next to come out. For me, I'm stuck between Jade Empire 2 and Dragon Age 3.

I'm thinking Jade Empire 2, because I believe they might want to take a step back from their current franchises. But, then again, Dragon Age 3 may be the easier money.
 
Nov 28, 2007
10,686
0
0
Dragon Age 3. They've already announced that they are working on Dragon Age 3. http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/21/muzyka-bioware-to-throw-previous-dragon-age-games-into-a-blende/

Please not the date of the link. August 21st, 2011. Not only did they announce it, they announced it almost a year ago.

Although I wouldn't mind seeing a Jade Empire 2 afterwards.
 

crazyrabbits

New member
Jul 10, 2012
472
0
0
What EA wants, EA gets.

Up to and including bringing back the ghosts of past franchises torn asunder.
 

80Maxwell08

New member
Jul 14, 2010
1,102
0
0
Which one? No idea how many there are at the moment. I actually live very close to one of the branches, Bioware Austin, who made The Old Republic. Then we get the renamed studios who had Bioware slapped on them like Bioware Victory, a studio formed of some people who worked on C&C4 who are now working on the next C&C game, and Bioware Mythic, who made the Warhammer MMO.
 

burningdragoon

Warrior without Weapons
Jul 27, 2009
1,935
0
0
The BioWare sticker is on several studios, so... several * n, where n the number of games a single studio is working on at any given moment.

That doesn't answer your question, but :p
 

octafish

New member
Apr 23, 2010
5,137
0
0
Ghostwise said:
Command & Conquer and Ultima. That's not speculation or anything. It's kind of a fact! :D
Command and Conquer isn't Bioware proper though is it? It's Bioware: Victory or something like that. I'm interested in seeing what happens with this one, mostly because I am impressed as hell with Frostbite 2, I'll be looking to see what happens with Medal of Honor as well. I haven't heard good things about NFS: The Run though.
 

nomzy

New member
Jan 29, 2010
257
0
0
80Maxwell08 said:
Which one? No idea how many there are at the moment. I actually live very close to one of the branches, Bioware Austin, who made the Dragon Age games. -snip
I'm fairly sure that it was the Edmonton branch that did Dragon Age and Austin was the one that did SWTOR.. or maybe they did Mass Effect I forget. I vaguely remember reading somewhere that it was 2 individual teams that worked on DA and ME respectively, or maybe I'm taking crazy pills.
I'm too lazy to google it. >.>

OT: Dragon Age 3 and the C & C game.


EDIT:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Age:_Origins Says there it was Bioware Edmonton. No clue if it's actually right though.
 

cjspyres

New member
Oct 12, 2011
332
0
0
80Maxwell08 said:
Which one? No idea how many there are at the moment. I actually live very close to one of the branches, Bioware Austin, who made the Dragon Age games. Then we get the renamed studios who had Bioware slapped on them like Bioware Victory, a studio formed of some people who worked on C&C4 who are now working on the next C&C game, and Bioware Mythic, who made the Warhammer MMO.
You know, it's interesting that I didn't even remember this. I'm usually pretty good about stuff like that. I suppose I could say ask what game you think they (as an entire company) are going to put the most emphasis on. I mean, theoretically, if Mass Effect 3 and C&C:G2 were going to come out at the same time, you bet the farm on Mass Effect 3.
 

80Maxwell08

New member
Jul 14, 2010
1,102
0
0
nomzy said:
80Maxwell08 said:
Which one? No idea how many there are at the moment. I actually live very close to one of the branches, Bioware Austin, who made the Dragon Age games. -snip
I'm fairly sure that it was the Edmonton branch that did Dragon Age and Austin was the one that did SWTOR.. or maybe they did Mass Effect I forget. I vaguely remember reading somewhere that it was 2 individual teams that worked on DA and ME respectively, or maybe I'm taking crazy pills.
I'm too lazy to google it. >.>

OT: Dragon Age 3 and the C & C game.


EDIT:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Age:_Origins Says there it was Bioware Edmonton. No clue if it's actually right though.
You are right on that I guess I just remembered wrong. Just looked it up and Austin was the SWTOR studio. Yeah definitely don't want a job there.
 

