Which game have you played through the most times?

Avaholic03

May 11, 2009
Does games like Minesweeper and FreeCell count? Because I've beat those hundreds of times.

If not, then I guess Halo:CE. I don't know how many times I played through that on single player and co-op, but it was at least a couple dozen.

jcallen

Nov 14, 2010
Fourteen play throughs on Resident Evil Four.

7 on the game cube. 6 on the playstation. 1 on the Wii.

Locko96

Jan 18, 2010
Max Payne 2 is definitely up there. Probably played through that around a dozen times. KOTOR is a close second.

easterferret

Dec 27, 2009
Planescape: Torment, somewhere in the area of 10 times. I think I read every word of dialogue in the game (that being the point).

Goatmeat

Jun 17, 2011
Most times I've finished is probably Super Mario Bros. I've had it on the NES, the SNES, the Wii Virtual Console, and on my console-free years I had it on an emulator. Although I completed Sonic the Hedgehog a lot as well.

I never had any friends as a child.

If we're going total playtime, probably Fallout New Vegas. I'm on my fifth playthrough, and it's about 70 hours long and counting. I've finally installed it on my PC as well, to try out some mods (I found a mod that gets rid of Inon Zur's woeful soundtrack and replaces it with music from Fallout and Fallout 2 - YAY), so I doubt I'll stop playing it any time soon. It's a really fun game.

The Night Shade said:
Not kidding here MGS 1 and then MGS 3 and then MGS 2
Matthew94 said:
I beat MGS3 about 13-14 times.
I actually forgot about Metal Gear Solid. I never finished MGS2 and didn't play anything after that, but I got my MGS1 playthroughs down to about three hours. Sometimes I'd see how many times I could finish it in one day if I set the difficulty to Very Easy. I don't know if I finished it as many times as I finished SMB, but I did finish it a good few times.

Ava Elzbieta

Mar 22, 2010
thebobmaster said:
I don't even want to know how many times I've played through Mass Effect 2.
Ditto. Although my obsessive quest to see every possible outcome warranted my making a chart.

So to answer... Fallout 3 and Mass Effect tied with 9 complete playthroughs. God am I lame.

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
Tales of Symphonia about 7-times. It just never gets old. Never. The plot never gets stale, and the combat is really fun. It just keeps bringing me back, like an addiction.

gamerguyal

Jun 24, 2010
At least 6 playthroughs on Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition, and more time spent with the Mercenaries mode.

Wuggy

Jan 14, 2010
Probably Portal. Sometimes when I'm bored I just tend to pick it up and play through it just because it's so fast now that I know all the puzzles. Overall I've completed it something like 6 to 10 times.

qeinar

Jul 14, 2009
probably super mario world 3, or DKC1-3, think iæve done DKC2 the most of those..

Titan Buttons

Apr 13, 2011
Hmm I'm not sure about the most, probobly Starwars Battlefield 2. I played that game so many times.

CheckD3

Dec 9, 2009
Easy, Resident Evil 4. Played that game and beaten it at least about 30-40 times minimum. I worked a lot on speed runs to the point of back then I could kill one person and that's all I'd need to actually kill, love that game

christmasbats

Feb 4, 2011
Hmm not sure could be Oblivion or Monster hunter freedom 2 or dynasty warriors (icr which one) or pokemon red.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
If it's a game with a clear start and end, then it would likely be the first Halo. I've long since lost track of how many times I've played through that game's campaign.

Otherwise it would have to be Team Fortress 2. I've played that game on an almost daily basis since 2007.

Mister Benoit

Sep 19, 2008
qeinar said:
probably super mario world 3, or DKC1-3, think iæve done DKC2 the most of those..
Every now and then i'll spend an evening starting and completing DKC2. By far one of my favorite games of all time. The music is just... /melt.

I'm not sure how you'd count "completing Diablo II". Because defeating Diablo in classic or Baal in LoD doesn't really mean much of anything online. If it does count then I've probably completed it 10,000 + times over the years.

On console though probably FFIX, I just really enjoy just about everything in the game.

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
Mass Effect.
I don't even want to know how many hours I've clocked in.
Somewhere over 9000 probably.