Which game have you played through the most times?

Worr Monger

Jan 21, 2008
Hmm... maybe the original DooM.

But I can't be sure.. most recently:

I have 549 hours clocked in Dragon Age: Origins (That's about 7-8 full playthroughs).

I also have around 200+ hours in Mass Effect (about 7 playthroughs)

And about 350 hours in Mass Effect 2 (about 6 playthroughs).

glyphseeker

Sep 19, 2010
I played through Army of Two with my uncle so much i believe we've cleared it through maybe a good 12 times. I have to admit though that the banter between us is what is funny (or the fact that the AI couldn't open a jar at time and could solve Quantum physics at others)

Edit:
Bioshock is a close second

OctoH

Feb 14, 2011
Fallout New Vegas and the first KOTOR are tied. Actually, Mass Effect might be up there too.

rotkiv

May 15, 2011
Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando maybe 5 or 6 play throughs, but I probably have more play time in Dragon Age: Origins(≈350-400h) over 3 real play throughs and played through a the origins stores at least ones.

Sep 14, 2009
Nasty_Taco said:
Probably KotOR. I love KotOR
statement: I like this meatbag

OT: kotor..is probably in the 50-60's range, honestly i lost count but it is fucking insane how many times i have played that game, there was a year where i probably played it oh...8-9 times in the span of one summer?

and im still playing that game strong to this day..

oh and probably star fox 64, love that shit to death, it's ALMOST worth getting a 3ds just for that game.

Sep 14, 2009
Worr Monger said:

I have 549 hours clocked in Dragon Age: Origins (That's about 7-8 full playthroughs).

bloody hell you do EVERYTHING in every playthrough, don't you?

usually i have a couple perfects..but then after that it's usually mod filled re-runs or just enjoying the cinematic/chills again for the next 9-10 playthroughs

Barfbag

Jun 21, 2009
Probably Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines; in combination with the fan patch and camarilla-edition so many things pop-up you never noticed the 10 million previous playthroughs...

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
I've played through Final Fantasy 9, Resident Evil 4 and Kingdom Hearts about 5 or 6 times each. There are a few games I've played through about 3 or 4 times, like God Of War 1 & 2, Jak 1, 2 & 3, Zelda OOT and Wind Waker, ICO and a few more.

But I've not played through any games a ridiculous amount of times.

Worr Monger

Jan 21, 2008
gmaverick019 said:
Worr Monger said:

usually i have a couple perfects..but then after that it's usually mod filled re-runs or just enjoying the cinematic/chills again for the next 9-10 playthroughs
Pretty much... If I'm gonna put the time, I'm going to enjoy it fully.

And unfortunately, I'm one of those weird people that doesn't blow through dialogue even on replays... it ruins the flow for me. Part of the fun is the dialogue.

Dragon Age: Origins is like crack to me. I literally had to make myself stop playing it this past January.... and now I'm starting to feel the itch. The Fall/Winter games need to hurry the fuck up and release themselves.

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Completion would probably be Dark Alliance for the PS2, for straight up time, I'm going to say BFME2 and its expansion.

Fangv2

Jan 20, 2011
Sadly:
Fallout 3 and New Vegas tied. Only 60 hours or so on each so 1-2 plays.

Tallim

Mar 16, 2010
Probably Suikoden 2 I think. Used to play it through when I had nothing to do or couldn't sleep.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
I've gone through Dead Rising about 14 times. The Halo: Combat Evolved campaign at least a dozen or so with certain levels hitting the 20+ mark (Attack on the Control Room, Silent Cartographer).
Most recently I guess it would be Batman: Arkham Asylum which I went through, start to finish, 4 times. That was across 2 seperate platforms (Medium and Hard on Xbox, Medium and Hard on PS3). Plus I played the Challenge Rooms dozens upon dozens of times.

I don't think it's so much that games have lost their replay value as it is that people have less time and there are more and more games coming out all the time. So rather than revisiting past glories, people tend to pick up the next adventure then the next then the next. And I think developers keep that in mind when they make their games now. So they make them where they can be explored and enjoyed fully within one or two playthrough sessions. Of course there will always be the games that are eternally enjoyable. Games you can just go through over and over (SMB3, the first Halo, Super Metroid, the first Gears of War etc).

Sep 14, 2009
Worr Monger said:
gmaverick019 said:
Worr Monger said:

Pretty much... If I'm gonna put the time, I'm going to enjoy it fully.

And unfortunately, I'm one of those weird people that doesn't blow through dialogue even on replays... it ruins the flow for me. Part of the fun is the dialogue.

Dragon Age: Origins is like crack to me. I literally had to make myself stop playing it this past January.... and now I'm starting to feel the itch. The Fall/Winter games need to hurry the fuck up and release themselves.
haha so a perfectionist eh?

i totally agree about the dialogue though, every single time i listen more and more in depth to it (sadly, creepily) i listen to the tone and go through every single option regardless if it does anything at all besides spew some more dialogue that is worthless, i still do it every time.

and yeah i'll agree to that, i played through it 3 times in the spring before DA2 came out, and after that i forced myself to uninstall it and awakening to prevent myself from losing more life force to it.

AngryBritishAce

Feb 19, 2010
I've had the most hours on Oblivion, but I've completed Fable II more times since the huge game-time difference