80Maxwell08

New member
Jul 14, 2010
1,102
0
0
cjspyres said:
80Maxwell08 said:
Which one? No idea how many there are at the moment. I actually live very close to one of the branches, Bioware Austin, who made the Dragon Age games. Then we get the renamed studios who had Bioware slapped on them like Bioware Victory, a studio formed of some people who worked on C&C4 who are now working on the next C&C game, and Bioware Mythic, who made the Warhammer MMO.
You know, it's interesting that I didn't even remember this. I'm usually pretty good about stuff like that. I suppose I could say ask what game you think they (as an entire company) are going to put the most emphasis on. I mean, theoretically, if Mass Effect 3 and C&C:G2 were going to come out at the same time, you bet the farm on Mass Effect 3.
Ah so which game will have the most focus. Well I know this sounds pretty smart ass but the first one that's due to release. EA will waste huge amounts on marketing on each game coming out so basically which one will have the most emphasis will be the most recent one then they throw it away and jump to the next one.
 

cjspyres

New member
Oct 12, 2011
332
0
0
80Maxwell08 said:
cjspyres said:
80Maxwell08 said:
Which one? No idea how many there are at the moment. I actually live very close to one of the branches, Bioware Austin, who made the Dragon Age games. Then we get the renamed studios who had Bioware slapped on them like Bioware Victory, a studio formed of some people who worked on C&C4 who are now working on the next C&C game, and Bioware Mythic, who made the Warhammer MMO.
You know, it's interesting that I didn't even remember this. I'm usually pretty good about stuff like that. I suppose I could say ask what game you think they (as an entire company) are going to put the most emphasis on. I mean, theoretically, if Mass Effect 3 and C&C:G2 were going to come out at the same time, you bet the farm on Mass Effect 3.
Ah so which game will have the most focus. Well I know this sounds pretty smart ass but the first one that's due to release. EA will waste huge amounts on marketing on each game coming out so basically which one will have the most emphasis will be the most recent one then they throw it away and jump to the next one.
*sigh* The sad thing is, you're probably right. I find it interesting that EA told Bioware, a company in which 96% of their games are RPG's, to make a sequel to an RTS of a very popular series.
 

80Maxwell08

New member
Jul 14, 2010
1,102
0
0
cjspyres said:
80Maxwell08 said:
cjspyres said:
80Maxwell08 said:
Which one? No idea how many there are at the moment. I actually live very close to one of the branches, Bioware Austin, who made the Dragon Age games. Then we get the renamed studios who had Bioware slapped on them like Bioware Victory, a studio formed of some people who worked on C&C4 who are now working on the next C&C game, and Bioware Mythic, who made the Warhammer MMO.
You know, it's interesting that I didn't even remember this. I'm usually pretty good about stuff like that. I suppose I could say ask what game you think they (as an entire company) are going to put the most emphasis on. I mean, theoretically, if Mass Effect 3 and C&C:G2 were going to come out at the same time, you bet the farm on Mass Effect 3.
Ah so which game will have the most focus. Well I know this sounds pretty smart ass but the first one that's due to release. EA will waste huge amounts on marketing on each game coming out so basically which one will have the most emphasis will be the most recent one then they throw it away and jump to the next one.
*sigh* The sad thing is, you're probably right. I find it interesting that EA told Bioware, a company in which 96% of their games are RPG's, to make a sequel to an RTS of a very popular series.
Read my post again. It's not Bioware at all. EA took another studio whose people worked on the most hated entry in the entire C&C series and named them Bioware just for the name recognition.
EDIT: Ok I swear last time I looked it up the lead designer behind C&C4 was behind C&C generals 2 but I can't find that anymore.
 

cjspyres

New member
Oct 12, 2011
332
0
0
80Maxwell08 said:
cjspyres said:
80Maxwell08 said:
cjspyres said:
80Maxwell08 said:
Which one? No idea how many there are at the moment. I actually live very close to one of the branches, Bioware Austin, who made the Dragon Age games. Then we get the renamed studios who had Bioware slapped on them like Bioware Victory, a studio formed of some people who worked on C&C4 who are now working on the next C&C game, and Bioware Mythic, who made the Warhammer MMO.
You know, it's interesting that I didn't even remember this. I'm usually pretty good about stuff like that. I suppose I could say ask what game you think they (as an entire company) are going to put the most emphasis on. I mean, theoretically, if Mass Effect 3 and C&C:G2 were going to come out at the same time, you bet the farm on Mass Effect 3.
Ah so which game will have the most focus. Well I know this sounds pretty smart ass but the first one that's due to release. EA will waste huge amounts on marketing on each game coming out so basically which one will have the most emphasis will be the most recent one then they throw it away and jump to the next one.
*sigh* The sad thing is, you're probably right. I find it interesting that EA told Bioware, a company in which 96% of their games are RPG's, to make a sequel to an RTS of a very popular series.
Read my post again. It's not Bioware at all. EA took another studio whose people worked on the most hated entry in the entire C&C series and named them Bioware just for the name recognition.
I suppose this is what I get for staying up way to late, hahaha. Sadly, I try to still live in the fake reality where developers have one office, and aren't named like Superhero teams (i.e Avengers [Bioware?]West Coast).
 

80Maxwell08

New member
Jul 14, 2010
1,102
0
0
cjspyres said:
80Maxwell08 said:
cjspyres said:
80Maxwell08 said:
cjspyres said:
80Maxwell08 said:
Which one? No idea how many there are at the moment. I actually live very close to one of the branches, Bioware Austin, who made the Dragon Age games. Then we get the renamed studios who had Bioware slapped on them like Bioware Victory, a studio formed of some people who worked on C&C4 who are now working on the next C&C game, and Bioware Mythic, who made the Warhammer MMO.
You know, it's interesting that I didn't even remember this. I'm usually pretty good about stuff like that. I suppose I could say ask what game you think they (as an entire company) are going to put the most emphasis on. I mean, theoretically, if Mass Effect 3 and C&C:G2 were going to come out at the same time, you bet the farm on Mass Effect 3.
Ah so which game will have the most focus. Well I know this sounds pretty smart ass but the first one that's due to release. EA will waste huge amounts on marketing on each game coming out so basically which one will have the most emphasis will be the most recent one then they throw it away and jump to the next one.
*sigh* The sad thing is, you're probably right. I find it interesting that EA told Bioware, a company in which 96% of their games are RPG's, to make a sequel to an RTS of a very popular series.
Read my post again. It's not Bioware at all. EA took another studio whose people worked on the most hated entry in the entire C&C series and named them Bioware just for the name recognition.
I suppose this is what I get for staying up way to late, hahaha. Sadly, I try to still live in the fake reality where developers have one office, and aren't named like Superhero teams (i.e Avengers [Bioware?]West Coast).
Ah fake realities how much fun those are. Well speaking of staying up late I'm going to sleep now since it's 1 AM.
 

cjspyres

New member
Oct 12, 2011
332
0
0
TopazFusion said:
Whatever they're working on, I'm sure they'll take their time over it.
They are licking their wounds at the moment afterall.
I don't know why, but reading the first part of your message and then seeing Mal in your Avatar, is absolutely hilarious. It's almost as if he knows that it's just delusion and that EA won't give them sufficient time.


OT: Interestingly enough, the games that I want to see from them the most, are the ones I'm predicting they'll announce. Not just because I want them to, but I really believe it's the right move. And they REAAAALLY need to make the right move.
 

OpticalJunction

New member
Jul 1, 2011
589
0
0
swtor especially now while they transition to a f2p model
dragon age 3
more mass effect 3 single player and multiplayer dlc
I don't think there is a new IP in the works however I hope I'm wrong, as it would be great to get something new out of those guys. Something not tainted by rushed endings (me3) and poor design choices (da2)
 

Frozengale

New member
Sep 9, 2009
761
0
0
cjspyres said:
I'm thinking Jade Empire 2, because I believe they might want to take a step back from their current franchises.
Nope. Not happening. Bioware scrapped Jade Empire 2 years ago. At least if some of their past employees are to be believed.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/04/14/ex-bioware-employee-claims-to-have-worked-on-jade-empire-2-in-20/

Basically we can deduce that Jade Empire 2 WAS in development. The last thing the higher ups said about it was, "It's an IP, it's a setting that we're really passionate about, and we still are. Both Greg and I were big believers in the IP... We're just looking for the right way to deploy it." That was in 2011 almost a full year ago. I'm guessing that EA doesn't want them to really focus on it seeing as how it's one of their lower rated franchises with lower sales figures. It sold pretty good and is rated pretty good, but when compared to Bioware's other IP's it pales in comparison. Don't get me wrong, Jade Empire is probably my favorite Bioware game, but I don't think we will be hearing much about it anytime soon. If people were working on a sequel back in 2007 as the ex-employee states then that means it has been 5 years. That's stretching the limits of reasonable development times. EA probably just doesn't see it as a viable franchise when they can instead be making more Mass Effects, Dragon Ages, Star Wars games and reviving famous dead franchises.

As for what they are working on. We KNOW what they are working on. This isn't a mystery. They have announced that they are working on Dragon Age 3, Command and Conquer: Generals 2 and Ultima Forever. They will also have a team constantly working and updating SWTOR.
 

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
3,782
0
0
cjspyres said:
The subject pretty much says it all. What game do you think Bioware is focusing on right now? Not the game that you want, but the one you honestly think is next to come out. For me, I'm stuck between Jade Empire 2 and Dragon Age 3.

I'm thinking Jade Empire 2, because I believe they might want to take a step back from their current franchises. But, then again, Dragon Age 3 may be the easier money.
Bioware doesn't really exist as a company as such anymore, its more a brand-name if anything now.

As such the companies and groups currently using the name "Bioware" are creating in no particular order Star Wars TOR content, ME3 DLC, Ultima Online, a Command & Conquer game and Dragon Age 3.

Captcha:eek:ff the record